Heated Steering Wheel Heat Intensity

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
I feel like my heated wheel fluctuates. Is there any chance it is tied in the cab heat?
Maybe I’m not crazy after all! It feels like every so often my wheel gets way too hot but 97% it’s just mildly comfortable

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
The heater vents can be positioned right at your hands so I didn't see the point.

Weather up here in Northern Minnesota last week:

Jeep Gladiator Heated Steering Wheel Heat Intensity Screenshot_20211231-225448~3
lol seriously!!!

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
heated steering or growing a pair...? hmm choices
I will go heated steering wheel,
Been -40C here for the last two weeks, I wonder if that’s why it never feels hot?
So bring your Californian balls here and tell me you wouldn’t use the heated wheel switch. :CWL:

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Warm but never hot. Cheaped out and only give us one setting because Jeep knows what everyone’s ideal comfort level is?
On one of my former motorcycles the heated handgrip setting when it was on high was so hot I could smell my leather gloves baking.:like:
Have you ever seen a heated steering wheel with heat settings? I’m very familiar with luxury brands and I’ve never seen that before.

Last edited:

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you ever seen a heated steering wheel with heat settings? I’m very familiar with luxury brands and I’ve never seen that before. Get over yourself or read a book if this is ignorance.
Correct. I've never seen it. We looked at an Audi S5 for my wife tis summer and it didn't have it. And Audis tend to have that kind of thing nailed.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
The heater vents can be positioned right at your hands so I didn't see the point.

Weather up here in Northern Minnesota last week:

Jeep Gladiator Heated Steering Wheel Heat Intensity Screenshot_20211231-225448~3
That’s the 2nd reason I didn’t get that option.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I think it all depends on your tolerances. The people saying, "I don't need no darned heated steering wheel" are probably the same ones that cry when they don't have a/c in the summer. I could live in Phoenix with no a/c, but I whine about the cold every winter no matter where I live including Phoenix. If its under 50 degrees out, my heated steering wheel is on.

Sponsored

Victoryrider78

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales / Operations Support
My heated steering wheel is pretty much spot on for the right temp. My seat gets really hot, I generally keep that on the lowest setting. I've had a heated steering wheel since my 2017 Ram, and honestly I don't think I could go back to not having one in a new vehicle, and yes it has made me 'soft'.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Seems very hit or miss. My 20 JT gets scalding hot and I have to turn it off once it's up to temperature, but the wife's 21 JL just seems to get to this perfect "warm" and stay there. Only difference between the wheels I can tell is my stitching is white and hers is black, the cover material seems to be the same.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
I think the steering wheel might be connected to the HVAC setting. As the cabin warms up, I can feel the steering wheel heat less. Which is totally fine, it keeps it nice and cozy. I'm overall extremely satisfied with this vehicle and the options I ordered