Sponsored

HELP: Rubicon Gladiator Ecodiesel does not come with the hard bed cover, and other questions to complete order

Sniper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon JT370 AEV pkg.
I was at the dealer today and built the Rubicon Gladiator / Ecodiesel engine factory order. We added the American Expedition Vehicle (AEV) JT370 package that's the 2.5" Lift with 37's, 4.56 gears. I took the papers home to check everything one last time to make sure I am getting everything I want.

The bed hard-cover does not come with the EcoDiesel only the soft one, the hard can be ordered with the gas engine. The dealer manager said he thinks the diesel fuel supply inlet receptacle that the fuel cap fits on is larger and won't allow the hard top to fit. I do not like that soft top at all. I want something that if I want to stand on it will laying something on the rack I will get for it and I would like to lock a cover if I could.

Do you know of an after market hard bed cover? Preferably something made of aluminum that locks and can be stood on?

Do you recommend the spray in bed liner? One guy told me it scratches things and things won't slide on it.

I saw they offer a strap for the 37 inch tire in bed, I don't care for it to block window on a tire stand, do you have any ideas to purchase aftermarket item to lock it in the bed laying down?

Do you know of a preference for a rack overhead? I attached a rack and was thinking perhaps I could skip the bed cover and do this rack and hang the tire and lock it but it might block the back window too. What do you think of the photo?

Thanks !

Jeep Gladiator HELP: Rubicon Gladiator Ecodiesel does not come with the hard bed cover, and other questions to complete order road warrior 2021-01-19_0-09-22
Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I don't think Jeep is making a completely different bed for the diesel. I have not heard about the top not fitting. Sounds more like one of Jeeps deals where they block out certain things depending on the build, or require them. You could always have the dealer order it through parts as part of the deal. I have the Undercover flex hard cover and like it a lot but I don't know if I would stand on it. The only one that you might be able to is the diamond back cover but that is a whole different animal. Much more bulky and heavy.
A good number of 37 inch tires will fit in the factory spare location. Some just need a little adjusting or maybe lower air pressure. I think there was a thread here of which ones fit. Yes, if you hang it from a rack you won't see out the back window.
I will let others with more experience answer about racks but I will say there is maybe one option out there for a rack with a hard tonneau.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Diamondback HD with the bedliner is what you want. my kids have jumped all over that thing and I have hauled stuff on it. You can air down most 37s and put them in the spare spot. The mopar hard cover is way overpriced for what it is anyways. Just order your diamonback when you order your JT and you will have it in time and be very happy with it.

Sponsored

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have the factory spray in liner in my 2020 Gladiator and LineX spray in liner in my 2020 Ram 1500. Although the LineX is supposed to be “thicker and better”, I honestly can’t tell much difference especially in how they look and perform. I think the big difference will be in warranty and ultimately longevity. The LineX has the better warranty. If you don’t plan on keeping your Gladiator beyond it’s warranty then I’d say don’t worry about it.

Both have a rough texture and could scratch things. Put a blanked down if you are transporting grandma’s antiques. And no, things do not slide easily on spray in bed liners, as intended.

Last edited:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I would skip the factory bed liner and get it done at whatever liner you like dealer that offers a lifetime warranty. Not only can you specify thickness that way but I’m gonna have the edges of the tailgate done as well as a tiny bit along the outward facing top because I’ve never owned a truck where that painted spot didn’t get damaged.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer to have as much as possible done at the factory as part of the build. I have the factory installed bedliner and trail rails, and have no issues or complaints with either. The tonneau cover is one that is not so critical for install, and better to get specifically what you want. I have the soft tri-fold that was dealer installed, and it has worked well for me for 18 months. I am replacing it with a RSI SmartCap.

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon JT370 AEV pkg.
I would skip the factory bed liner and get it done at whatever liner you like dealer that offers a lifetime warranty. Not only can you specify thickness that way but I’m gonna have the edges of the tailgate done as well as a tiny bit along the outward facing top because I’ve never owned a truck where that painted spot didn’t get damaged.
For what ever reason I ordered almost every option on the ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon and the bed liner grayed out and I can;t order it now which I'm okay with. The place down the street has life time guarantee with something called Line-X, I'll research it and make sure it's decent. Thanks.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
For what ever reason I ordered almost every option on the ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon and the bed liner grayed out and I can;t order it now which I'm okay with. The place down the street has life time guarantee with something called Line-X, I'll research it and make sure it's decent. Thanks.

Line X is top notch. best advice is to meet the people installing it because it’s all in the application
Sponsored