Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
@Jimmy07 addid these notes to the DIY posting - not clear if this was applicable on.y to the GC or all builds:
Connect to the BCM and scan for faults, make a note of any faults, and clear them.
Connect to the Lane Control Module and scan for faults, make a note of any, and clear them.

Make a run with the auto high beams activated, and in the correct requirements for them to come on (over 15mph, dark/no lights shining back on the forward cam, etc).
If they don’t work, re-scan those two modules for faults again.
Just a suggestion as I've noticed a few here live in states that require periodic emissions "testing".
Do not clear any faults or codes if you are due for testing in the very near future!
Clearing faults also sets the PCM back to "not ready" for emissions and it starts the clock over again - you'll likely fail.
Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Just a suggestion as I've noticed a few here live in states that require periodic emissions "testing".
Do not clear any faults or codes if you are due for testing in the very near future!
Clearing faults also sets the PCM back to "not ready" for emissions and it starts the clock over again - you'll likely fail.
That’s only if you clear faults in the pcm. You can scan other modules individually, and clear faults out of those with no effect on the pcm.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That’s only if you clear faults in the pcm. You can scan other modules individually, and clear faults out of those with no effect on the pcm.
True - as long as those doing the scanning and clearing know not to hit a "clear all fault" button.
One of the apps I have does a deep scan for any faults anywhere - and gives the ability to "clear all faults".
You can connect to and scan for faults in any individual module - just avoid the PCM if you need to have the truck checked. Look at other modules like BCM for faults for the high beam stuff.
I know my wife likes the "do it all now with one button" choice and I have to almost hold her back when showing her how to do something on a computer - NO! Don't click that! (then she gets mad)
Sponsored