First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Freelance Stamp Collector
That's why I put it in quotes... haha! Trying to make sure it was clear that it was just a hypothetical quote! HAHA!

I know you weren't saying that, that's why I quoted @Br4hm4 .

As far as your actual experience... you definitely handled it better than I would have. I'd have been taking a drive down to Pearland to stomp a mudhole in someone's ass. You try and rob me, we're going to have problems. The whole 'It's just money, it's not worth it.' or 'They are just things, it's not worth it.' mentality drives me nuts. That money, or those things, are a physical representation of hundreds of hours of my life that I will not get back.
I wanted to stop a mudhole in someone. I also realized that Visa has the lawyers and financial power to stomp a mudhole better than I could. The real point that I was trying to make for people is that you need to protect yourself out there and in some cases this is not 100% obvious what is protecting and what is not. If you are making a purchase of thousands of dollars and the vendor says that they only take cash RUN. The small discount of a couple hundred dollars that they offered me to pay cash would have cost me $7000 when they took my money and ran.
Also, to follow up with the information that I got from Magnuson was that they have no control over how their vendors do business and that the best that they were willing to do to help was to recommend some other vendors. Needless to say, this is the reason I will not be getting a supercharger.
Sponsored

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
I wanted to stop a mudhole in someone. I also realized that Visa has the lawyers and financial power to stomp a mudhole better than I could. The real point that I was trying to make for people is that you need to protect yourself out there and in some cases this is not 100% obvious what is protecting and what is not. If you are making a purchase of thousands of dollars and the vendor says that they only take cash RUN. The small discount of a couple hundred dollars that they offered me to pay cash would have cost me $7000 when they took my money and ran.
Also, to follow up with the information that I got from Magnuson was that they have no control over how their vendors do business and that the best that they were willing to do to help was to recommend some other vendors. Needless to say, this is the reason I will not be getting a supercharger.
Yeah, I hear ya.

And of course, if you do the install yourself, the warranty doesn't exist.

OP
OP
brotharon

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, I hear ya.

And of course, if you do the install yourself, the warranty doesn't exist.
And of course you want the warranty because your gladiator is still probably under factory warranty and you need that peace of mind with Jeep products.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
lol Not exactly a similar example...unless you are dropping thousands of dollars on a girl just to be lied to for 4+ months. But you can associate things any way you want to. I have other toys that I spend money on that have support from companies that take care of their customers.

OP
OP
brotharon

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
YOU DEFINITELY HAVE PEOPLE AWAITING FOR UPDATES LIKE TIPS YOU GAVE
Update: I do not, and will not have a supercharged Gladiator. After what I went through I decided that it is just not something I want to put myself through again.
I did wind up getting all of my money back after the vendor that I was making my purchase through tried to rip me off for thousands of unearned dollars.
mid you want specifics about things to be cautious of that lease feel free to reach out to me and I will do my best to help you out.
the best advise that I can give is the same as I did before. Pay with a credit card for major purchases like this. The charge back is a powerful consumer tool. I am not saying take advantage of folks or misuse this, but in my situation, had I paid cash, I would never have seen my money again. 10k is not a life changing amount of money, but it is not an amount I want to get ripped off for.
If you didn’t figure it out, I had to use the visa chargeback to get the vendor to return my money. It was painful, both because I felt robbed and because I don’t like having to action like this against local businesses.
I hope this helps someone else.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Update: I do not, and will not have a supercharged Gladiator. After what I went through I decided that it is just not something I want to put myself through again.
I did wind up getting all of my money back after the vendor that I was making my purchase through tried to rip me off for thousands of unearned dollars.
mid you want specifics about things to be cautious of that lease feel free to reach out to me and I will do my best to help you out.
the best advise that I can give is the same as I did before. Pay with a credit card for major purchases like this. The charge back is a powerful consumer tool. I am not saying take advantage of folks or misuse this, but in my situation, had I paid cash, I would never have seen my money again. 10k is not a life changing amount of money, but it is not an amount I want to get ripped off for.
If you didn’t figure it out, I had to use the visa chargeback to get the vendor to return my money. It was painful, both because I felt robbed and because I don’t like having to action like this against local businesses.
I hope this helps someone else.
Ok, how is the new job and the new home?

Hope you are settling into life in Colorado.

Where in Colorado did you move? There is some truly beautiful country in those mountains

Hoping you continue to enjoy your Gladiator

OP
OP
brotharon

brotharon

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ok, how is the new job and the new home?

Hope you are settling into life in Colorado.

Where in Colorado did you move? There is some truly beautiful country in those mountains

Hoping you continue to enjoy your Gladiator
the new job is great. I love working on spacecraft, and I am super blessed to get to work on my passion for a company that values my contribution.
We actually just closed on a house in Castle Rock. I work in Denver, but we love it down here and it is worth the drive, which is only about 25 mins each way.
Still getting all settled in, but we are planning to get out into those mountains, there are some pretty active off-road groups around here.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
the new job is great. I love working on spacecraft, and I am super blessed to get to work on my passion for a company that values my contribution.
We actually just closed on a house in Castle Rock. I work in Denver, but we love it down here and it is worth the drive, which is only about 25 mins each way.
Still getting all settled in, but we are planning to get out into those mountains, there are some pretty active off-road groups around here.
Nice warning on the issues with some shops. Truly, do hard research on any shop you intend to use for work like this.

My shop, I started by taking small hybrid repairs there that other non-technical shops couldn't handle. I paid attention to what they were working on, what the shop leadership was driving, how they treated me and other customers. I talked to other customers that had major tuning work done there. I paid attention to the quality of the rides being worked on, were they rush tuner jobs with tin can drone exhausts, or did they have quality exhaust with note. Were they running larger cams causing lope, what was the reaction when a customer did have an issue. (BTW, the one issue I have seen with a car worked on there, the owner was appalled, it was really a small issue but his quality standard made it unacceptable). He expects his shop to treat every vehicle as if he owns the vehicle.

If you change your mind in the future, I believe we have a couple users up there actually running Magnuson's. I am sure they can hook you up with a shop you can trust.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your ride.
Sponsored