Sponsored

How much more comfortable is the Overland?

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I currently have the sport and Im either upgrading to a 23 Overland or theres a nice 21 Rubicon close by. If i dont do those im getting the silverado LT Trail Boss as it has more room in the backseats for my two car seats. What I am debating is the overall comfort or overall drive that much better in the Overland or even the Rubicon than my sport thats stock.
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Tires will make some difference in the ride. If you still have the "car tires" that come on the Sport, heavier, bigger tires like the Falkens may ride rougher. Consensus seems to be that the Mojave ride is the best, suspension wise.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I currently have the sport and Im either upgrading to a 23 Overland or theres a nice 21 Rubicon close by. If i dont do those im getting the silverado LT Trail Boss as it has more room in the backseats for my two car seats. What I am debating is the overall comfort or overall drive that much better in the Overland or even the Rubicon than my sport thats stock.
Test drive. Ride is subjective. Overland have different shocks and tires in a sport. Rubicon has different shocks and tires in the sport or overland. I have the Falcon mud terrains, and have no complaints.

OP
OP
Clarkr32

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tires will make some difference in the ride. If you still have the "car tires" that come on the Sport, heavier, bigger tires like the Falkens may ride rougher. Consensus seems to be that the Mojave ride is the best, suspension wise.
I heard this too about the Mojave but some guy jumped all over me insisting this was a lie. Pretty juvenile but there’s a 23 overland an hour from for 43k so considering that the rubicon is a 21 with 23k miles for 42k

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I've got a sport S max tow, and can tell you it is a much stiffer ride compared to my dad's Rubicon. My ride also got worse going from the stock max tow tires to Falken MTs. I'd also suggest test driving them, and if you want one grab an overland while you can as they are discontinued next year. I'd probably jump to the Mojave as it'll likely be a bit more desirable down the road if you go to resell.

Sponsored

GeneralMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM
I heard this too about the Mojave but some guy jumped all over me insisting this was a lie. Pretty juvenile but there’s a 23 overland an hour from for 43k so considering that the rubicon is a 21 with 23k miles for 42k
My Mojave is the smoothest stock jeep ive ever driven

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I heard this too about the Mojave but some guy jumped all over me insisting this was a lie
I wouldn't call it a lie so much as personal preference disguising itself as fact. This is completely anecdotal, but when the subject comes up here most agree the mojave has the superior on-road ride. A smaller but vocal portion say it's the overland. The real answer probably lies with what you expect your daily to do because if you're driving smooth roads, the overland is probably better. If you drive through philadelphia or what I imagine most major cities are like, the mojave's strength is rough terrain at speed, which is exactly what most city driving is.

The absolute best is probably a mojave on street tires if we're to sit around and speculate.

OP
OP
Clarkr32

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't call it a lie so much as personal preference disguising itself as fact. This is completely anecdotal, but when the subject comes up here most agree the mojave has the superior on-road ride. A smaller but vocal portion say it's the overland. The real answer probably lies with what you expect your daily to do because if you're driving smooth roads, the overland is probably better. If you drive through philadelphia or what I imagine most major cities are like, the mojave's strength is rough terrain at speed, which is exactly what most city driving is.

The absolute best is probably a mojave on street tires if we're to sit around and speculate.
This makes sense and for Illinois potholes are everywhere thanks to Chicago just taking all the money and doing nothing with it.

OP
OP
Clarkr32

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got a sport S max tow, and can tell you it is a much stiffer ride compared to my dad's Rubicon. My ride also got worse going from the stock max tow tires to Falken MTs. I'd also suggest test driving them, and if you want one grab an overland while you can as they are discontinued next year. I'd probably jump to the Mojave as it'll likely be a bit more desirable down the road if you go to resell.
Great insight I appreciate a comparison to the rubicon as I’ve yet to drive it

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer

THIS^^^^
I passed on a 21 MOJAVE manual for the 21 Sport because of the clutch recall. I'm still on the fence whether I regret the choice I made. I hated the shifter being so fat and the ring you had to pull up on, add in the clutch fire thing and I went with the sport instead ( AND the sport had leather and a Camper shell and a few other upgrades the Mojave didn't. But dang, I do wish I had that suspension and locker and the Mojave was Black ( It was so sick!)

Such is life....

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Overland - Best Daily driver/family hauler/Saturday night date night, good mild offroader/towing
Rubicon - Best Off the road beast/rock crawler, good for everything else

Tires play a huge factor in on road ride comfort.

KevinC

OP
OP
Clarkr32

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IF you test drive the Silverado first, no Gladiator model is going to compare in terms of comfort in daily use street driving.
I’m looking at a LT trail boss which is a very nice ride and the backseat is so much bigger so I’m getting a ton of pressure from the wife consider second child comes in Dec

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m looking at a LT trail boss which is a very nice ride and the backseat is so much bigger so I’m getting a ton of pressure from the wife consider second child comes in Dec
Just my two cents, if you want to keep a Gladiator because that is actually what you want, then do that. The 95% of the time you are driving that Silverado if you were to buy it with out having the kids in the back and actually using it, you will pine for having the Gladiator.

For most men, their escapism from the drudgery of family life is having a hobby that is theirs alone and in many cases, it is their vehicle. Woman flat out will not care if it emasculates you giving up something that only benefits her and the kids alone.

Two kids is easily doable in a Gladiator. Is more lockable secure space is needed, then get a lockable bed cover or top.

OP
OP
Clarkr32

Clarkr32

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just my two cents, if you want to keep a Gladiator because that is actually what you want, then do that. The 95% of the time you are driving that Silverado if you were to buy it with out having the kids in the back and actually using it, you will pine for having the Gladiator.

For most men, their escapism from the drudgery of family life is having a hobby that is theirs alone and in many cases, it is their vehicle. Woman flat out will not care if it emasculates you giving up something that only benefits her and the kids alone.

Two kids is easily doable in a Gladiator. Is more lockable secure space is needed, then get a lockable bed cover or top.
No my wife is just high maintenance and wants all the room In the world she thinks she lives in the hood and slides her seat back excessively. She’s ok with gladiator but def wants Silverado. Eventually thought I would be buying a fun older 2dr wrangler so that’s my justification
Sponsored