Hi Lift Mounts

bhadfield

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
That looks great, considering it as an option, but it looks like it blocks the 2x8 slot. Does it? I know it doesn't matter to you with your bed slide but I use mine.
Yep, it definitely blocks that slot but as you mentioned the Bedslide would block it anyway. I'm sure you'll figure out something that works for your application.

That being said, if you used the mount as intended (handle facing up, not down like I have it) I bet it would be close to useable, maybe not the full 2 x 8 but definitely seems like you could get something in there, maybe 2 x 6? Just a guess, I could try to measure it out for you if that would be helpful?
Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I have one mounted to the side of my JCR rack. I bought the hood mount kit, drilled a 3rd hole in the mount and bolted it to the rack. Cheaper option. The mount was $30-40 on AMZN.

JCR's hi-lift mount is $140.

CFLgladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yep, it definitely blocks that slot but as you mentioned the Bedslide would block it anyway. I'm sure you'll figure out something that works for your application.

That being said, if you used the mount as intended (handle facing up, not down like I have it) I bet it would be close to useable, maybe not the full 2 x 8 but definitely seems like you could get something in there, maybe 2 x 6? Just a guess, I could try to measure it out for you if that would be helpful?
Thanks for the offer but I looked at a couple of pics. I could notch out that side of the lumber and still use it as a plywood support and cargo divider. Thanks for all the help

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Tr
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I know, I don't have the fancy bed, but I have had the same Hi-Lift in 8-10 Jeeps now and it has come in handy at least once a year. I've used it as a winch/come-along, spreader, jack, and lever. As some others have said, respect it and know its limitations and how it works. Practice at home. Keep it lubricated and clean(ish). If you're just running errands, keep it at home in the garage or basement until you're headed offroad.

Probably not the jack to use for changing a tire except in a very few special circumstances.

I've usually carried mine under the rear seats, then lashed to the seat brackets. It will fit well with the top hook removed or positioned at 90 degrees. I now have the Dominion Off-Road mount above the rear roll-bar and it works exceptionally well (I know, doesn't work for the Gladiators). I also have their accessory mounts to carry a shovel and axe. It is basically two "T" shaped bars that attach to the hi-lift and have Quick-Fist mounting points. Basic and it works. Recommended.

Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts SUOT 6.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts JL Jack 1

Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts JL Jack 2

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
HiLift haters are amusing.

It may ride around in my truck for years. But it would be stupid to need it and not have it. Just like the OEM jack that no longer works on my lifted truck, you carry a HiLift for that 0.001% chance.

If you really know how to use one (lift, pull, spread, clamp, casting etc), you realize that when you need a HiLift, nothing else will do. Definitely a manā€™s tool and not recommended for skinny jeans wearing, chai latte sipping hipsters.
Hereā€™s my home fab hybrid mount. Made two plates to lower the Leitner mounts just right. Thatā€™s a 60ā€ HiLift Extreme. It just fits at the rail and is rock solid.

Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts E3B8DDB8-248A-430D-98EE-87F50BAF17A6

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. 3 payments in and a new drive shaft šŸ˜©
I hope you went with a lift and 37's since that needs a new drive shaft :rock:

Let me know the next time you need/use a Hi-Lift. I'll bet that was a one-in-a-million rock and you'll never again use a Hi-Lift

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Tr
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
When my JT got turtled on a rock going UP was the only option as the rock was jammed in the cavity next to the rear driveshaft. I had to wait for over an hour until someone passed by with a Hi-Lift. Definitely my next Jeep purchase!

Oh, and Iā€™ll be getting the JT bed mount.

Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts E3B8DDB8-248A-430D-98EE-87F50BAF17A6
That sinking feeling as your tires slide sideways or backwards off the line you intended and you just know you're about to f**k some sh!t up. And the look of disappointment on your significant other's face. I know both all too well. :CWL:

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
That sinking feeling as your tires slide sideways or backwards off the line you intended and you just know you're about to f**k some sh!t up. And the look of disappointment on your significant other's face. I know both all too well. :CWL:
It was just my 6 year old and I!

Got my Hi-Lift today. FYI Hi-Lift Gladiator bed mounts are on back order. I cut and test fit a strut mount.
Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts 63B5DEDD-5CE4-4C59-80CF-7C5CBFE41E04

Going to beef it up with some more bolts into the bed, spring nuts, and lock washers.

Edit:
Spent 1/2 the day Friday working on this mountā€¦ and then UPS delivered the Hi-Lift mount. :headbang: Didnā€™t have time to switch things up before my trip, but it held up to a day of off-road!
I guess Iā€™ll use the hardware to make a storage mount to keep it in the shed.

Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts 535C5E3A-6230-48ED-B521-117B9613F5F8

Last edited:

FreddieR170

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Hi, hereā€™s my setup. I have the 60ā€ Hi Lift Extreme. I used 2 existing threaded holes (6mm I think) at the front of the bed to mount the base. I joined 2 2x10 pine boards and mounted them using 50# mounting tape on the bottom and a long threaded bolt using an existing hole in the bedside to further secure it. This works great, doesnā€™t take up any useful space and takes about 60 seconds to retrieve or put away.
Jeep Gladiator Hi Lift Mounts 33CA3EE3-1B03-4F4A-A260-CDF833C8CE53
You might also notice I just put on my version of trail rails. Again, super easy using existing holes and low profile 2ā€ channel with screws, washers and 50# mounting tape. Works very well. Less than $100 and a bunch of trips to hardware store and youā€™re all set.
Sponsored