OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
So I’m planning a trip out to Moab….
I know the payload ratings vary….
Do ya think I’m near the limits , I really need all this equipment to make the trip enjoyable;)

13BE0B08-8319-4DAF-B229-023B790AACC4.jpeg

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
I got some humorous racing stories... or stories that involve racers.

We were pitted near Ken Schrader (NASCAR racer) when he was in town to race the Truck series. Our pits were behind his. And if anyone is slightly familiar with Kenny S., then you know what happened to him at Evergreen Speedway that summer. His crew was working on the truck and he wasn't watching where he put his hands - or rather thumbs. Lopped off the tip of one thumb.

///

Me and some buddies were watching a hobby class race a heat race (compacts like Rabbits, Civics, Pintos, etc), and we watched the 2nd and 3rd place cars battle in the closing laps. We could see through the back windows of the cars from our vantage point, and we could see the #2 guy watching the #3 guy in his mirror. #3 would go outside, #2 would see it and block.

Went on this way for a few laps. When the race ended, the #3 guy kept his foot in the gas going into the first turn of the cool down lap. Nailed #2 in the door, turned him sideways, and proceeded to push him off the track, tire smoke billowing from the front wheels.

We were laughing, because the #2 guy deserved it. So walking through the pits after the race, a guy reached into the car of the #2 guy, ripped out the mirror, said "You'd win a lot more races if you didn't watch this" and threw it across the pits.

///
Our first win on the Northwest Tour happened by luck and skill. In the first 50 laps of the race, the top 4 in points (including us) were all on pit road for flat tires after a bad wreck. We changed tires and came out at the back of the field and started marching forward. The points leader had more trouble, and ended up laps down. We climbed back up into the top 5 when more crashes occurred. We got tangled up in one and the right front fender was flapping, only connected at the rear. We were sitting 3rd at the time. NASCAR came over the radio and said we had to come in and take off the fender. We argued and said no, you have to come in. Meanwhile, the points leader came along side the car, and relayed over the radio to have the driver drive straight. He did. He gassed it and drove down the side of our car, ripping off the fender. NASCAR came back to us and said, "Nevermind, the fender fell off." We got into 2nd place and closing on the leader when the leader broke a timing chain. Held on to win.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
My sister and b-i-l bought a house in a farm-y area of the state.

Old friends live not too far away and they started selling beef. I told my sister I'd totally buy their cows if they got some. Especially with the company name I came up with for them.

My b-i-l has a German last name that is mispronounced enough that in high school he was called Hey B*tch.

Hey B*tch Beef.

I'd buy that.

Papa Tiger

First Name
P T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150's
Puppy dog laws of motion:
1) If stuff is flung everywhere, amid great clamor and consternation - but you yourself are travelling in the direction you intended to go; it is called co-ordination.
2) A Puppy at rest tends to remain at rest as long as you are looking
3) A Vector is a body at a steady speed in a constant direction. A Delta Vee is a changing vector. A Puppy is a Delta "PEE" - where "PEE" is expressed as the last known Indication of Position
4) In order to bring about a change of motion, some form of energy must be consumed. Scooby snacks are very useful for this
5) Occasionally Puppies may lose their internal GPS co-ordinates and have to be retrieved - the reset function is located in the tail
6) Speed is relative. If anything is left of your favorite shoes or boots when you find them, they were relatively tasteless...

Other notes:
Recent studies may have uncovered an ability that Puppies have to prioritise and assign values:
Given any choice - Puppies will invariably chew on the most expensive item first!

Puppy fur is wash and wear. If you have a Puppy - any fur that gets into your washing machine you get to wear.

PUPPY DEFINED: "Diversion/Portable - Self Guiding/Organic" see also "Delivery System, Water/Mud Slurry"

"Portable Party Leftover Eliminator; 01 EA"

"General Rodent Remover" (Yep - "Grr")

The riskiest:
"Portable Organic Outer Perimeter Excrement Replenisher" ... (In charge of maintaining the "DOO" Line)