Sponsored

Great Balls Of Fire.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Well that just sux! Uggh heartbreaking is right. I’ll be purchasing another extinguisher this weekend. It’s on my list of to do’s . It got bumped up to first thing. I have them in my other cars.
Yes, but not just any cheap Wally Mart fire extinguisher will do. You need a specific type or class of extinguisher for vehicles.

Extinguishers with a high chemical content will destroy electronics and sensors, and leave a residual coating that's a bitch to clean from surface materials typically found in autos. Glads aren't cheap rides so do the research.

I'm going with 2 B:C H3R Clean Agent extinguisher, maybe two of them.

'Course, if an internally-caused fire totals my Gladiator anyway, I'm getting a new one - paid for either by FCA or the insurance company.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
So I may just have to stop running my mouth on Teslas. :giggle:

So is it a LE or a Overland? Seams to be different post on this.

I wonder if it had any mods that caused this. More information is needed before I stop busting on the candlesticks that some call Tesla.:punch:

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
So is it a LE or a Overland?
I thought the same ... people here saying Overland, but Insta posts say LE!

Still brings tears to my eyes ... we dont even have the JT yet! :(

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
I thought the same ... people here saying Overland, but Insta posts say LE!
Still brings tears to my eyes ...
No question, that's horrible. Reminds me of a pic from the Sandbox I saw where a Hummvee had taken a hit from an RPG round.

we dont even have the JT yet! :(
Neither do I, but I'm getting my extinguishers now, along with the attachment devices.

Sponsored

Sal

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Wait what happened here?

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
The reference to “overland” was because the person who posted it has the word “overland” in their screen name. Definitely looks like an LE Rubicon.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Omg, I JUST BOUGHT a fire extinguisher for Gladys, now you tell me about this clean agent stuff, ugh.

jsyn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
One Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition down. Out of no where vehicle lost power and dash informed me to pull over and will shut off soon. Within a few minutes of pulling over smoke and flames started. I believe it’s a complete loss. Thanks to the local fire department and the @utahhighwaypatrol for their quick response. #jeep #jeepgladiator #jeepgladiatorportal #jeepjt
Wow. He clearly had some basic mods done, but he also isn't exactly a new Jeep owner. This is terrifying, here's hoping it was a one off fluke and that we don't start hearing more stories of melted Gladiators! Guess this should be cross-posted to the Warranty Issues forum. Thank god the car at least told him that it was about to shut off before it noticeably caught on fire, so he could be pulled off on the side of the road when it happened. But that also means that his JT was turned off (of its own accord) and sitting on the side of the road for a minute or two before there was any obvious fire. Not cool, FCA, not cool....

Sponsored

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Yes, but not just any cheap Wally Mart fire extinguisher will do. You need a specific type or class of extinguisher for vehicles.

Extinguishers with a high chemical content will destroy electronics and sensors, and leave a residual coating that's a bitch to clean from surface materials typically found in autos. Glads aren't cheap rides so do the research.

'Course, if an internally-caused fire totals my Gladiator anyway, I'm getting a new one - paid for either by FCA or the insurance company.
Oh I understand completely the fire fighting aspect. This system is in my Porsche 914-6.

Wally World extinguishers have their place.

7FD82A3E-6771-485A-871C-CCA084A0E62C.jpeg

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Wow. He clearly had some basic mods done, but he also isn't exactly a new Jeep owner. This is terrifying, here's hoping it was a one off fluke and that we don't start hearing more stories of melted Gladiators! Guess this should be cross-posted to the Warranty Issues forum. Thank god the car at least told him that it was about to shut off before it noticeably caught on fire, so he could be pulled off on the side of the road when it happened. But that also means that his JT was turned off (of its own accord) and sitting on the side of the road for a minute or two before there was any obvious fire. Not cool, FCA, not cool....
If you have no other info than what is posted here why post in the warranty forum? Why assume the truck was turned off? Why shame FCA as the one at fault before the facts are known?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Isn't there magnesium in the hood and tailgate? From my understanding that stuff lights up right nice.

Is there a extinguisher that can handle a magnesium fire?

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Everyone is talking about a fire extinguisher.
That's great when you are on the trail and want to save the woods catching fire.
Sure, I have one, but if my brand new Jeep catches fire on the highway and everyone is out safe?
"We don't need no water let the mother F'r burn: Burn, mother F'r, burn"

let insurance and possibly Jeep take care of that s$%&.
Sponsored