First Name
Hop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Welder
About 2 hours in on a 4 hour drive I experienced a very noticeable but short blast of hot humid air rising from the front floorboards. AC had been run the entire time. My buddy ridding shotgun looked over at me and we both said, what is that. I even adjusted the AC directly to the floor to help cool our feet. Within a few seconds it was gone. Seems like everytime I take a minimum 2 hour drive this happens again. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Shahzeb719

First Name
Shahzeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 4XE, 2022 JT Mojave
I’ve been experiencing the same thing! Drove 2 hours yesterday and during the ride I felt just warm humid air coming from the foot area. I had my windows lowered with no AC and I could drastically feel the difference form the cool outside air coming from the windows vs the warm humid air from the floor. Only way this might be possible is the air somehow coming from the engine bay.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
About 2 hours in on a 4 hour drive I experienced a very noticeable but short blast of hot humid air rising from the front floorboards. AC had been run the entire time. My buddy ridding shotgun looked over at me and we both said, what is that. I even adjusted the AC directly to the floor to help cool our feet. Within a few seconds it was gone. Seems like everytime I take a minimum 2 hour drive this happens again. Thoughts?
Check these threads,
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/hot-air-coming-from-behind-glove-box.31838/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/a-c-sudden-burst-of-warm-air.31532/

OP
OP
David T Hopkins
First Name
Hop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Welder
Yeah I don't know about the needing fresh air in the cabin for your health thing. An additional electronic door flap would have to be on the firewall and on a timer. Living in east Texas the AC lives on high. Usually the dash vents. The temperature from that air is never effected. It only comes from below.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
If the Recirc is turned on, it will periodically open the fresh air vent. Mine does it about every 45 minutes during continuous use. I run mine in manual mode with the AC and Recirc on and temp set to 68 year round.
Sponsored