Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
How did it go?
Arbitration was straight forward. I argued my side and FCA rep his side. I believe it went in my favor as I had all of the evidence that backed up my claim. I am awaiting the final decision (They have 10 days) on what if anything they will offer and depending on what the results are, I will post an update with everything on here. I will say this, FCA pretty much was reading from a script and sounded confident up until I started asking him questions at which time that confidence wasnā€™t there. I would definitely recommend having all of your paperwork in order and making sure you meet the legal requirements of a lemon (which I do).
I will keep this thread updated
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Thank you for the update and I sincerely hope you prevail.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
Arbitration was straight forward. I argued my side and FCA rep his side. I believe it went in my favor as I had all of the evidence that backed up my claim. I am awaiting the final decision (They have 10 days) on what if anything they will offer and depending on what the results are, I will post an update with everything on here. I will say this, FCA pretty much was reading from a script and sounded confident up until I started asking him questions at which time that confidence wasnā€™t there. I would definitely recommend having all of your paperwork in order and making sure you meet the legal requirements of a lemon (which I do).
Thanks for updating us and good luck. I hope I never have to go through that but its useful to hear about, just in case.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Glad to hear it Doug. It's unfortunate the experience has soured you on the Gladiator in general, but if my process had been as difficult as yours I would likely feel the same. Good luck with the decision.

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I almost signed over the weekend to buy a gladiator. Was thinking of buying by the end of the month. This is making me want to stay away. So many people tell me jeeps are unreliable. Really making me want to back out. Are these issues mainly for manual transmission???
I have owned many Jeeps and still love them. I think the unreliable thing is greatly exaggerated, partially due to all the customization we do. Some done well, some not so well. They are not perfect but I had two Audi A8s, one that was great and one that made my Jeeps look flawless. All auto manufacturers have issues at times.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
Thanks for updating us and good luck. I hope I never have to go through that but its useful to hear about, just in case.
Itā€™s not idealistic and not what I envisioned. Iā€™ve been saving for the many upgrades for my build but it never happened bc itā€™s been one headache after another. Very glad I didnā€™t do anything to the truck bc that is the first question the manufacturer asked. Once I get a definitive answer, I will post FCAs response and my response to FCA. Itā€™s definitely good information to have

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
What a bunch of hooey. Sorry dude, but go get them!

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Going to Arbitration for buy back 6640C2FC-8AB9-428E-9614-E5221C833E7C

Looks like I will be hiring a lawyer. Will refrain from posting absolutely everything on here for now but just know FCA will not do whatā€™s right if you have problems with your vehicle.
He didnā€™t say that you failed to establish that the vehicle met the conditions of a lemon under the lemon law. Were the criteria that he listed elements of the NC lemon law that you were required to demonstrate in addition to the number of days in the shop? It seems like he made up his own rules to the game.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
He didnā€™t say that you failed to establish that the vehicle met the conditions of a lemon under the lemon law. Weā€™re the criteria that he listed elements of the NC lemon law that you were required to demonstrate in addition to the number of days in the shop? It seems like he made up his own rules to the game.
he did and I honestly wasnā€™t surprised. These corporations have the arbitration process in their arsenal to work In Their favor. Thatā€™s why they want you to use NCDS first. I have way more information and documentation that I am sending the attorney tomorrow and weā€™re just going to go litigation route. The truck was picked up from the shop and itā€™s right back in the shop withthe same noise the service manager could hear and a leaky differential.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
I will post this and once I am able to edit all of my personal information out of the other documents I will slowly upload those as well. Customers need to know that FCA doesn't care and will absoletly not do the right thing by the customer. I have tried on several different occasions to try to have this resolved in a manner that would be fair. This truck (while I very much have enjoyed the little time I have had it) is 100% a lemon by definition. This document is what was submitted in rebuttal to FCAs stance on why they didn't believe this truck was a lemon. Again, once I get the personal information out of the document, I will post it.

Attachments

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Jeep Gladiator Going to Arbitration for buy back 6640C2FC-8AB9-428E-9614-E5221C833E7C

Looks like I will be hiring a lawyer. Will refrain from posting absolutely everything on here for now but just know FCA will not do whatā€™s right if you have problems with your vehicle.
Thatā€™s horrible. The law in NC states if any one of the three (20 days, 4x same issue services, safety and value depreciation) is in play it is a lemon. I canā€™t believe how they think they can just rewrite the law.

You are right, the car manufacturers have their hands in the arbitrators pockets.

Iā€™ve been through the process holler if you need anything.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Wow, sorry to hear you lost the first round.

OP
OP

Rezurekt1981

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep J10
Thatā€™s horrible. The law in NC states if any one of the three (20 days, 4x same issue services, safety and value depreciation) is in play it is a lemon. I canā€™t believe how they think they can just rewrite the law.

You are right, the car manufacturers have their hands in the arbitrators pockets.

Iā€™ve been through the process holler if you need anything.
yeah if you can PM your number I will pick your brain!

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
OP - sorry to hear. Unfortunately Iā€™ve never heard of an auto or motorcycle manufacturer stand by their customer. Iā€™m assuming the replacement wouldnā€™t be another Jeep. Although I was surprised to see other posters replace theirs. Suppose their isnā€™t any competition if youā€™re looking for a naked, mid size truck. This is precisely why I like competition and am not brand loyal. I canā€™t imagine how frustrating this is with the frequent dealer visits and maintaining/documenting everything. I would just trade it in and take the hit. Corporate lawyers will drag this out to the bitter end. I commend you for fighting this and hope you stick it to ā€˜em!
Sponsored