First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
With used vehicle prices still sky high, I wouldn't base much on what a stealership offers you. Fun fact- they make more on used cars than new one. If you're looking to trade up, make sure you give one of the big used chains a chance to make an offer on your current vehicle. They often pay far more than the dealer would.
As to supply shortages, the sales mgr at one local shop says he's getting new orders in about 4 weeks- granted, we're only an hour from the plant, but it indicates only a minimal backlog.
I doubt the dealer claims of 4 weeks from.order to delivery. My JTR was ordered the 2nd week in February. Just got notice from dealer will arrive 2nd week in April. They told me in the beginning 68 days and it looks like that is going to be the case
Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
My Dealership offered me $39,000 for mine at my last oil change with 18,000 miles on it, that was buying straight out. I only paid $37,000 for it out the door. I'm probably all in with bumpers lift and tires at $40,500. 13 months of ownership and 18,000 miles. I declined because I'm not in the market for anything right now. The next thing I get rid of will be a BMW or Mustang for a Porsche. Mines also a base sport no power windows or power locks.
Where is your dealer??

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
I doubt the dealer claims of 4 weeks from.order to delivery. My JTR was ordered the 2nd week in February. Just got notice from dealer will arrive 2nd week in April. They told me in the beginning 68 days and it looks like that is going to be the case
That sounds about right. I ordered mine 2/4/2020 and took possession on 3/30/2020.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Good, useful, and tasteful mods on a Jeep add value for sure. If it shows well, people who know nothing about how to mod them are more likely to pay extra. The JK I traded for the Gladiator sold in less than a week and that INCLUDED that they needed to do body work since I'd dented it off road.
The people who bought it are idiots and keep breaking things though.

Sponsored

Pointman_nh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Gobi tan
Used, low mileage Gladiators, especially Rubicon’s seem to be sitting on the lots for months here in the NH/VT region. Not sure if they’re as popular around here as JL’s are 🤷🏻‍♂️

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
It might be apples to oranges, but it seems like the market for used cars has been "rocked" by some of the online companies. I sold my 2010 Honda Accord to Carvana. It was in decent shape mechanically, but rough on the outside. Just under 150k miles.

When I bought the Jeep I had no intention of getting rid of it. Eventually I realized I only wanted to drive the Jeep so I put the feelers out. Lowballed all around for under KBB (and that is without accounting for the damaged paint/dents). Then towards the end of the summer the price went up ~$500 to within the KBB value. Still wasn't ready to let it go. A few months in I'm ready to sell it and the price is back down low.

Then a couple weeks ago I get an email from Carvana saying that they are paying more right now due to increased demand. Sure enough they were offering $1200 more than the last time and right in the middle of the KBB value. Not wanting to shuffle around the driveway any longer I pulled the trigger.

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I suffered my 2nd rear end collision recently and decided to sell my JT before ordering another one, the dealer beat Carmax by five hundred dollars, they have stated that inventory is low across all markets, i had equity in and jumped on it. a little anecdotal yes but it seems about right with the bidding i got between 3 dealers.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
That’s exactly what he was telling me. Yes, he may have been generalizing JLs and JTs, but yes- 4 weeks from order to dealer receipt. It’s possible that there are distribution bottlenecks that don’t affect us here, or that he was full of sh-omething, but that’s what I was told.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
All used vehicles are bringing a premium lately. It's the market in general, covid, the supply chain impacting new vehicles being made (or not made), etc. It's not just the JT. In fact, the dealers around here will pay pretty good for any clean later model used vehicle.

You can't buy new, the dealer lots are still pretty empty, so used bring a premium. People aren't even quibbling over the price I have on my 04 WJ (not sold yet but no one has even blinked about my price)

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I was checking the value of my JT on carvana and vroom. If I mentioned it had a lift, the offer price went down. Vroom offered 51,700 for my JT. I paid 52k for it a year ago. Carvana offered 47k for it.

thinking about getting a ram 1500 diesel with 33 gallon tank for long distance towing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was checking the value of my JT on carvana and vroom. If I mentioned it had a lift, the offer price went down. Vroom offered 51,700 for my JT. I paid 52k for it a year ago. Carvana offered 47k for it.

thinking about getting a ram 1500 diesel with 33 gallon tank for long distance towing.
It was mentioned in another thread on values that vehicles, (and especially Jeeps, I'd suggest) sell better or for more when stock. People want to do their own thing, not buy someone else's personal tastes.
If I were shopping for a used Jeep of any sort, I'd want mostly stock so I could make it my own and not be stuck with how someone else did things.

When I bought my JT I ran my Silverado through all of those used vehicle pricing things, and got offers to buy it for "fair market value" or even better - "best price" - what a hoot! The local Chevy dealer bought it from me for thousands more than any of those sites like that offered me. I had to tell them to buzz off as they kept saying I should sell to them because they had such great offers for me. Right.

OP
OP

foxman350

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m mean that just a silly price I paid 49500 for my rubi in January and this is being sold for 18000 more that’s just ridiculous
Sponsored