Build Thread
Link

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
OK.... who else has a bit of Gator in their
Stingray. Owned this Sting for 6 Mos. Just noticed the rear seat latches are painted a different “animal”. Both rear seat latches are Gator coloured. While the tethers are Stingray.
Anyone else have this anomaly?

5F226AC3-CD9F-4817-8E6C-C955F67D6F76.jpeg
My Gladiator is Gator color so I thought that's why mine were like this. The pedals are the same color as well.

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
On the driver side of the windshield is a small recess in the black dot periphery for your oil change sticker
Just got my Jeep Wave packet in mail … they actually give you a small Jeep sticker that goes there and it is supposed to tell the dealer you are Jeep Wave (like they don't already know) and to get VIP benefits at Jeep Events (I guess they go around looking for stickers).

edit: oops it say put in top corners windshield - that kind looked stupid. I put at the small recess anyhow.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Hi
There is an automatic water dispenser when you open the drivers doors when it’s raining. Hold your cup in your lap and it will shortly be filled....

I can’t believe these had such innovated mindsets to come up with something like this!

311EE845-8897-44D9-811E-611955859B38.jpeg

0FCDD81F-DF5A-4471-B868-B0BE143017A6.jpeg
Hilarious! After I took one home for a test drive on a rainy day the first thing I said to myself is that I’m going to clear caulk that as soon as I get it!

Sponsored

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Have any of us considered that the real reason the seat latch in every single Gladiator, regardless of color, is Gobi green because it's a nod to the original Army green the first Jeeps were painted?
It’s a nice thought with regard to the past.

HK31

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
OK.... who else has a bit of Gator in their
Stingray. Owned this Sting for 6 Mos. Just noticed the rear seat latches are painted a different “animal”. Both rear seat latches are Gator coloured. While the tethers are Stingray.
Anyone else have this anomaly?

5F226AC3-CD9F-4817-8E6C-C955F67D6F76.jpeg
Mine too

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I drove the JT from Ohio to Alabama and back. Around 1200 miles and a lot of it was with ACC on. I think I found a “feature” that turned out to be quite amazing.
If you have acc set and are approaching a vehicle, it will automatically slow down....as it should. However, this became a little annoying if you go to pass them and it starts slowing down before you change lanes to the left. Well, if you use your left blinker, it overrides the slow down feature, and lets you maintain the set speed. At first I thought it was a fluke, but was able to recreate it every time. So for shits and giggles I tried using the right blinker to see if it would override the slow down feature. It did not. I assume they designed it this way, assuming you would always be passing on the left.
It may not seem like a big deal, but it really made passing vehicles much more fluid. Even if I was stuck behind a line of cars in the right lane, I could begin the acceleration process much quicker than if I just waited to get all the way in the left lane.

Edit*

Well, look at that! I combed the manual to see if this was mentioned and sure enough, it’s there.

8BA4F7B1-D92C-4E77-9E8D-3ADE2F2F5429.jpeg

Last edited:

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Healthcare
The spooky ghost noise when going in reverse is pretty cool :CWL:

But really... I’m sure it’s not their intended purpose, but I use the rubber blocks that come with the Freedom panel bag to wedge the bag and panels into place in the bed. Keeps them from sliding around while driving.

The cutout in the center console to allow the phone cable to pass through is a good idea.

Found it a good idea to label on the door hinges which Torx to use, but found it odd it isn’t labeled anywhere else (that I’ve found).

I really like that they’ve integrated a drain hole in the sunk in portion for the windshield bolts. That’s a decent look for getting rid of standing water.

A feature I like in theory but dislike in practice is the phone holding slot between the cup holders. It’s not deep enough and the phone just bounces around.

I don’t understand why the door locks are on the doors but the window controls are in the center stack. Why not just put a central lock by the window controls to keep it all in one place? AND cut the cost of an additional lock and more expensive doors. Surprised the bean movers didn’t voice on that one.

I’ve got more, but I’ll check in later.
May have been said already as I haven’t read thru the thread in its entirety, but the spot between the cup holder isn’t for your phone. It’s to hold your Jeep key.

BajaDrifter

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They are called "Easter Eggs". The Gladiator and Wrangler are littered with such symbols to represent the Jeep lifestyle and history.

There is dedicated threads on the subject.
I read the flip flops are there to honor a long time jeep engineer/developer who was known for wearing his flip flops everywhere.

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Found these - removed from a Jeep Liberty - grocery sack hangers for the back seat in the hatch area. Not from a JT but it shows they have been doing Easter eggs for years.

Jeep Gladiator Hidden/Buried features of the JT 2490E990-E124-4921-B578-B4489A721921

Last edited:

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I don't know if I should even MENTION in this forum what my wife said to me today while we were running errands.......... good grief.
She asked me about Christmas presents - I had some pages sitting on the table that I had printed - Amazon - goodies for the JT like the thing that goes in the grab handle on the dash to hold a phone or coins or whatever, the ones that go on the side of the shift area to hold a phone or wallet or spare change or pencil or whatever, sill guards since this is the first vehicle I have owned that didn't come factory with really nice ones..... that sort of thing.
She asked if they were all the same - would they fit OUR truck. I said yeah, the interiors of the Gladiators are really the same, it's features, towing, payload, the suspension and underside that's different "FOR THE MOST PART" but accessories pretty much fit them all. I explained about the three basic levels (wasn't worth trying to explain the plan Sport vs. Sport S so I kept it Sport, Overland, Rubicon) and she said well, you were looking at the bottom one when I got involved, why? I told her about the payload and the towing. She said yeah, but it wouldn't have all this other stuff we wanted. Well, that's correct - but now the Overland won't tow as much and has a lower payload so you can't load it down as much, it's not as much of a work horse as the others.
Then she asked - well why then didn't you go up to the next one? You were at three, I pushed you up to 2, why didn't you get the top one? I told her - money...........
Then she asked - well, how much difference, 2, 3 thousand or so? I said yeah, probably about 3 for the same equipment on the Overland vs. Rubicon.
Then she blew me away with "well, I got my 4 season sunroom the way I wanted it, why didn't you get the best truck then? She added - What would it cost to trade now? Is this one worth anything?

Holy cow!
Why the heck didn't she ask about other choices weeks ago?
Probably too late now. The depreciation and all - I did a quick build online today and yeah, to get the EXACT SAME options in the Rubicon would have been 3 grand more - but no, that's adding the proximity locks, too! - for the exact same truck I have but Rubicon WITH proximity locks instead of Overland without, all other equipment the same.
Now it would likely cost several grand.
The towing would be a thousand pounds better, the payload only 150 or so better but it's TOWING that I care about. I rarely have over a thousand pounds to haul, in fact, it's been years since I hauled over 7 or 800 pounds in the box of a truck.
Great post! Specially, "What would it cost to trade now? Is this one worth anything?"

Now at my age I need sunglasses, and I need reading glasses...so I need TWO places to put my specs!

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
There is an automatic water dispenser when you open the drivers doors when it’s raining. Hold your cup in your lap and it will shortly be filled....

I can’t believe these had such innovated mindsets to come up with something like this!

Jeep Gladiator Hidden/Buried features of the JT 2490E990-E124-4921-B578-B4489A721921

It's a Jeep thing! ;)

Good post. Thanks.
Sponsored