Sponsored

Has anyone disconnected the auto start stop on their Gladiator?

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I haven’t disengaged the ESS. AZ weather does it for me automatically quite often.

Now disabling my ParkSense was a snap. Apparently installing a new steel rear bumper does the trick. Sensors all reinstalled and they don’t sense any objects behind me. I have been running scenarios for days and no luck.

Hit disable button on dash. Problem solved And moving on.

These nanny devises drive me nuts.
Sponsored

Sekgunnut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Foreman at Union Pacific
9 of 10 times I can avoid shutdown by using light brake pressure, definitely takes a little practice.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
About a month ago my ESS stopped working? The light will stay on even if I turn the car off. I actually don't mind the ESS because as @Sekgunnut stated I got used to lightly pressing when I didn't want it. Occasionally it works and most of the time it doesn't. It would be better for me if the thing made up its mind. My guess for why its wonky is that I haven't updated the firmware on my tazer in awhile. It's just a pain to get that tazer out from under my steering wheel... we will see which wins... laziness or annoyance :CWL:

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Just hit the button and turn it off after you start the vehicle. Simplest solution.
No shit, eh?
You’d swear to god that it was the most difficult thing ever, the way some of these guys bitch about it.

Kevin

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I hate it. I push a button. Problem solved.

My main reason for dislike is how sometimes it shuts off just before I'm ready to go again. Or when I'm parking it shuts off just before I shift into park then comes on only to be shut off again lol. It makes me cringe every time.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I hate it. I push a button. Problem solved.

My main reason for dislike is how sometimes it shuts off just before I'm ready to go again. Or when I'm parking it shuts off just before I shift into park then comes on only to be shut off again lol. It makes me cringe every time.
OK. With this I agree. I’ve discovered that you need to be fast getting it into Park to avoid a shutdown.
I suppose modulating the brake, or slipping the shifter left would work, too.

Kevin

Lasdar

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Patriot
Occupation
Former Historic Archaeoligist, now Project Controls
I did the hood disable. So far my overall mpg is improving. Range with ess was 377 miles. Range without 407 miles. I certainly wouldn't put the ess back to working order to lower my fuel efficiency. Went from 13 city to 21. No brainer on keeping this. And I did actual math on those numbers not the dash computer's.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Don't understand why some folks dislike Auto Stop Start?

Why?
Like with any opinion different people like different things. I personally despise the auto stop start. Its annoying. It loves to turn itself off just as I'm getting ready to go again, it isn't seamless as I feel it turn off and back on every time giving a momentary WTF feeling. Every time I have passengers and it happens they comment "did the truck just die?". Add in the obvious mechanical wear, people say the parts are beefed up to compensate but that doesn't mean the additional wear isn't happening or isn't a factor. All of this annoyance so Jeep can appease the government overreach with a fake solution to trick the tests. Sure maybe YOU don't mind any of that, but I find it so odd people who don't mind it act as if they cant comprehend an opinion other than theirs existing. I'll get off my soapbox now. Just one asshole on the internets opinion.

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
Just hit the button and turn it off after you start the vehicle. Simplest solution.
3 things everyone needs to do to make JL or JT vehicle friendly to drive. #1, Install a dual battery system from Genesis and eliminate that little battery in the hole. #2, Get a TAZER MINI and eliminate the stupid ESS system by giving the selector switch a memory so you don't have to keep using it. #3, Get a short seat belt extender and leave it in place. This will let you open the door and look behind you when your backing up or for any other purpose. After a while you won't even notice it's there. Now you can drive your Jeep the way it was meant to be driven.

BBETTS1024

First Name
BRANDON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WRANGLER
Occupation
SALES MANAGER
TASER LIGHT WILL DEACTIVATE. GOT USED TO IT ON MY JL HOWEVER I ADDED AN AMPLIFIER TO THE JT AND EVERYTIME IT WOULD CUT OFF OR ON I WOULD LOOSE SOUND OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IT GOT ANNOYING VERY FAST. WITH THE TASER I WAS ALSO ABLE TO CHANGE MY TIRE SIZE, DISCONNECT SEATBELT CHIME (CAN BE DONE WITHOUT ANY MOD), ACTIVATE MY AUX SWITCHES AND A FEW OTHER MODS.
Sponsored