Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That's their listed or asking price. Like eBay prices, doesn't mean it will actually sell at that, and if it does, well, anything is worth what the seller and buyer agree it's worth. Doesn't matter what you or I think.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
ive been keeping my eye out for a diesel around town. Once I see one ill be entering negotiations and taking as much as I can off my JTMT before trading her in. Love the JTMT, but I want a diesel.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It was mentioned in another thread on values that vehicles, (and especially Jeeps, I'd suggest) sell better or for more when stock. People want to do their own thing, not buy someone else's personal tastes.
If I were shopping for a used Jeep of any sort, I'd want mostly stock so I could make it my own and not be stuck with how someone else did things.

When I bought my JT I ran my Silverado through all of those used vehicle pricing things, and got offers to buy it for "fair market value" or even better - "best price" - what a hoot! The local Chevy dealer bought it from me for thousands more than any of those sites like that offered me. I had to tell them to buzz off as they kept saying I should sell to them because they had such great offers for me. Right.
Same here. The dealership has always been my best option when selling or a private sale, and your exactly right when it comes down to people's personal taste. The dealership asked me if I still had the front and rear stock bumper for mine and if I could put them back on they would go up another $500 on the price. Another thing people look at with jeeps is when they are lifted and have steel bumpers front and rear they automatically think that they have been beat all to crap off roading or dogged out. I've been tempted to sell mine to the dealership and buy a diesel but that would mean starting all over with another build.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'm having an internal dilemma about this! There is a deal on a new sarge rubi with a manual transmission near me and kbb says my Sport is worth what I paid a year ago. Still need to see what the dealer would give me for it but if the numbers work out, I may just do it. I'll be sad to let go of a gator though...

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having an internal dilemma about this! There is a deal on a new sarge rubi with a manual transmission near me and kbb says my Sport is worth what I paid a year ago. Still need to see what the dealer would give me for it but if the numbers work out, I may just do it. I'll be sad to let go of a gator though...
That's the main reason I'll keep mine and not wanting to start over on a build. I'm not giving up a Gator for any other color. Honestly if I hadn't saw the Gator color on mine when I was at the dealership I would be driving a white 2020 Rubicon wrangler. I wasn't in the market for a truck at the time, I went down there to specifically buy this white wrangler but could not pass up the Gator Max Tow, especially with 4:10 gears. I know this post doesn't help with your decision.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I’m mean that just a silly price I paid 49500 for my rubi in January and this is being sold for 18000 more that’s just ridiculous
What are you talking about, Brother? Quite clearly, this highly bespoke Jeep comes equipped with prime wheels, a custom, high-performance suspension lift upgrade, deluxe 700 nanometer exterior paint and decal package to enhance offroad performance....additional capability improvements by NASA engineers for specialized operations include low Reynolds number coefficient, high-speed painted frame with patented triple Dulcolax additive. Interior enrichment is further provided by front and rear, full-width bovine-clad seating and symmetrical 360-degree steering wheel with Kevlar stitching.

Act now to take delivery....because this very particular vehicle will not be on the market long at this low, low price.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
That's the main reason I'll keep mine and not wanting to start over on a build. I'm not giving up a Gator for any other color. Honestly if I hadn't saw the Gator color on mine when I was at the dealership I would be driving a white 2020 Rubicon wrangler. I wasn't in the market for a truck at the time, I went down there to specifically buy this white wrangler but could not pass up the Gator Max Tow, especially with 4:10 gears. I know this post doesn't help with your decision.
Haha yep, only adding to the internal turmoil. Truth is, I have all the the truck I NEED, but this one has everything I WANT, except no longer being Gator.
Sponsored