Sponsored

How else do you use your winch?

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Haven't done it yet, but I have some deadfall up on the canyon wall that needs to come down. Too steep and loose to get any machinery up there. Too big to do it by hand with any control. Buildings down below a lot of it too... Careful application of force required.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Pulled my neighbor's generator off a cart and onto the slab he'd made for it. Good chance to rewind it, too, check everything over. Truck is over in my back driveway, winch rope goes across both driveways to his yard north of his shop.

Jeep Gladiator How else do you use your winch? 20210328_175210_HDR

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Pulled my neighbor's generator off a cart and onto the slab he'd made for it. Good chance to rewind it, too, check everything over. Truck is over in my back driveway, winch rope goes across both driveways to his yard north of his shop.

Jeep Gladiator How else do you use your winch? 20210328_175210_HDR
Did he just let it drop? Looks like a foot or so.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Did he just let it drop? Looks like a foot or so.
No, we got it close to balanced then set 4x4s under the rear frame rails and pulled my lawn tractor ahead with the cart while the winch held it from moving forward. We slowly set the back end down on the 4x4s and pulled the cart forward until it was almost off the cart, then set a small floor jack under that end to hold it while driving the lawn tractor forward to get the cart clear out. Then we pulled the jack out of the front end and used my winch to pull it back to center on the pad and used a jack to get the 4x4s out from under that end.

HouseOfWolves

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
✌

Holy Hell!

I thought this thread was about Wenches... Still, not disappointed.

All kidding aside, on a scouting camping trip in February we got caught in an ice storm. During our exodus, many trees were down blocking our path. I had my JTR exactly 3 weeks. No mods -- no nothing. I told the wife, upon returning, a new bumper and winch were going to happen,. She agreed.

New winch coming this week.
Sponsored