Sponsored

High Line Fenders + Aftermarket Liners = Better Clearance?

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I'm considering running American Adventure Lab's High Line Fenders with the LEDs for the front. Who here as completed this?

I surely like the look. Does it provide a considerable amount of additional clearance for articulation as well? Are there fender liners that work best with this modification (Ace Engineering for example)? What liners are out there for the rear?

My thoughts are to run 35" tires on my OEM suspension / wheels Rubicon and gain a little more room in the fender wells with changing out the kit as mentioned. Also curious if there's anyone running 37" tires with the OEM suspension without issue while running these style fenders.

https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-high-line-fender-brace-with-daytime-running-lights/

jeep-jl-high-line-fender-brackets-customer-photos-1.jpg

blue3-999x800.jpg
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Why not just go with the AAL front fender liners? They just released their JL rear fender liners, so its likely just a matter of time before they make one for the JT.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Why not just go with the AAL front fender liners? They just released their JL rear fender liners, so its likely just a matter of time before they make one for the JT.
I must be blind and totally missed them. That would make sense :CWL:

Well we know 35s work on OEM wheels and suspension. Anyone know if 37s will work on OEM Rubicon wheels and suspension with the AAL kits? And by work I mean on the trails and swaybars disconnected.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I've been running the quake version for a while on the Gladiator. We also have the AAL on my wife's JLU.

Both do a great job of providing extra clearance for bigger tires. We gained nearly 2" up travel on our JL's with a little trimming to the rear inner fender well. On the Gladiator the rear is much more open
IMG_20191201_150219_735.jpg

IMG_20190925_140200_841.jpg

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I've been running the quake version for a while on the Gladiator. We also have the AAL on my wife's JLU.

Both do a great job of providing extra clearance for bigger tires. We gained nearly 2" up travel on our JL's with a little trimming to the rear inner fender well. On the Gladiator the rear is much more open

Looks great! Any reason you decided on Quake over AAL for the JT? What are you running for liners (especially for the rear)? Did you do any actual body trimming or is it just fender work? Thanks!

Sponsored

Deleted member 24880

I know a guy running these on his Gladiator. He is running 38” Nittos and has the inner fenders as well. He owns a Line-X franchise and has it decked out. I have a great video of it but the site will not let me upload it for you. The video doesn’t even show when I try to “upload a file”. They look great that is for sure.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Looks great! Any reason you decided on Quake over AAL for the JT? What are you running for liners (especially for the rear)? Did you do any actual body trimming or is it just fender work? Thanks!
Thanks!
Both companies make quality products, but I decided on Quake the second time around because I installed a set for a customer and liked the plug/play without the need for an extra harness or tazer, and the amber side marker light. They are also DOT legal which is nice, but wasn't a real deciding factor.

No body trimming on the Gladiator, I just had to trim about an inch off the Rubicon rails. I am running some cheapo $100 amazon liners in the front(they will have to be hacked up when I go to coilovers) and a set of JCR liners in the rear.

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
I know a guy running these on his Gladiator. He is running 38” Nittos and has the inner fenders as well. He owns a Line-X franchise and has it decked out. I have a great video of it but the site will not let me upload it for you. The video doesn’t even show when I try to “upload a file”. They look great that is for sure.
I assume with a lift? My goal is 37" with no lift. You try YouTube?

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Thanks!
Both companies make quality products, but I decided on Quake the second time around because I installed a set for a customer and liked the plug/play without the need for an extra harness or tazer, and the amber side marker light. They are also DOT legal which is nice, but wasn't a real deciding factor.

No body trimming on the Gladiator, I just had to trim about an inch off the Rubicon rails. I am running some cheapo $100 amazon liners in the front(they will have to be hacked up when I go to coilovers) and a set of JCR liners in the rear.
The amber marker is appealing to me, too. Did you weld on any cap for the slider after chopping it? I assume that was needed for the tires and not because of anything else.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
The amber marker is appealing to me, too. Did you weld on any cap for the slider after chopping it? I assume that was needed for the tires and not because of anything else.
Yes, I only cut them for tire clearance.
They have plastic caps on the ends. I painted the ends of the sliders after using the chop saw, then applied a little black RTV and pushed them back in place. You can't even tell they were cut :like:

I assume with a lift? My goal is 37" with no lift. You try YouTube?
I sold a set of my old 37's to a guy with a stock JLU. It was a tight fit, but he was able to drive home. I imagine with the fender chop and proper bumpstops you could pull it off.
XD No lift.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
spazzyfry123

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ME
Yes, I only cut them for tire clearance.
They have plastic caps on the ends. I painted the ends of the sliders after using the chop saw, then applied a little black RTV and pushed them back in place. You can't even tell they were cut :like:

I sold a set of my old 37's to a guy with a stock JLU. It was a tight fit, but he was able to drive home. I imagine with the fender chop and proper bumpstops you could pull it off.
XD No lift.jpg
Didn't know about the plastic caps. Good to know!

I'm hoping that I can hit the trails with disconnected sway bars and 37s. I imagine with factory Rubicon wheels that spacers will be needed. Guess we can give it a go! Thanks again for the responses.

Last edited:

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey

Question: It looks like you removed the bottom portion of the 2 piece fender both front and back? I am planning to get a Glad in Stinggrey with black fenders like yours and put the highline brackets on the front. I was concerned it would look goofy with fenders in the rear not matching. If you removed the rears, does it include the entire liner? Does it make the fender less ridgid? Etc.

Thanks, love that rig, well done.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
Question: It looks like you removed the bottom portion of the 2 piece fender both front and back? I am planning to get a Glad in Stinggrey with black fenders like yours and put the highline brackets on the front. I was concerned it would look goofy with fenders in the rear not matching. If you removed the rears, does it include the entire liner? Does it make the fender less ridgid? Etc.

Thanks, love that rig, well done.
Thanks!

In the rear you will need to remove the factory liners. In my case I installed a set of JCR liners to replace them. While it does make the fender less rigid, it is not like the front where the brace is mandatory IMO. I've been driving around our JL's/JT for a while now without issues in the rear.

gladiatormotorsports

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gladiator-motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch
Occupation
Owner
2_3.jpg

The AAL high line fenders coupled with their quick release inner fenders is the way to go. We are running 38s with no lift with these on and no rubbing.

AAL just released their rear inner fender liners, which are alos quick release, so either get on over to our website or AALs and pick up this trio.
Sponsored