Gobi

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
So was looking around some of the local dealerships in Houston and low and behold one of them has a Gobi listed that is in route to the dealership. Its not exactly what I was looking for as I really wanted soft top and seems in order to get that I would have to order or buy one and figure out what to do with the hard top since storage in garage is not possible. but this one is close to what I was looking for since I really didn't want a lot of stuff.

My only thing would be that I really would like to have the USB plugs in the rear middle console for when my daughter and others are in the truck. Not sure if that would come with this version.

Would not pay the MSRP price on it though and the dealership website is only showing them giving $1000 off the MSRP.

But still something to think about if the price was right
Sponsored

Attachments

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
Aim for 6-8% below invoice.

I bought a Gobi Overland in April, and it came with the dual top. This is my fourth Jeep and the first one with a hard top. I like it a lot better than I thought I would.

Playalistic

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Iā€™ve got pretty much this same truck in Georgia at $36,000 + taxes and fees. Was hoping to get a better deal but I donā€™t think theyā€™re out there for Sports.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
This is the truck I want. I could add the cold weather package maybe. there was one locally and 36k was my target but they would not talk. This is going back several months just after Covid started. Iā€™m still truckless...

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
This is the truck I want. I could add the cold weather package maybe. there was one locally and 36k was my target but they would not talk. This is going back several months just after Covid started. Iā€™m still truckless...
How close to Virginia are you? Koons in Tysonā€™s Corner is doing no-haggle 8% below invoice (8.5% with Tread Lightly membership). When I bought my Overland, they tacked on the extra rebates, and I ended up a little more than $11,000 under MSRP. They have a thread on the group buy in the vendor section.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Was looking earlier this evening and looks like many of the dealerships are getting in new stock and surprisingly a number of them are Gobi and Gator. Have seen a few even being advertised at around $35K but they don't have much in them other than the standard stuff like 5" screen manual windows, etc. Its nice to see something more than just Black and White on the lots now. Lets see if they do anything with the pricing if they don't sell.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
How close to Virginia are you? Koons in Tysonā€™s Corner is doing no-haggle 8% below invoice (8.5% with Tread Lightly membership). When I bought my Overland, they tacked on the extra rebates, and I ended up a little more than $11,000 under MSRP. They have a thread on the group buy in the vendor section.
Virginia is an easy drive in a one way rental.... I ordered mine from Tri-city in NC - stayed overnight in Roanoke and picked it up the next morning. Enjoyed a long weekend vacation driving it home. Donā€™t limit yourself to local if you can get the deal you deserve out of state.

Mr. Wuf

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Principal
I almost ordered from Travis at Tri-City. It came down to Koons having the one in stock I really wanted and only being about an hour further, but based on my conversation with Travis, I wouldnā€™t have hesitated at all to order from Tri-City.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Virginia is an easy drive in a one way rental.... I ordered mine from Tri-city in NC - stayed overnight in Roanoke and picked it up the next morning. Enjoyed a long weekend vacation driving it home. Donā€™t limit yourself to local if you can get the deal you deserve out of state.
Thanks guys. Iā€™ve been reluctant to do a road trip with the open ended unknowns of my trade value and Iā€™m still a little weirded out with Covid due to severe asthma.

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 & 2022 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
I resisted the urge to do my weekly check-in with jeep chat today. I can't take the disappointment of being told it is still in scheduling. Ordered 3/8.

Sponsored

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
My Gobi Willys finally arrived to Gupton in TN. Ordered 3/8 and for some reason it took over a month to ship once built. I ordered through Gupton, one of the below invoice dealers on this forum.

My numbers were...
Sticker $54,500
Paid 48,200 with destination, doc fee, etc. Would have gotten another 1% off but didn't finance through them.

Gupton was very easy to deal with. Will use them again.

20220721_075726.jpg

JoeInOh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter/paramedic
I have heard it has closed. Though the jeep.com site still let's you option it, but I was told that the listed colors on the site are misleading, that those are the colors dealers have enroute or on the lots.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Gobi is the best color.....go for it. But again I am a bit based.... Plus the hard top is great.... Though I think camping is almost over...time to go back to naked.
Color is harder to change....if you really want Gobi, get it and make it into your dream rig.

IMG_1116.jpg

67874916292__8D227F56-5DE8-4117-8E97-5A08F7FAE69A.jpg
Sponsored