Harbor Freight Badlands ZXR 12000 Black Friday

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not sure how good it is but a Winch wasn't in my plans till I change bumpers which isn't in plans just yet but at $300 I may have to pick one up and put storage till ready. Since its not something I would use all the time am sure it would serve its purpose for me
Sponsored

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Depending on how badly you think you need the extra load capacity, I saw this Smittybilt on Amazon for the same price point. It’s got a way better warranty and thousands of positive reviews. FWIW, I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything, either.

Jeep Gladiator Harbor Freight Badlands ZXR 12000 Black Friday 9E2003B8-0CB6-406C-AB0A-04D402D7172C

Not sure how good it is but a Winch wasn't in my plans till I change bumpers which isn't in plans just yet but at $300 I may have to pick one up and put storage till ready. Since its not something I would use all the time am sure it would serve its purpose for me

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
I have that Smittybilt on my 06 TJ. Seems to be decent.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Let me preface this with saying I LOVE harbor freight and if you buy smart and research you can get a great deal. That being said never buy anything from HF and put it in storage without testing it. You have to test it before that return period ends. If it works well, you probably have a winner, but I’ve got new things DOA as well.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Depending on how badly you think you need the extra load capacity, I saw this Smittybilt on Amazon for the same price point. It’s got a way better warranty and thousands of positive reviews. FWIW, I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything, either.

Jeep Gladiator Harbor Freight Badlands ZXR 12000 Black Friday 9E2003B8-0CB6-406C-AB0A-04D402D7172C
I was just going to put one on down the line in case I ever got stuck or something along that line where I had to pull myself out. Don't really think I would need 12,000 lbs capacity. My only thing was not liking the weight of the harbor freight model when I read the specs. I want to put on the mopar steel bumper but haven't been lucky enough to find a take off anywhere around me. Can't afford one brand new. Not at this time. I may take a look into this one here.

Sponsored

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
Also, food for thought. My 2016 Ram Powerwagon had a Warn 12,000lb winch installed from the factory. I used it multiple times to drag that out when all 4 tires were spinning in the air. Never needed a snatch block and that truck showed 7,700 lbs on truck scales.

The Gladiator is a full ton less than that.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Check the amperage vs. pull. Several years ago I bought two, put one on my JKU. I chose the 12k because its amp draw was less than the 9k at any pull up to 9k. I might put the other on my JT if I find a front bumper I like.

PPiazza1

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, JK
Do you have any GPX or Waypoint or GPS coordinates of where we are going. I wanted to look at the trail on the map.

Also, do you have a hand help GMRS radio? If not I will bring a spare for you to use.
Sponsored