Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
This is the part i seriously dont understand. That crate motor is $8500 for a JL/Jt.

How in the FUCK are places charging $35k for it? Honestly? Look at what is included in that crate motor kit.

Honest question: you pay $8,752.20 to Mopar for a kit that includes all thats listed. where does the other twenty six thousand, two hundred forty seven dollars and twenty cents go for these installers?? Motor mounts? Trans coupler? Ok.....???? And??
Exactly my thought. The wiring harness is ~$1800 + Maybe it IS $12000 for the CAI lol :CWL:
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Exactly my thought.
Legit question right? I cannot understand where that money goes other than the shop owner’s ride.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
The wrangler hood vent is functional on the 392.
I mean, i clicked every single link listed in the “required parts” list under the crate motor kit. Its another ~$3,500. So that’s $12,000 all in. $23,000 in labor?

I need someone to show me a line item invoice on why $23,000 is required to install a motor that this frame was designed to accept from day 1.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I mean, i clicked every single link listed in the “required parts” list under the crate motor kit. Its another ~$3,500. So that’s $12,000 all in. $23,000 in labor?

I need someone to show me a line item invoice on why $23,000 is required to install a motor that this frame was designed to accept from day 1.
My rule of đź‘Ť is no more than the cost of parts for labor. I got quoted (out of curiosity) $700 to install TBC today at the dealer.... pppbbt, I'll do it myself in 1 hour or less and save $450.

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392

I'm just saying a cold air intake is largely unnecessary on the 392 Wrangler, since air can come through the hood vent.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I'm just saying a cold air intake is largely unnecessary on the 392 Wrangler, since air can come through the hood vent.
Yeah i gotcha. Im asking more as a “why” do these conversions cost so much. All of the parts are available from Mopar and they’re charging 2x on top of it for “fabrication and labor”

Id like to hemi swap, but when i can put a blower on the 3.6 for 1/6 to 1/4 the price? Having a hard time justifying.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Yeah i gotcha. Im asking more as a “why” do these conversions cost so much. All of the parts are available from Mopar and they’re charging 2x on top of it for “fabrication and labor”

Id like to hemi swap, but when i can put a blower on the 3.6 for 1/6 to 1/4 the price? Having a hard time justifying.
  • 485 horsepower
  • 475 lb.-ft. of torque
not with a blower, maybe + nitrous in shots when needed

NE1 know what the 850RE mated to the 3.6 is rated at?

OP
OP
jeepit

jeepit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
Vehicle Showcase
wrangler 392 & challenger have air box routed to driver side,
So, i was looking something that goes to passengers side. Found one made by mopar for dart but it’s discontinued :( Would have been perfect with few modifications.
DODGE DART

DODGE CHALLENGER

WRANGLER 392
Jeep Gladiator Hood scoop Cold Air Intake (CAI) System for MOJAVE 1615001841636

Devil Dog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave, 2023 Rubicon 392
  • 485 horsepower
  • 475 lb.-ft. of torque

Not 485/475 :CWL:
I started one up the other day and the exhaust note gave me a woody :rock:

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
  • 485 horsepower
  • 475 lb.-ft. of torque

Magnusson kit via livernois is 450 i think? And thats without meth. At elevation youd crush a 392 unless they are one of the “we make at the wheels what we advertise at the crank” deals.

Trans is a good point. I think you might run out of transmission if you dropped in forge pistons and turned up a siv3 or 1900. Id have to see which zf this one is based off of.

$6500 blower. 1000-1500for Aquamist meth. Garage diy install no problem. You arent even at the parts cost of a hemi yet. Hemi will always have more potential, sure...and yeah if i had the money id do a hemi...but whats the real goal? Drag racing a jeep? Or getting a heavy ass truck over the mountain pass more easily? If the latter, Edelbrock is turn key fully tuned and trans tuned for $6300

I dunno. I cant spend hemi money in any scenario so i need to pick a blower.

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Not 485/475 :CWL:
I started one up the other day and the exhaust note gave me a woody :rock:
I've rented a few of Challengers with and without the Hemi going from Charlotte to my dad's place in Tennessee (about 2 hours). The Pentastar is respectable in that platform, but the Hemi is really a must. There is no comparison. BUT, put a well tuned 3.6 with a blower, maybe it gets close?? I don't know, I would have to see the numbers. Low end torque is really key in a Jeep IMHO, and the Hemi I think is going to win that battle. How much do we really need though in all honesty. We may need new axles etc. hahah $$$$

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
You lost me at
" siv3 or 1900. Id have to see which zf this one is based off of. "

Aquamist nice...water = oxygen!!
lol

Last edited:

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The wrangler hood vent is functional on the 392.
Functional as in how? According to the description above, all it does is direct air into the engine compartment to lower the engine temp. It doesn't state that it directs air into the intake directly.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
What's your vector Victor?