Sponsored

Hated my Jeep color in person. Which do I pick now?

Which color should I go with?

• Nacho

• Sarge

Results are only viewable after voting.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Gobi was, and still is, my favorite. However, by the time it became available Jeep had temporarily discontinued manual transmissions. The MT was much more important to me than the color. I found my second choice color, Sting Gray, in a MT and immediately drive from Atlanta to Winchester TN to pick it up. No regrets!
Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
You should get a quote on wrapping it if the color means this much to you. You could go with one of the grays from the factory so the interior where the paint is visible would be neutral. Then you wrap the exterior in any color you want. Just another option.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I think I have the same dilemma as the rest of you guys and gals. I want ALL the colors! I love my Gobi, but I wish I had blue. Or red. Or Gator. Or...you get the idea. They all look good!!
I guess you need more Gladiators!

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
a member on the JL side was kind enough to post this for me as I was interested in just how ā€œyellowā€ it was. Jeep on right is hella yella

F4415699-FE4E-479A-AFF0-EA3ADC243E86.jpeg

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Dang that's pretty yellow

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I spent a fair amount of time at the doctor's office as a toddler. 4 months premature @ <4 lbs. Rickets, Scarlet Fever, etc. The office visit always ended with a balloon for the kids. The only color I ever received was that cream sickle orange color. Even now, at 63, I can see that color and immediately smell the antiseptic and get very, very nauseous. For me, nacho starts the churning.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I had a yellow 73 CJ5. Very similar to Hella Yella. I liked it at first but eventually painted it Forrest Service Green. It was pretty cool. 304 V8, duals, 3 speed. Those monstrous (for the dayšŸ¤£) 31x10.5x15 Cepeck Sand Grabber tires. It was something. No heat, no air, no power steering, just a pure Jeep loaded with inadequate handling for its power and plenty of near death experiences.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
You should get a quote on wrapping it if the color means this much to you. You could go with one of the grays from the factory so the interior where the paint is visible would be neutral. Then you wrap the exterior in any color you want. Just another option.
This is becoming more popular. Buyers are going with medium/dark grey or black exterior (again, for blended in door jams, under hood, inside hatch, etc.) and just wrapping the exterior. I've seen local Socal quotes as low as $2K for a full exterior wrap.

If you could save a couple grand on an outgoing model, then use it for a preferred color wrap, this may be the way to go...

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Make sure you use a good shop and don't skimp on a wrap because i have seen some bad wrap jobs that looked like a 6th grader did it after wrapping Xmas gifts for 5 hours with the family.

Cheap wraps can also peel off your paint when you decide to change colors or if you have to remove it due to damage or whatever reason.

If you do, just do your due diligence.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I waited a long time for Sarge green. Now that I have one on order, I'm thinking Nacho is looking pretty good, lol. Hell, even the Hydro blue isn't bad. But I think I'll stick with Sarge green. I may regret the tan leather though.

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Not a big fan of that Hydro blue on any of the CDJR products. However, the lime green or Joker purple that Dodge still offers on the Charger/Challenger would look lovely on the JT.

OP
OP
TheSolarWizard

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Make sure you use a good shop and don't skimp on a wrap because i have seen some bad wrap jobs that looked like a 6th grader did it after wrapping Xmas gifts for 5 hours with the family.

Cheap wraps can also peel off your paint when you decide to change colors or if you have to remove it due to damage or whatever reason.

If you do, just do your due diligence.

Oh yeah Iā€™m familiar with wrapping I just had my model Y redone and I get all of my company trucks wrapped BUT since the diesel is pretty new for the first year or so until I trust it wonā€™t be bought back I donā€™t wanna spend $3-4k on anything I canā€™t pull back off and put on another vehicle or sell and if I love the color I get I donā€™t see much purpose in wrapping a $45k vehicle.

The reason I donā€™t have it wrapped like a company truck is it would change the way itā€™s insured

5AFF8170-E824-4754-BD6E-6201841CC436.jpeg

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My wife says she wants one of each Jeep ever built - including all the ā€œspecial editionā€ Jeeps. Guess I better work a little overtime... šŸ˜„
With a wife like that, better hang on to her.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired