Sponsored

Good steps / nice concept, pricing way off?

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
For the $1k kind of money, I like the Rock Hard rails. They are strong and mount with thick brackets to the pinch rail, tub, and body mount bolts. Thus they flex with the body to soften the impact while protecting the body, and have a low leverage arm.
Sponsored

Bruno369

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Grand Cherokee L Summit,
Occupation
Retired
I've been looking at a step to go with my rubi rails because well, I'm a fan of the rubi rails. I was looking for something easily removed and these hit the mark other than the price point. I mean are they crazy or something charging a price like this for these or am I crazy. Almost a $1000 to get 4?

https://archetyperacing.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-x-gladiator-stirrup
These were under $200 for all 4 that put on my rock rails. I had to drill and tap the rock rails which was a pain but they work well, and I can pull them off when I want.

IMG_0841.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
These were under $200 for all 4 that put on my rock rails. I had to drill and tap the rock rails which was a pain but they work well, and I can pull them off when I want.

Jeep Gladiator Good steps / nice concept, pricing way off? IMG_0842

Jeep Gladiator Good steps / nice concept, pricing way off? IMG_0842
What steps are those and do you have front shot of them on the jeep.

MicahJT

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S JT

IMG_0841.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg
Looks great! Did you remove the rails when your drilled and tapped them?

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Folks, if you are gagging at the $968.41 price for 4 steps, look at the price of their Jeep Gladiator Magnum Stirrup.

https://archetyperacing.com/products/jeep-gladiator-magnum-stirrupĀ®

Nice butā€¦
Thereā€™s a big but. Or 2 of them.

1. The step is too high (elevation wise)ā€¦. not to mention the price. Iā€™ve already voiced my opinion in another manufacturers thread but until people just flat refuse to buy the products, theyā€™re going to keep charging the crazy prices..

2. It will force you to step out further. A buddy of mine did work on his sport JL and going stock with factory steps to 35ā€™s with Rubi rails was easier to enter and exit since it was more up and inā€¦instead of up & over or out and down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Folks, if you are gagging at the $968.41 price for 4 steps, look at the price of their Jeep Gladiator Magnum Stirrup.

https://archetyperacing.com/products/jeep-gladiator-magnum-stirrupĀ®

Nice butā€¦
Their ugly and over priced. No way would I put those on my Jeep and I'm definitely not putting a entire step down the side. I was looking at the 4 steps for convenience of removal and it being compatible with the rubi rails. I can have someone make me 4 steps for mine for cheaper than $1700

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
American manufacturing is in a lose lose situation. High cost of business, high regulation, a culture drunk on cheap labor from foreign entities that are potentially hostile. A culture where manual labor is frowned upon and talent pool is limited because so many of you raised lazy spoiled children.

I suspect many of these comments are from office types with no fucking clue what it takes to hire quality people in America, a country in decline, to manufacture quality steps for you and your wife to get lunch at panera bread on the weekend.

All that said I wouldn't buy these steps either. They may be quality but I like my rock-hard steps even though Iam having rust issues.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
American manufacturing is in a lose lose situation. High cost of business, high regulation, a culture drunk on cheap labor from foreign entities that are potentially hostile. A culture where manual labor is frowned upon and talent pool is limited because so many of you raised lazy spoiled children.

I suspect many of these comments are from office types with no fucking clue what it takes to hire quality people in America, a country in decline, to manufacture quality steps for you and your wife to get lunch at panera bread on the weekend.

All that said I wouldn't buy these steps either. They may be quality but I like my rock-hard steps even though Iam having rust issues.
I work a full time job and run a full time business so I know what hard work is. I know exactly what it takes to make quality products and I also know when I'm getting ripped off. Don't turn this thread into something that's it's not. Be happy with your rock hard sliders and move on.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
I work a full time job and run a full time business so I know what hard work is. I know exactly what it takes to make quality products and I also know when I'm getting ripped off. Don't turn this thread into something that's it's not. Be happy with your rock hard sliders and move on.
Lol. Ok

Sponsored

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Not sure what's funny but Yeah, OK!!
My logic is undeniable. Youre obviously new to manufacturing and have no idea what has happened to American manufacturing in the last 40 years or so.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My logic is undeniable. Youre obviously new to manufacturing and have no idea what has happened to American manufacturing in the last 40 years or so.
I'm 100% not new to it, I work for the largest manufacturer of Engineered wood in the world, Weyerhaeuser, been working for them for close to 20yrs. We grow the wood, and then turn it into what goes into your house. They pay very well also and I can promise you I worked my way from cutting the stuff to now being a yard manager and I know the numbers and what it cost to make the stuff compared to what they sell it for. We sell less now and make 3 times what we were making on the stuff 3yrs ago because the top two companies , Weyerhaeuser and Boise got together and decided on a phone call to keep the prices jacked up so they can turn a substantial profit off the consumer. It's good for business bad for consumers but hey I don't know nothing right. I'm on the calls monthly. Most people are proud of their work, and I don't blame them but a lot charge way to much and are still using the pandemic as a crutch to jack their prices up. You could get materials cheaper if American companies would stop being so greedy, that's the problem and that's why consumers decide to buy from over seas. Those are facts brother.

Last edited:

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
I'm 100% not new to it, I work the largest manufacturer of Engineered wood in the world, Weyerhaeuser, been working for them for close to 20yrs. We grow the wood, and then turn it into what goes into your house. They pay very well also and I can promise you I worked my way from cutting the stuff to now being a yard manager and I know the numbers and what it cost to make the stuff compared to what they sell it for. We sell less now and make 3 times what we were making on the stuff 3yrs ago because the top two companies , Weyerhaeuser and Boise got together and decided on a phone call to keep the prices jacked up so they can turn a substantial profit off the consumer. It's good for business bad for consumers but hey I don't know nothing right. I'm on the calls monthly. Most people are proud of their work, and I don't blame them but a lot charge way to much and are still using the pandemic as a crutch to jack their prices up. You could get materials cheaper if American companies would stop being so greedy, that's the problem and that's why consumers decide to buy from over seas. Those are facts brother.
This is why I dont vote anymore because I want you and your family, your friends, to get everything you voted for and support šŸ˜˜

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I dont vote anymore because I want you and your family, your friends, to get everything you voted for and support šŸ˜˜
Ok, what? Never mind man. Your just crazy or something? Y'all have a good night
Sponsored