Sponsored

High Line Fenders + Aftermarket Liners = Better Clearance?

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
38s on a stock Rubicon?!? Is that parking lot driving or full flex? More pics please. Very interesting.
Sponsored

gladiatormotorsports

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gladiator-motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch
Occupation
Owner

gladiatormotorsports

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gladiator-motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch
Occupation
Owner

MTDIRK

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Apologize for the dumb question, are these replacement fenders or are you just removing part of the fender? I suck at the search feature does anyone have a link to a High-Line write up or do I have to hop on a JL forum. I know this Forum is still fairly young and a lot of things have been covered by the JL Write ups.

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Apologize for the dumb question, are these replacement fenders or are you just removing part of the fender? I suck at the search feature does anyone have a link to a High-Line write up or do I have to hop on a JL forum. I know this Forum is still fairly young and a lot of things have been covered by the JL Write ups.
You're only removing part of the feder to get the better clearance

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, but “comfort” and an image of a Jeep with Super Swamper Boggers should not coincide.
To be honest man and Amen that just sounds like a perfect recipe to break an axle especially with the Fad section being a cast piece but hey if my daughter has 35's and has gone trough some pretty harsh (private trails)and she hs D30s and daily drives it but hey you never know

MTDIRK

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Anybody get 37s on a rubicon with factory lift after doing the fender chop and AAL liners? I am waiting on liners to come in, but have chopped the front and tons of space on the stock tires. Don’t want to chop the rear until liners show up.

I am thinking about giving it a try and then adjusting as I rub.

Sponsored

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so I ordered my JTR Eco-Diesel and I'm putting 37s on it. I'd rather wait a few months for a good aftermarket 3" lift instead of Mopar. I'm thinking with Highline fenders and liners from American Adventure labs and a 1.5" spacer with -12 (4.5") backspace wheels, I should have plenty of clearance for the 37s.

Can anyone confirm this strategy works?
Thanks

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I asked AAL the same question above and got a quick and thorough response...

"Here's the situation with our inner fenders for the Diesel. So the whole issue with these, as you may have heard, is the fact that Jeep relocated the window washer jug to just under the brake booster. They also made it very large. I anticipate that most Jeeps with small lift and larger tires are going to rub this reservoir as it is, especially with the sway bar disconnected.

As a company, we had to try and build something ASAP to accommodate the Diesel customers. We will end up offering two options for the diesel.

The first will be a new fender panel that hugs as tight to the window washer jug as possible. This will be mainly for customers with larger lift and bigger tires, or smaller lift and smaller tires, as they would be the least likely to contact the fender with a tire.

The second option will be designed for customers with lower lift and bigger tires or more articulation. This option will consist of our standard JL inner fenders, and a custom fabricated and relocated window washer reservoir.

So far, we have completed one install on a diesel with the first option, and are in the process of moving the new panels into production. We will then quickly begin the design process on the upgraded reservoir option."

Despite crawling all over this forum, this was news to me, but seems like a good solutions and I look forward to the development.

Thought I'd share here.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Wow! What kind of gearing do you run with that much tire (42?)?

I've been running the quake version for a while on the Gladiator. We also have the AAL on my wife's JLU.

Both do a great job of providing extra clearance for bigger tires. We gained nearly 2" up travel on our JL's with a little trimming to the rear inner fender well. On the Gladiator the rear is much more open
Jeep Gladiator High Line Fenders + Aftermarket Liners = Better Clearance? 6

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Jeep Gladiator High Line Fenders + Aftermarket Liners = Better Clearance? 6

The AAL high line fenders coupled with their quick release inner fenders is the way to go. We are running 38s with no lift with these on and no rubbing.

AAL just released their rear inner fender liners, which are alos quick release, so either get on over to our website or AALs and pick up this trio.
Is there any concern with the fender liners being metal? Like with rubbing - my oem liners rube a little bit after swapping out sport max tow flares for rubicon flares, but that's a result of having to cut the turn signal lighting bracket. If I can't get it fixed, the rubbing sounds bad and is annoying, I'll have to pony up and buy new metal liners and these brackets for a fender chop, or different fenders altogether. Tried saving a few bucks by buying takeoffs, but so far I'm only $300 ahead from buying the set from the dealer
Sponsored