Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
My 2 boys love my Gladiator and that's all that matters to me.

And I don't care about getting anyone's approval or attention, but I will say in the short 4 months of ownership, my Gladiator has garnered more "nice car / truck!" than any of the other vehicles I've owned (and I've owned some nice cars).

No matter where you take it, it's fun. :jk:
My two young sons also think ours is awesome
Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
My 2 boys love my Gladiator and that's all that matters to me.

And I don't care about getting anyone's approval or attention, but I will say in the short 4 months of ownership, my Gladiator has garnered more "nice car / truck!" than any of the other vehicles I've owned (and I've owned some nice cars).

No matter where you take it, it's fun. :jk:
This..... My 12 year old son had 3 of his friends over this past weekend and I took them for a ride in the Gladiator with doors and top off. They went nuts and had a blast. You would have thought they were on a roller coaster. His favorite thing to say is “This is going to be mine when I start driving.” I think I created a monster.

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The Gladiator puts a twist on everything, at least for me. I am using mine as a truck. Farm truck/work truck. It tows on a regular basis, hauls wood for BBq, does construction work. On the weekends when it is nice, the family and I ride around with the top off and sometimes we do not stop when the road runs out
Me too! I didn’t need a big RAM 1500 anymore. And because I’ve owned many Wranglers in the past it made sense to buy a JT.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
We used to laugh at most 4x4's saying that my wife's Subaru has done more off roading than them. Honestly, we have put multiple Subaru's through the wringer.
The new Jeep was bought as a work truck, not a rock crawler. It has pulled a couple of small trailers (waiting on OE controller...), pulled around some vehicles and will be working it's butt off in the snow. It will also be doing a lot of beach duty starting later today-which will not show signs of use. I just hope it does better than that RAM 1500 we watched the tide come over on July 4...

Sponsored

Blknblu

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Viper, 1968 Coronet R/T, 2011 Mopar 11. 2020 Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
All my vehicles are mall crawlers and not being used as intended. I just like cars and i like to keep them pristine.

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
People get pissed when culture is co-opted. Saw it in the punk scene. Long ago if you had a Ramones shirt on, and I'm talking 30+ years here.... You had something in common with that other person in the same shirt. Bands sell out, get more popular and more and more people get into it. Literally been at shows where two guys are arguing about who got into whatever band first. It no longer becomes special. I now see people in Misfits shirts that don't know it's a band. :headbang:
You do not even have to go to a mall now. You can order any identity you want from the internet.

If I had dred locks I would be accosted for cultural appropriation.

I saw that with traditional hot rods too. Could not drive your trad hot rod without some asshole calling it a "rat rod." Go on Jalopyjournal and see.

We see it here. I dig my jeep. I'd love to overland in it eventually. I like trying new trails. But it's a DD. Not gonna totally risk jacking up my DD on something like Eagle Rock out here.
We talk about the Jeep Wave and a common bond over driving a vehicle that is different. I do get the frustration when culture is co-opted, but I'd think willingly subscribing to a forum and participating in the culture on a deeper level absolves you of that label.

It's easy to get snarky about certain things. Angry Jeeps could be their own meme. My Audi buddies and I can get that way about the bastardization of the B5 S4, which can easily be picked up for a song. What was once a 45K car in 2001 is now subjected to Pep Boys tuning.

Perhaps we need forum stickers or ....badges. Makes it easier to spot members and buy a guy or gal a beer.

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
People get pissed when culture is co-opted. Saw it in the punk scene. Long ago if you had a Ramones shirt on, and I'm talking 30+ years here.... You had something in common with that other person in the same shirt.
This hit me in the feels. Ramones, Misfits, etc. A common shirt meant you had a bond. Now something common simply means the fellow consumer fell for some advertising somewhere along the way.

1987 I was 16, so true.

I was in another forum and people were arguing that keanu reeves wasnt famous or able to be identified on the street until after john wick. I felt old, angry and amused all at the same time.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yup. Go rent SLC Punk. It will take you back. I did a podcast a while ago about coming from a punk background and moving into educating kids. PM me and I will send it to you.

This hit me in the feels. Ramones, Misfits, etc. A common shirt meant you had a bond. Now something common simply means the fellow consumer fell for some advertising somewhere along the way.

1987 I was 16, so true.

I was in another forum and people were arguing that keanu reeves wasnt famous or able to be identified on the street until after john wick. I felt old, angry and amused all at the same time.

Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, my OCD has turned into mall crawling......

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Go rent SLC Punk. It will take you back. I did a podcast a while ago about coming from a punk background and moving into educating kids. PM me and I will send it to you.
Great Fing movie.

"We can do a hell of a lot more damage in the system than outside of it. That was the final irony, I think. That, and well, this. And "fuck you" for all of you who were thinking it: I guess when all was said and done, I was nothing more than a God-damned, trendy-ass poser."

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
A lot of truth in that statement.

Great Fing movie.

"We can do a hell of a lot more damage in the system than outside of it. That was the final irony, I think. That, and well, this. And "fuck you" for all of you who were thinking it: I guess when all was said and done, I was nothing more than a God-damned, trendy-ass poser."

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Another way to spot a mall crawler
Perfectly rolled winch line :)
That COULD also be a sign of a well-built rig, and an experienced driver. ;)

I haven't had to use mine yet, so it's still perfectly rolled, but I'm also VERY OCD, so even after using it, I still try to roll it back up as straight as possible.
Sponsored