First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I was at the dealer today with an inquiry about Gorilla glass windshields.
The sales mgr showed me an order he placed for a Jeep yesterday that included Gorilla glass as an option.
Cost was $131.00 CA.
Waiting to find out the current replacement cost; not long ago they were $1200.00 US.
Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I was at the dealer today with an inquiry about Gorilla glass windshields.
The sales mgr showed me an order he placed for a Jeep yesterday that included Gorilla glass as an option.
Cost was $131.00 CA.
Waiting to find out the current replacement cost; not long ago they were $1200.00 US.
Must be a regional thing.
$95 option when ordering.
$795 replacement...
If you'll notice, his is Canadian Dollars.

Kevin

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Will be interesting to see how these hold up. Gorilla glass has been garbage on iPhone screens for years. And a guy on the JL side posted a side view of the construction of a Gorilla windshield vs a standard windshield and there was only one minor difference in the form of a change in position of the laminate layer.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Will be interesting to see how these hold up. Gorilla glass has been garbage on iPhone screens for years. And a guy on the JL side posted a side view of the construction of a Gorilla windshield vs a standard windshield and there was only one minor difference in the form of a change in position of the laminate layer.
All I know is that my HPG gorilla windshield hasn't cracked and I've taken some hits on the highway while 3 stock windshields cracked within one solid hit. Going on 15k miles so far and I am doing well with the HPG.

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
They've upped the price to $195. They nickel and dimed a lot of their uptions up $50-100 from the time I placed my order a month ago to getting my window sticker yesterday.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
They've upped the price to $195. They nickel and dimed a lot of their uptions up $50-100 from the time I placed my order a month ago to getting my window sticker yesterday.
Same issue here. My truck is built and in transit now, GG was $100 more than even when the dealer put my order together. There were a couple other things too, but none was even in the ballpark of double the cost. To be honest, I really thought $95 was unrealistically cheap.

GwJeep

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Do you all think it’s a worthwhile option if insurance replaces glass with no deductible? Think they cover 2x a year in Georgia.

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Damn it’s $195 now? I’m glad I got in when I did lol.

floridavet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Do you all think it’s a worthwhile option if insurance replaces glass with no deductible? Think they cover 2x a year in Georgia.
I was in the same boat ordering since windshields are “free” in Florida. Ended up opting against adding it.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
Its not the Gorrilla glass's fault, its the iPhone. Any of the phones with the full wrap around glass are designed to shatter not absorb. The most durable phones have the plastic casing, but they look cheaper.

Apple wants it pretty, not functional.

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I think it's worth not having to deal with a cracked windshield and then also not having to go through getting the windshield replaced. My time involved in getting a windshield replaced is worth more than the upcharge for gorilla glass.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Its not the Gorrilla glass's fault, its the iPhone. Any of the phones with the full wrap around glass are designed to shatter not absorb. The most durable phones have the plastic casing, but they look cheaper.

Apple wants it pretty, not functional.
Tell me you use Android without telling me you use Android. Wrap around glass on an iPhone? Never seen it.
Sponsored