Sponsored

Gladiators heading to dealers spotted on transport carrier?

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Granite JTLE Ordered, switched to the dark(er) side: Black JTLE
Sorry what does this mean
Its a link to a thread for the FCA press release about Gladiators being shipped to dealers as of today.

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara X Edition
Occupation
Accountant
Its a link to a thread for the FCA press release about Gladiators being shipped to dealers as of today.
Do u think the LEs are as well ... insert kid in a candy store reference.

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do u think the LEs are as well ... insert kid in a candy store reference.
As someone who also ordered and LE and would love nothing more, just going off of the videos/pictures, I don't think so.

Worst case we're pleasantly surprised!

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Has anyone's LE been moved from BG status to being scheduled? No. The trucks that are shipping are Pre Spec trucks send to dealers (a lot of time with out them even knowing). You will know when your LE ships because your status will change. Not before. Im sorry but teh people who over paid for the LE will not be the firsts to get the truck.

Sponsored

nate320

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone's LE been moved from BG status to being scheduled? No. The trucks that are shipping are Pre Spec trucks send to dealers (a lot of time with out them even knowing). You will know when your LE ships because your status will change. Not before. Im sorry but teh people who over paid for the LE will not be the firsts to get the truck.
Can you blame people for wishful thinking after we "over paid" for our trucks? Not a single person on this site has any clue how this stuff will play out.

The release, order, and shipment process has been non-standard from every other Jeep vehicle so you can't really look at history as an indicator either. As I've said before, and you mentioned above, the dealers have been in the dark. For the first time, Jeep used an online pre-order system.

I'm not disagreeing that there probably aren't LEs on these trucks, but lets not forget there's probably less than 100 people on this forum that ordered one, leaving an outlier of 4,000 people who's order status is unknown to us.

Would it have been beyond the realm of possibility for Jeep to have already made 100 super-custom-order-but-really-pre-planned Launch Editions in each color offering? If they didn't get snagged up during the pre-order, they get sent to the dealer lots with no harm done. Yeah, I'm biased to getting my overpriced JT as soon as possible, but you're making it sound like there's no possible way an LE could have been produced by now.

We keep saying that's not how the customer order process works, but apparently none of this is how the customer order process works.

How can you be certain of what's on those trucks, but in the same breath say the dealers likely don't know what's on the way to them? Nobody knows a damn thing for certain, and what we do know is 99% speculation.

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
One the one hand, you guys have a lot more info than I had when I "custom" ordered a Ford Explorer (I know, my fault) 25 years ago. I got a call when it arrived 6 months later only to be told "sorry, somebody sold it. We'll get you another one."

On the other hand, you would think that in an age of GPS, facial recognition, RFID and the fact that Dominos can tell me exactly where in production and delivery my frickin $10 pizza is, Jeep/FCA could tell you more convincingly where your $60k vehicle is on any given day.

But, I get it. Complicated business. Good luck hope you get it soon. I'll likely have to wait a few years for a "pre-owned" one.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Ok, for all you guys waiting with baited breath I just left Hall Jeep here in Virginia Beach and got the scoop for you. Per the general manager there are two Gladiator pickups expected to arrive in the next 1.5 - 2 weeks and they are both sold to retail customers.

Last edited:

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Can you blame people for wishful thinking after we "over paid" for our trucks? Not a single person on this site has any clue how this stuff will play out.

The release, order, and shipment process has been non-standard from every other Jeep vehicle so you can't really look at history as an indicator either. As I've said before, and you mentioned above, the dealers have been in the dark. For the first time, Jeep used an online pre-order system.

I'm not disagreeing that there probably aren't LEs on these trucks, but lets not forget there's probably less than 100 people on this forum that ordered one, leaving an outlier of 4,000 people who's order status is unknown to us.

Would it have been beyond the realm of possibility for Jeep to have already made 100 super-custom-order-but-really-pre-planned Launch Editions in each color offering? If they didn't get snagged up during the pre-order, they get sent to the dealer lots with no harm done. Yeah, I'm biased to getting my overpriced JT as soon as possible, but you're making it sound like there's no possible way an LE could have been produced by now.

We keep saying that's not how the customer order process works, but apparently none of this is how the customer order process works.

How can you be certain of what's on those trucks, but in the same breath say the dealers likely don't know what's on the way to them? Nobody knows a damn thing for certain, and what we do know is 99% speculation.

As a person that has custom ordered 4 other Vehicles (2 of them from FCA). This is very much like any other custom order. The only added step was a website starting point. This was only done so FCA could ensure the customers got the first shot at them. The dealers will get the left overs. As far as over paid. I ddidn't.A loaded Rubicon cost the same as LE. Which was what I was going to buy any way. I still am paying 1% under invoice too. If you look at the website on the 4th it said this was a pre order opportunity and you had until yesterday to finish the order. Sure they could have pre made some but that is not the way things work. I disagree with 99% speculation comment. The beginning was a bit different but after the order was in, this is the same process as other custom orders. No company pre makes custom orders stop thinking or hoping otherwise. If you have a LE ordered you are in the front of the custom order line. Not the production line. Nothing more than that. The faster you understand that the less stress you will have.

propkillr

First Name
Howell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jk
Question for all the LE buyers, has Jeep sent you a VIN and build date? When I ordered my JK, I got one in about 2 or 3 weeks. I could then follow it’s build.

Sponsored

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Question for all the LE buyers, has Jeep sent you a VIN and build date? When I ordered my JK, I got one in about 2 or 3 weeks. I could then follow it’s build.
Nope and I don't expect one for a couple weeks. I will be happy if it happens faster. I am looking forward to seeing them on dealer lots. Hopefully be able to test drive one soon.

Chukronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
You guys didn’t over pay for sh$t. With all those options you guys came in under. A great buy!

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
One the one hand, you guys have a lot more info than I had when I "custom" ordered a Ford Explorer (I know, my fault) 25 years ago. I got a call when it arrived 6 months later only to be told "sorry, somebody sold it. We'll get you another one."

On the other hand, you would think that in an age of GPS, facial recognition, RFID and the fact that Dominos can tell me exactly where in production and delivery my frickin $10 pizza is, Jeep/FCA could tell you more convincingly where your $60k vehicle is on any given day.

But, I get it. Complicated business. Good luck hope you get it soon. I'll likely have to wait a few years for a "pre-owned" one.
You pay $10 FOR DOMINO'S???
WHATINTHEHELLISWRONGWITHYOU?
c'mon man, THAT'S just damn messed up...
HEY! I wonder if we can HOT-SPOT our LEs?
:LOL:

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
What’s custom about the LE? They were all the same build with the exception of color and transmission. Should have been pretty easy to start on them ahead of 4/4.
No, because of the color issue., how do you know how many of what color will be ordered?

Big Red Gladiator

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra (gone... Just totaled it 4/22/19) Now a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited, RX350 (Wife's) and soon a Gladiator LE
No, because of the color issue., how do you know how many of what color will be ordered?
There was not a transmission option on the LE. The only option was color. I’m expecting my LE late summer. I was told by the dealership they will be put in line with other production Gladiator Builds.
Sponsored