First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just picked up my new Gladiator from Kent in Idaho, and he warned me that Hothead Headliners (while awesome and the best sound reduction out there) are having an adhesive problem. He's had multiple customers whose Headliners have fallen off, and the company has had to send stronger adhesive out for all pieces (top, sides, and sound assassin strips). He warned me to contact them and make sure they sent the stronger adhesive with my order.

Anyone else seen this issue? Given that Las Vegas will hit 115F this summer, that's definitely a concern for me
Sponsored

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
I haven’t had an issue with them I love them haven’t loosened up at all. Granted I’m not in Las Vegas heat. But as long as you prep it properly (light sanding and clean with alcohol) there shouldn’t be an issue

solfrost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator
I've only had mine in for a month or so but they seem to be holding up so far, hoping they stay that way! It's been fairly cool/cold around here in MD, I made liberal use of a heat gun while I was applying everything, hopefully that will have helped.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
No issues with mine either.
Looks great!

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
My rears fell down but are caught on the inner trim so I haven't fixed it yet. They still work great. Fronts and sides are good though.

Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I was having the issue with mine. Called the company. They quickly sent out to me new heavy duty 3M tape, a new tool and links to video detailing installing with the new tape. Zero issues with the new tape following their instructions to the letter.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I just got mine in the mail today and installed the fronts. It had the regular 3M VHB tape on it, and I also have sound assassin underneath it. Did it indoors, let it bond most of the day, installed about 2 hours ago and it’s about 35 degrees out. I’ll let you know if they’re still attached tomorrow morning when I head to work. The cold will be a good test

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I just got mine in the mail today and installed the fronts. It had the regular 3M VHB tape on it, and I also have sound assassin underneath it. Did it indoors, let it bond most of the day, installed about 2 hours ago and it’s about 35 degrees out. I’ll let you know if they’re still attached tomorrow morning when I head to work. The cold will be a good test
Backs done too, no issues and done in 40 degree weather. Ran the heat on the truck for about 20 minutes before installing.

Sponsored

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
I had issues with my rear side panels. They took care of me adap with new tape. All better. Great customer service
I opted to not get the Mopar headliners for my Rubi, and am considering the Hotheads.

However, I don't want to buy a pricey aftermarket brand if it has durability issues staying attached, regardless of weather temps/environmental conditions.

So any more recent users experiences with the Hotheads?

Are the current units being shipped with the better/heavier duty adhesive tape? ... Are the panels coming unattached at random still a thing?

Thanks!

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
My rears popped loose. he is sending me new adhesive. not the end of the world. I bet the newer adhesive will be a running change.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
My rears popped loose. he is sending me new adhesive. not the end of the world. I bet the newer adhesive will be a running change.
Thanks.

Well, if I ordered them today, would they come with the new adhesive or the old weaker stuff? I'd want to install it right the first time.

No reports of the MOPAR headliners falling off, not that I've seen anyway.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Thanks.

Well, if I ordered them today, would they come with the new adhesive or the old weaker stuff? I'd want to install it right the first time.

No idea. New box is here already don't have time to swap it just yet.
He sent some application videos too. I didn't follow them exactly so if maybe partly my fault

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Thanks.

mopar headliners are done at the factory in what I would assume is a climate controlled atmosphere. It’s not old weaker stuff vs new stuff. It’s 3M VHB brand and sometimes with cold weather it doesn’t have the ability to bond the way it should. Adhesives should be warm to help the bonding process. Mopar has had significant time to bond. I wouldn’t dream to call hothead expensive. It’s cheaper than the Mopar option, comes in different colors, and overwhelmingly has not had issues with adhesive on the majority of applications.

That, plus their customer service is A1. If you’re concerned, you could always ask them to send some extra VHB and I’m sure they’d oblige. Otherwise you can buy a roll for cheap on amazon.
That being said, I did my fronts indoors and my rear top in 40 degree weather and they held up fine. I followed their directions to a tee for cold weather install.
Sponsored