Sponsored

Gladiators heading to dealers spotted on transport carrier?

Arop

First Name
Arop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition - White
The only ones officially ordered so far are the LE, right? Don’t all of those have painted flares?
yes! and if they were LE they would have a plate on the tailgate.
Sponsored

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara X Edition
Occupation
Accountant
There is a difference between pre specs and demo units. What they are referring to is demo units. If you have been here since before Monday and been following along you would have heard that chatter indicates that they will start showing up on lots for sale this month. Dealers have no choice over what fca ships them on a new launch. Their goal is to pump out trucks and get them to the dealer lots. Like I said before some dealers have agreements based on history and sales that they can have them exclusive in their area for a month. People don’t want to hear that they are going to be on lots before LE units are but unfortunately they have been building pre spec units for almost a month now and haven’t started on the LEs yet. Maybe the black wheels are back ordered, maybe the 1 or 4190 piece of plastic is still in China? Maybe this was FCAs plan all along.
Correct. I agree with u. My point is why would a billion dollar company not have planned for this. I am still holding out that dealerships will get theirs with the LEs. . Didn’t mean to make a big stink just irritated with the whole situation. Has been a real cluster

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Correct. I agree with u. My point is why would a billion dollar company not have planned for this. I am still holding out that dealerships will get theirs with the LEs. . Didn’t mean to make a big stink just irritated with the whole situation. Has been a real cluster
Planned for what? LE wasn't even known to the public until after the production started. The LE's are custom orders. It takes time to process them. They are not built before being ordered. Are you expecting a billion dollar company to stop the production line until a vehicle you just ordered a few days ago is built. Ordering a LE got your order in before other custom orders not before they hit dealer lots. Normal lead time for a custom order is about 6 or so weeks. Everyone needs to take a breath and understand ordered an LE doesn't get you the first ones. If you really can't wait, go to a dealer. Build a relationship with them. Get on a waiting list. Custom orders take time but you get everything you want instead of what happens to be on the lot.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Planned for what? LE wasn't even known to the public until after the production started. The LE's are custom orders. It takes time to process them. They are not built before being ordered. Are you expecting a billion dollar company to stop the production line until a vehicle you just ordered a few days ago is built. Ordering a LE got your order in before other custom orders not before they hit dealer lots. Normal lead time for a custom order is about 6 or so weeks. Everyone needs to take a breath and understand ordered an LE doesn't get you the first ones. If you really can't wait, go to a dealer. Build a relationship with them. Get on a waiting list. Custom orders take time but you get everything you want instead of what happens to be on the lot.
What’s custom about the LE? They were all the same build with the exception of color and transmission. Should have been pretty easy to start on them ahead of 4/4.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
What’s custom about the LE? They were all the same build with the exception of color and transmission. Should have been pretty easy to start on them ahead of 4/4.
It doesn't matter if they are the same but different colors. It still is a custom order. It follows the same process. Poeple need to chill out and be patient. FCA is still working to ensure dealers didn't game the system to get a LE to mark up on their lots.

Sponsored

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
I have been told by every dealer I talked to that pre spec Gladiators cannot be purchased as of yet. If you get this Gladiator within the next week, you my good man are the pestering champion of the world.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
Also my ship date has slid right, this is news to me. Was told the 12th and shown the expected shipping sheet for the dealer. Honestly I am not surprised since it is a brand new vehicle and trying to coordinate sending vehicles nationwide is no easy task.
Congratulations Ryan, looks like a nice unit. You are buying from my local dealer, I get all my warranty and service work on my JL there.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Not calling him a liar, in fact, I hope he does get it, but didnt anyone notice it says the order date was Jan 23, or am I just reading it wrong?

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not calling him a liar, in fact, I hope he does get it, but didnt anyone notice it says the order date was Jan 23, or am I just reading it wrong?
Guys I get that you may be envious of Ryan able to get one of the JT's so soon but that order sheet is legit and it's my local dealer that I go by all the time.

Sponsored

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am also skeptical. A fighter jet pilot walks into a Jeep dealer with his lawyer wife and just happens to get one of the 1st Gladiators to be shipped. Sounds like a guy living in his basement to me.

Oh and he is trying to extract $5 from me :CWL:
Virginia Beach is home to NAS Oceana the only Master Jet Base on the East Coast, we got Hornet Drivers running around everywhere here!

Last edited:

Graiden

First Name
jtle44
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara X Edition
Occupation
Accountant
Just heard from my dealer in Knoxville TN ... FCA called them and told them that all of their orders are pushed back a month ... they are not sure why. I asked what that meant for the LE and he was not sure.

Thoughts?

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
Evidently you don't know much about New Orleans do you? We are home to vampires, voodoo, gumbo, crawfish pie and one of the most popular streets in the world named after alcohol, we got idiot drivers running around everywhere here.