Help with track bar install

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I just installed the mopar 2” lift on my JT. Both the front and rear axles are off by 3/4”. I understand that this is normal, but I decided to buy a track bar to fix the front. If all goes well I will buy the rear. My question is, since the axle is sticking out 3/4” on one side, should I make the new track bar 3/4” longer than the stock one before installing or should I split the difference and make it 3/8” longer? Or??? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Half of the distance, so 3/8". You may have to tweek it a bit more, but that is the starting point.

If you set it before install, you'll either need a ratchet strap to draw the axle or someone to turn the steering wheel so you can get last bolt in.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
It’s at an angle so 1/4” is probably closer to 1/2”; as an example.
When you remove factory bar, have a helper make sure it visibly looks all centered up abs measure hole to hole.
Set your adjustable to this. Then try it out.

A guess, it’s probably a difference of about 3/8”.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on the kind of Track Bar you get. One kind you have to unbolt one end to be able to adjust the length. While the other kind you can adjust in place.

I'd opt for the in place adjustment type. Just match the OEM length, install, then adjust from there.

OP
OP
Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Depends on the kind of Track Bar you get. One kind you have to unbolt one end to be able to adjust the length. While the other kind you can adjust in place.

I'd opt for the in place adjustment type. Just match the OEM length, install, then adjust from there.
I’m still learning. I didn’t know that there were options. I purchased this one.
Jeep Gladiator Help with track bar install 1617583122958

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I’m still learning. I didn’t know that there were options. I purchased this one.
Jeep Gladiator Help with track bar install 1617583122958

That is fine, but you will have to remove the bolt on the adjustable end to make any adjustments.

I have Synergy, they have a double threaded sleeve to make adjustments without removing, then a crush bolt and nut to lock in place.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
1617583122958.jpeg
That one you’ll have to unbolt the “Gold” end and spin it out or in to adjust the length. It’s a good track bar just have that extra step of unbolting one end.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the mopar 2” lift on my JT. Both the front and rear axles are off by 3/4”. I understand that this is normal, but I decided to buy a track bar to fix the front. If all goes well I will buy the rear. My question is, since the axle is sticking out 3/4” on one side, should I make the new track bar 3/4” longer than the stock one before installing or should I split the difference and make it 3/8” longer? Or??? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I find it interesting with today's manufacturing tolerances, that all 2" Mopar lifts don't seem to move both axles the same. Maybe its due to model variances and spring / spring rates..
I was in the same boat with the front. About 3/4" with the front and 0" with the rear.
Added a synergy adj track bar. Dialed it right in to equal on each sides but had to grind off the mount to get it to fit right. Didn't make me happy at the time, but its been rock solid ever since. No squeaks or noise at all up front. Will have to adjust it again I assume when i put my 3/4 daystar spacer up front when I install my winch bumper and winch.

OP
OP
Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I find it interesting with today's manufacturing tolerances, that all 2" Mopar lifts don't seem to move both axles the same. Maybe its due to model variances and spring / spring rates..
I was in the same boat with the front. About 3/4" with the front and 0" with the rear.
Added a synergy adj track bar. Dialed it right in to equal on each sides but had to grind off the mount to get it to fit right. Didn't make me happy at the time, but its been rock solid ever since. No squeaks or noise at all up front. Will have to adjust it again I assume when i put my 3/4 daystar spacer up front when I install my winch bumper and winch.
Actually, both the front and back are off by 3/4”. I’m pretty sure I will buy the rear track bar too. I was looking at install videos and it looks really easy to correct.

Tiny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator SportS, manual, soft top, black
Mine was the exact same. 3/4" off and 3/8" longer than stock did the trick.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the difference in tolerances. Mine wasn't off at all. And I have a 3/4" Daystar spacer installed to compensate for the weight.
Sponsored