Sponsored

Hidden/Buried features of the JT

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ā€˜17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ā€˜73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Same, hydro blue. I suspect everybody's are the same... color coded for quick assembly maybe?

Sounds plausible. Wonder why Gator and not yellow, orange or red since itā€™s more or less a ā€œsafetyā€ latch/lock. Iā€™m cool with Gator though. :)

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I can't believe I've had my JT for 6 months, and I just now figured this out!!!

When you have the "Hard Tri-fold Tonneau Cover by Mopar", it OBSCURES the <heart>419 Easter egg !!!

The other day, my wife asked me if I knew about any of the Easter eggs, and wanted to know if I'd found any on my truck. I took her out there & showed her the sandals, the Jeep in the windshield, and I opened the tailgate expecting to show her the <heart>419, only I couldn't find it!!! I had the bedliner done aftermarket by Line-X -- I started to cuss them, that they covered it up, or didn't put the plastic piece back, etc...

So, I went to the dealership to see where it is supposed to be, and then figured out mine is there but it is covered up by the tonneau cover....
Jeep Gladiator Hidden/Buried features of the JT 20200517_144017

-vs-

Jeep Gladiator Hidden/Buried features of the JT 20200517_142527

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
OK.... who else has a bit of Gator in their
Stingray. Owned this Sting for 6 Mos. Just noticed the rear seat latches are painted a different ā€œanimalā€. Both rear seat latches are Gator coloured. While the tethers are Stingray.
Anyone else have this anomaly?

Jeep Gladiator Hidden/Buried features of the JT 20200517_142527
Im willing to bet the person that installed that is color blind lol

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Where can we access this setting? Iā€™m about 90 pages into the manual but havenā€™t read anything about that yet. Super interested!
It's in the 'Settings' menu accessed from the steering wheel. There's a few options to reconfigure your data screen between the tach and speedometer including adding the gear indicator.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Im willing to bet the person that installed that is color blind lol
Hey, don't be picking on the color-blind. Most camouflage is useless to hide things from a red/green color blind individual, sticks out like a sore thumb. All Gladiator have the Gobi seat bracket it seems, as they're all primered in Gobi, and when being painted, the sprayers don't reach in that far to paint it. Look up under the rear corner of your bed by the fenders and you'll still see the Gobi primer, even above the spare tire.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Hey, don't be picking on the color-blind. Most camouflage is useless to hide things from a red/green color blind individual, sticks out like a sore thumb. All Gladiator have the Gobi seat bracket it seems, as they're all primered in Gobi, and when being painted, the sprayers don't reach in that far to paint it. Look up under the rear corner of your bed by the fenders and you'll still see the Gobi primer, even above the spare tire.
Despite my lol, I wasnā€™t poking fun; I mean it would definitely explain it. And I canā€™t actually see the phenomenon you describe- my truck is a Gobi haha.

But thank you for the setting tip; I thought I went through that pretty throughly but apparently not

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
On the inside top of the center console storage (the arm-rest for driver/passenger), the panel can be pulled off using the the molded plastic "bump". I use it as a place to keep small, important, docs that I don't want in plain view (insurance, etc). You can then just push it back in to re-clip it. Pretty slick. I like it. My JK had an actual dedicated clip up there for your vehicle docs like ownership and insurance that the small plastic folder you got from the dealership fit exactly into. Same theory, as in it kept it out of immediate view when the console was opened...
I never noticed this cubby area - wish it had that clip. For now I just stuck a rubberband around the insert and put my registration up there.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
IF that is the slot I THINK you are talking about, the slot according to the dealer is for the key......... that's what he put there when demoing a vehicle and it was a PERFECT fit. Unless there's another - don't have mine yet.
Perfect size for my wallet, so it goes in there when I drive if I'm wearing pants that I put it in my rear pocket.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never noticed this cubby area - wish it had that clip. For now I just stuck a rubberband around the insert and put my registration up there.
Update - a nice black hair band courtesy of my daughter (ok well not that she knows I took) .... and perfect spot for registration and insurance.

Jeep Gladiator Hidden/Buried features of the JT arm

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect size for my wallet, so it goes in there when I drive if I'm wearing pants that I put it in my rear pocket.
the slot between cup holders makes for perfect phone spot as well - with ease of plug in from cord in armrest.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I was highly disappointed for about 3 days when I thought I didnā€™t get any media controls. A few days in, I accidentally brushed my hand against the left controls and got so excited I missed my turn while messing with them. Lol.
OMG wait, that's not for manually changing gears in the "manual" more for the automatics!? I have to go check that! I was super disappointed with no audio controls as well, this changes quite a bit.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I already knew as the media controls are pretty consistent across all Chrysler/dodge cars.

Left had behind wheel has up/down channel buttons and the center button toggles between favorite presets. The right hand is up/down volume and center button change source.
Sponsored