Sponsored

Hurricane Engine Tests Well in Wagoneer

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is one of the few things that could get me to replace my Gladiator anytime soon.

Though I would not risk a first or second year production vehicle unless I was leasing.

ReverendZ

First Name
Zebulon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Mack's Toe Nacho
Occupation
Powersports Technical Support
I'd be on a straight six turbo engine in a gladiator in a heartbeat, will have to look into engine swapping in the future...🤔

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be on a straight six turbo engine in a gladiator in a heartbeat, will have to look into engine swapping in the future...🤔

If the new truck is offered with the Hurricane, then selling and re-buying makes the most sense. A swap is going to be $25k minimum unless you find a junkyard one and do the work yourself.

ReverendZ

First Name
Zebulon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Mack's Toe Nacho
Occupation
Powersports Technical Support
If the new truck is offered with the Hurricane, then selling and re-buying makes the most sense. A swap is going to be $25k minimum unless you find a junkyard one and do the work yourself.
I'd be the junkyard scrounge guy, the worst part would be engine management and synchronization with the rest of the can-bus systems to make it function correctly.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be the junkyard scrounge guy, the worst part would be engine management and synchronization with the rest of the can-bus systems to make it function correctly.
Yes, though it would certainly be easier than trying to make a Chevy LT1 work, like Motec does with their Wrangler.

I think generally its pretty straightforward with a Hemi (I'm not going to say simple, ha) It should be the same with a Huricane.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
It wont fit in the gladiator. It will need a front engine and cooling stack redesign. We wont see it till the next model comes out.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
It wont fit in the gladiator. It will need a front engine and cooling stack redesign. We wont see it till the next model comes out.
That's what I've heard.
A tech just back from class on them said that anything past the intake on the Wagoneer and they have to pull the cab off.

Sponsored

V8flooz

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20211 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Real Estate
Please, please, please find a way to get this engine under the Gladiator hood!

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2023-jeep-wagoneer-l-hurricane-i-6-first-test-review/

Jeep Gladiator Hurricane Engine Tests Well in Wagoneer Hurricane
A word of caution from a guy who's owned easily 75 vehicles. Don't buy something with a "first year" motor. It's easy to get caught up in The latest and greatest", I've done it. Own two Jeeps, IMO, the best they've ever offered, a 392 Wrangler, and a diesel Gladiator. Both are seat of the pants fun to drive. The Hurricane motor looks very promising, I admit. Hope it's a winner. $119 for a Jeep though! Wow!

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
14.1 quarter mile time is impressive.

But a 95.1 MPH trap speed? That doesn't seem right. Trap speed should be higher, or it's really running out of breath at the end of the quarter. 95 MPH trap speed is typical for about a 15 second quarter mile.

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
If the Hurricane could be made to fit the Gladiator, which seems doubtful, it would probably make it a 100k+ vehicle. Right?

I really don't care how fas I get to the next red light. I want low end grunt. I want to climb a grade on 37s without screaming in 4th gear if I do't intervene.

I can't justify that but props to those that can!
Sponsored