william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep Gladiator rubicons launch edition
Occupation
Sales professional
Vehicle Showcase
I try to get auto high beam, but no matter what I do, it didn’t work, fully loaded launch edition, please help
Sponsored

OP
OP
willjtl

willjtl

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales professional
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have adaptive cruise control with the camera behind the mirror? Thats what controls the auto-highbeams i believe
Yeah, I do

OP
OP
willjtl

willjtl

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales professional
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I saw that, but since tazer have that option so I want to give it a try, but seem like it only showing in headunit/radio , but nothing else work
Reading that thread, it appears the function is not necessarily intuitive or immediately noticeable. I regard @ShadowsPapa as one of the most knowledgeable and thorough posters in this group, and the fact that it seems HE had some issues would cause me to very carefully follow everything he wrote in that thread to troubleshoot it.
I don't have the hardware required to test it myself, but *IF* you properly followed the tazer's instructions (properly done reboots and sleep cycles, etc), I am pretty confident the tazer isn't the issue, and should make the proper changes to enable it just like Jscan would.

OP
OP
willjtl

willjtl

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales professional
Vehicle Showcase
Reading that thread, it appears the function is not necessarily intuitive or immediately noticeable. I regard @ShadowsPapa as one of the most knowledgeable and thorough posters in this group, and the fact that it seems HE had some issues would cause me to very carefully follow everything he wrote in that thread to troubleshoot it.
I don't have the hardware required to test it myself, but *IF* you properly followed the tazer's instructions (properly done reboots and sleep cycles, etc), I am pretty confident the tazer isn't the issue, and should make the proper changes to enable it just like Jscan would.
Tried everything, that auto high beam not showing in my instrument cluster, and will not work, cause I got flashed by coming traffic

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You
I try to get auto high beam, but no matter what I do, it didn’t work, fully loaded launch edition, please help
must have the headlight switch in auto. It will not function in "on" position.

OP
OP
willjtl

willjtl

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales professional
Vehicle Showcase
You

must have the headlight switch in auto. It will not function in "on" position.
I tried that, I’m getting JScan just so I can check my settings in the ecu,

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
His witty retorts and AMC collection deserve honorable mention too!! @ShadowsPapa

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
I saw that, but since tazer have that option so I want to give it a try, but seem like it only showing in headunit/radio , but nothing else work
It might be helpful if you posted the steps you took with the Tazer and compared the changes you made with those changes referenced in @ShadowsPapa ’s post made using alphaOBD…

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Don't forget that any streetlight within a 100 mile radius will turn them off, egregiously over sensitive in my opinion. :CWL:

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Overland with the build started in March of 2019. I have the ACC/FCW. I used AlfaOBD, but have been unable to get the Auto High Beams working. The choice shows up in the Head Unit, but it won't allow the selection to stay turned on. It either won't work on the early builds, or they need additional programming changes to activate it. The option was made available in November 2019. Shadows truck that he was able to activate it on was built in October 2019.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Overland with the build started in March of 2019. I have the ACC/FCW. I used AlfaOBD, but have been unable to get the Auto High Beams working. The choice shows up in the Head Unit, but it won't allow the selection to stay turned on. It either won't work on the early builds, or they need additional programming changes to activate it. The option was made available in November 2019. Shadows truck that he was able to activate it on was built in October 2019.
The "equipment" was there as far as the lines in the code, but it wasn't an actual option until December 2019.

December 2019, it became an option - it was part of one of the safety groups.
November 2019, it wasn't even an option you could buy and was not part of any group at all, however all of the equipment was on the truck if you had ACC/FCW.
I can't speak to prior to November 2019 whether or not the code was in the modules to allow it to be "programmed" using JSCAN, AlfaOBD or anything else for that matter.

I got it working fine on my 11/22 built JT - perfectly, in fact. Only a few really bright yard lights, etc. confused it.
However, when I had the dealer add the sales code for passive entry to my truck, I asked them to also add the code for auto high beam and they were not able to because it wasn't even an option for my VIN.
They can only add sales codes to a VIN if it was available from the factory for that VIN.
The passive entry sales code stuck fine - flashes, whatever, didn't impact it and when I traded my 2020 in for my 2022, the sales guy thanked me and said "I see you did it right, when we looked up your truck's VIN, it included passive entry" so they could actually list it in the equipment when they sold it as a certified used truck.

(I did include the sheet of mods for the auto high beam in case the next buyer was interested in that - left it in the owner's manual bag in the glove box)

My bottom line or executive summary:
* Auto high beam became an official option as part of one of the safety packages December 2019
* It could be "added" to November builds that had ACC/FCW equipment by making the software changes explained here and elsewhere. The sales code can't be added to the November or earlier builds because it wasn't even an option. You can only add sales codes for things that were a factory option at the time your truck was built.
* I can't say whether or not builds prior to November can be made to work. It likely could work in the summer and late summer 2019 builds but can't prove it one way or another. You can try.
* You MUST have ACC/FCW camera and radar equipment in order to make it work.
It's not just a camera, it's radar to determine if the other things are moving toward or away from you and at what speed. The camera recognizes colors of lights, size, etc; radar recognizes speed toward or away from.
* You shouldn't need to make changes if you have a December 2019 or later build because it was part of a package - likely the same package that had ACC and FCW. See if it's part of the CSM (menu in the radio)
* You can't add the hardware - don't even think about it if you don't have ACC/FCW because the windshield is different, and all of that stuff has to be installed and aligned and configured in. If you have the money, time and experience.......... go for it, and good luck!

I was rather surprised, but happy, to see that mine works fine even with the snow plow mounted and raised. The reflection of the lights on the back of the plow and all don't seem to bother it. (but then these plows don't raise up that high, either, especially when the truck does down 1.5" as the plow comes up)

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
@Jimmy07 addid these notes to the DIY posting - not clear if this was applicable on.y to the GC or all builds:
Connect to the BCM and scan for faults, make a note of any faults, and clear them.
Connect to the Lane Control Module and scan for faults, make a note of any, and clear them.

Make a run with the auto high beams activated, and in the correct requirements for them to come on (over 15mph, dark/no lights shining back on the forward cam, etc).
If they don’t work, re-scan those two modules for faults again.
Sponsored