Sponsored

Home wifi help, complete non Jeep question?

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Clear some brush out of your line of sight. Should be pretty easy for some Lapua to make it that distance!😉
Sponsored

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
Sucks you and your mom have to deal with that. I say get a couple of big ass dogs too. That guy sounds like a real nut job.
We've got dogs. And there asses are getting big because they're too good to walk since we got the lithium ion conversion on the cart. Its a shame this guy is making us watch over our shoulder.
Jeep Gladiator Home wifi help, complete non Jeep question? 20220618_201812

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
We've got dogs. And there asses are getting big because they're too good to walk since we got the lithium ion conversion on the cart. Its a shame this guy is making us watch over our shoulder.
Jeep Gladiator Home wifi help, complete non Jeep question? 20220618_201812
Lol. They’re two peas in a pod. I love it

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
Clear some brush out of your line of sight. Should be pretty easy for some Lapua to make it that distance!😉
We've been to academy recently. Loaded with the silver tip. Practice with the rest.

20220624_230535.jpg

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
250 isn't bad at all. I use an Amazon eero at the house and another at my tractor shed to repeat wifi up there. It's good enough for Youtube and Spotify.
That said, it is 200 feet and unobstructed.
Eero does not come in true outdoor rated options, but you can build or buy a weatherproof box for them pretty easily.

Some of the better wireless bridges and higher strength omni-directional access points can be pricey and tricky to setup if you're unfamiliar with the technologies.

I usually recommend cabling whenever it can be done, but you can also purchase pre-configured wireless bridges to make it a easier on yourself.

The great ones are costly. I've used these folks a few times and they're excellent, but an order will take a few days.
This one should get through the leaves just fine for you.
https://www.gnswireless.com/gns-1162n-rf-ethernet-bridge

You can search Amazon for "preconfigured wireless bridge" and find some offerings there. I haven't used the cheaper ones so read the reviews.

Then there's the "lower tech" option, which may also be effective.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/power-wizard-pw1000b-electric-fence-controller

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
If you have a direct line of sight, something like this would work.

TP-Link 5GHz AC867 Long Range Outdoor CPE for PtP and PtMP Transmission | Point to Point Wireless Bridge | 23dBi | Passive PoE Powered w/Free PoE Injector | Pharos Control (CPE710) https://a.co/d/ac1dboO

or run a network cable.

good luck, stay safe, bad neighbors are the worst!!!!!!!
With that type of extender, you do not exactly need a literal line of sight, but the less interference (physical and signal) the better.

If the signal was being sent from the house using one of these as a long range access point, and that signal was having difficulty being received by your WiFi device (camera) at the gate, you could just get a second long range antenna to act as a receiver (client) by setting them up appropriately and aiming them at each other.

Once the receiver (client) has the signal, you can run an ethernet cable directly to a camera, or to another outdoor rated access point to supply a signal to WiFi devices.

In any case, the higher you can mount the long range access point from the house and the long range client near the gate, the better.

Could you put up a pole or extend a pole from one of the trees near the gate? Might be a pain, but probably easier than trenching for a hardwire line.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakes5thjeep

jakes5thjeep

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubi
Occupation
Worker
🤣🤣 I'm pretty sure my camera was on .5x zoom, weird fish eye lense that samsung has. That's hilarious! I see em every day and they've never looked like that

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Look for a 900mhz wireless bridge. The lower frequency range works better when dealing with obstacles. I helped set one up years ago for a HOA covering a span to IP cameras at a remote gate.

ILikeYourHat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Ram, Chevy
Occupation
Government drone
We've been to academy recently. Loaded with the silver tip. Practice with the rest.
Silver tip does not perform well in lightweight bullets. It works reasonably well in mid-weight and higher bullets. It's a reasonable choice for heavy .357 Magnum or .45 Colt loads, it's a poor choice for a 115gr 9mm. Penetration is lacking and it performs poorly in bone strikes. I have seen the results many times, including headshots, that were ineffective. I think people who don't routinely deal with gunshot wounds underestimate how hard the human skull is and how frequently rounds skip off.

Look for a quality bonded, or otherwise jacket locked, 147gr or 124gr+P for best results in 9mm. Federal HST, Gold Dots of any generation, Hornady Critical Duty (Note DUTY and not DEFENSE) all do very well on bone strikes and soft tissue strikes.

Finally, get it in your mind right now that having a gun and pointing it is not a magic wand that causes compliance. Especially with who you are dealing with, which I'll go into more in a bit. You'd be absolute shocked how many people's last words are some varition of "what are you going to do, shoot me?" and continue their aggressive behavior. If you are not mentally prepared to pull the trigger, are not 100% confident in your understanding of the law, and are not ready for the incredibly lousy aftermath of smoking some asshole even if he needed it, get that way before pulling. I've been on both sides of that investigation. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, although I am not familiar with your state's specific laws.

When the second officer went up and talked to him last night he mentioned that "he just got out of prison, and f%@k them and their gate, they don't own that".. the officer said if he comes back, not to confront him call 911 immediately, because hes douchbag crazy. Actually called the other officer for back up but didn't hear the radio.
And it takes some kind of stupid for the first things you say to a cop following up a threat to be " I just got out of prison"..
Guys who talk about just getting out of prison do so because they think it makes them sound tough and intimidating, as well as in conveying a certain social status among their peers. Do not think of it as stupidity, though he likely is stupid, think of him as someone from a foreign culture. He does not value what you value and vice versa. He has very little in his life, especially while in prison, that he has real control over so "respect" becomes an outsized need in his mind. Especially in front of peer groups, he is going to posture and make threats over anything that he feels threatens the respect of his peers. It's something to be aware of, but is not as dangerous as "I'm not going back to prison." That's when the real fight is about to be on.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing to help but best of luck with this problem...
A backhoe and another tool might be effective and efficient. It sounds like there has been overt threat(s) already.
I'm starting to have a smaller but similar situation.. So I'm going to have to replace my game camera's again too.
I did have problems with loose dogs. It was cured after I commented at local restaurant that I would start shooting the dogs and I would invite the owner(s) over for BBQ.. Few days after I was out running my smoker after a run in with the dogs, the owner drove by. I waved real friendly, their dogs haven't been a problem since... :like:
Sponsored