Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
If I didn't want the fenders why would I buy them? Or is this some flex from someone who wants to brag about how they spent too much on a special edition that's going to hold its value about as well as a key lime pie?
Which is how much? “Is it just me or are halogen bulbs so much more functional than LED’s?”
Sponsored

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Am I the only one who thinks the standard fenders look a ton better than the high fenders the Rubi/Mojave get? They just look more Jeep to me.
I agree. I understand wanting more clearance but the high fenders don’t flow with the lines of the Jeep as well as the standard ones do.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
That looks a good 2” taller. That’s tough.

BTW, was the Mojave a manual???
The raised fenders lend to that taller, more aggressive-looking stance. If you look at the roofline, they kinda look like the same truck.

This picture is great to me because it shows it's really not that much different.

I almost pivoted to Mojave when ordering my Max Tow and this helps me remain confident that my saved $5k can be used for other stuff. (c:

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
“So said the guy who doesn’t have the aforementioned fenders”.

“Is it just me or does the stock radio sound so much better than the Alpine upgrade?”
It's ok for people to have different opinions man.

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
I hate the Mojave hood. Love everything about the Mojave edition except the hood. I know, I know - everyone else LOVES the Mojave hood. And it does look cool. But I have some sort of weird, "principled" hangup about fakeness in design. I hate fake hood scoops on cars, fake engine noises pumped through car radios, fake exhaust pipes, etc. I even hate fake shutters on windows on houses. So, when I finally get around to ordering my JT, if I buy the Mojave I'll be looking to trade hoods with someone who has a sport or overland.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be looking for a Gobi one . ;) ... :like: if for nothing else just to surprise the crap out of a buddy with his Rubicon. :CWL:

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Do the hood scoop mode making it functional, looks easy but not sure what benefit, but I will do it to mine if it ever comes in, Rubicon hood scoops don’t look functional from under the hood either. I love the hood scoop though.

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Hood scoop on Mojave will be functional in mid 2021 when the V-8 comes out in the Hercules edition, frame , engine mounts , and steering has all been upgraded for the Raptor killer. The battle is with the Raptor now, Rubicon is a low geared rock crawler, can utilize the V-6, But the Mohave is held back behind the Raptor by horsepower only.
Wow if only this rumour was true!

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
JAson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JLU Rubicon
I ordered a Mojave hood scoop to see how it works. The “plug” is held on by a couple of hot welds, it came right off.
Jeep Gladiator Gobi Mojave next to Gobi Sport side by side comparison look 26C132E0-1C9C-49C7-912A-D0043AD3A6AA

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I hate the Mojave hood. Love everything about the Mojave edition except the hood. I know, I know - everyone else LOVES the Mojave hood. And it does look cool. But I have some sort of weird, "principled" hangup about fakeness in design. I hate fake hood scoops on cars, fake engine noises pumped through car radios, fake exhaust pipes, etc. I even hate fake shutters on windows on houses. So, when I finally get around to ordering my JT, if I buy the Mojave I'll be looking to trade hoods with someone who has a sport or overland.
AMEN on the fake scoops/styling crap. I do not care for fake boobs, blondes and make-up, either.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
The hood vents should be rear facing so as to extract the hot air flowing into the engine bay through the radiator at speed. The Rube has them correctly placed while still being non functional. Same with the side vents. A low pressure area to extract heat using laws of physics. Just my 2c.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Do you know it's fake? The vents on the Rubi are functional, pretty sure the scoop on the Mojave is functional.

JLMOPARMAN

First Name
JAson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JLU Rubicon
Do you know it's fake? The vents on the Rubi are functional, pretty sure the scoop on the Mojave is functional.
I just posted a pic of it above. Definitely plugged from the factory.

OP
OP
Jaxmax

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Jlmoparman, are you saying the hood scoop plug is the thing on the right in your picture, and the actual hood scoop is in your left hand? It just pops off by removing the plastic welded tabs?
Sponsored