Help me decide? Wheel color and Backspacing

rEbell8762

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I have been back and forth a 100 times on wheels. I have silver JTR that I’ve had a few months and am looking to do wheels/tires/lift soon and can’t decide between black or silver/gray wheels. Have been looking at method beadgrips and fifteen fifty wheels both of which have some great deals right now. Anyone have some pics for reference? Looking at either 8.5 wheels with zero offset or +25 (5.78 bs). Looking for not too much poke and plan on running 37s. Also any issues with 2.5 Clayton or AEV dual sport with the larger backspacing?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Method 705s here. I started with 25 offset and just moved to zero offset last week ... stayed with 705s ... the beadgrip technology has worked so far ... the 25 offset made occasional contact with my 2.5T aluminum tierod ends ... but just barely ... the eventual move to zero offset came when I flipped my drag link which requires no more than 4.75 bs... in general the advantage of minimizing poke is decreased wear and tear on the suspension/steering (closer to stock scrub radius) ... contact drove me to the zero offset... hope this helps!

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
What's not shown here is your increased wheel width.
Since you're adding an inch in wheel width, you'd want to immediately take a half inch (13 mm) away from your stock offset of 44 mm to stay even on the inside edge.
That gives you an adjusted starting point of 31 mm, so the +25 is a good choice to keep as much under the fenders as you can and still have room for the larger tires.

Jeep Gladiator Help me decide? Wheel color and Backspacing 1708566875594

As far as color selections go, I recommend using one of the many visualizers available on the web.

https://www.bigotires.com/wheel-visualizer

https://www.discounttire.com/wheel-visualizer

https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/vehicle-visualizer/#/

There are many many more

Last edited:

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have been back and forth a 100 times on wheels. I have silver JTR that I’ve had a few months and am looking to do wheels/tires/lift soon and can’t decide between black or silver/gray wheels. Have been looking at method beadgrips and fifteen fifty wheels both of which have some great deals right now. Anyone have some pics for reference? Looking at either 8.5 wheels with zero offset or +25 (5.78 bs). Looking for not too much poke and plan on running 37s. Also any issues with 2.5 Clayton or AEV dual sport with the larger backspacing?

Thanks all!
After a lot of research with the help from sites supplied here on the forum to help with offset and backspacing I decided to go with 0 offset from Battleborn wheels for a few reasons but mostly because they were affordable, made in America and a veteran owned company. Nine inch is all they offer in a 17 inch wheel so I decided 0 offset which would give me the best look keeping as much of the tire under the fender as possible since I’m only going to run 35s, I did like they had the option of true beadlock rings or accent rings and they mount and look identical to each other They also offered any color powder coat you want, I decided clear since I wanted to have the accent ring color matched to my vehicle color

BunkieJeeper75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
construction
Jeep Gladiator Help me decide? Wheel color and Backspacing IMG_7131

After a lot of research with the help from sites supplied here on the forum to help with offset and backspacing I decided to go with 0 offset from Battleborn wheels for a few reasons but mostly because they were affordable, made in America and a veteran owned company. Nine inch is all they offer in a 17 inch wheel so I decided 0 offset which would give me the best look keeping as much of the tire under the fender as possible since I’m only going to run 35s, I did like they had the option of true beadlock rings or accent rings and they mount and look identical to each other They also offered any color powder coat you want, I decided clear since I wanted to have the accent ring color matched to my vehicle color
Jeep Gladiator Help me decide? Wheel color and Backspacing IMG_6617

Thanks all!
Jeep Gladiator Help me decide? Wheel color and Backspacing IMG_4308

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Seems like black would go better with your silver JT. Gray or silver color wheels could clash a little.

I have a Clayton 2.5" lift, +6 offset, and wide axles like you, no issues. Here are some pics showing the poke:

Gladiator Tire Poke #1.jpeg

Gladiator Tire Poke #2.jpeg

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I see you’ve decided on your offset. So for color, imho you can’t go wrong with black to go with your silver paint.
Sponsored