Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Having owned 8 Jeeps prior to my JT, I much prefer the painted to the black plastic. Simply because after a few years of exposure, the black ones fade and look bad. Yes, there’s stuff you can apply that serves a temp fix, and there’s the heat gun method of bringing back the black, but that gets old and cumbersome.
Honestly, you’ll get as many opinions on that as you’d get on what’s the best pizza topping.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
I agree with this. Got the black fenders, and wished I had the painted, until I started going off road. I have so many knicks in my rear fenders from rocks, couldn’t imagine what painted fenders would have looked like.
Are both black and body color fenders made of the same material as the car body like say the doors?

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Having owned 8 Jeeps prior to my JT, I much prefer the painted to the black plastic. Simply because after a few years of exposure, the black ones fade and look bad. Yes, there’s stuff you can apply that serves a temp fix, and there’s the heat gun method of bringing back the black, but that gets old and cumbersome.
Honestly, you’ll get as many opinions on that as you’d get on what’s the best pizza topping.
Thanks, glad I have both sides weighing-in.

Opinions are great on both sides from you very experienced guys...From there I have to pick what makes the most sence to me (of course)

Do you know what material the black and body color fenders are made of (same, different)? Thanks!

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Thanks, glad I have both sides weighing-in.

Opinions are great on both sides from you very experienced guys...From there I have to pick what makes the most sence to me (of course)

Do you know what material the black and body color fenders are made of (same, different)? Thanks!
I don’t know for certain what the materials of each are. My very unscientific test tells me they are different.
The wife’s 20 JLU has the black fenders and my 21 JT has painted. If I go just behind the front wheel, about half way up, and push on the flare, hers push in more than mine do. Hers also have a slightly more hollow sound than mine if I knock on the top of them.
Again, very unscientific approach, so take that for what it’s worth.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Are both black and body color fenders made of the same material as the car body like say the doors?
Black and body color fenders are both made of plastic. The doors are metal. Probably aluminum.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Folks, I continue to "feast" on the majestic nature of H-Blue, especially when photoed in nature with all of land, sea, and sky in the background. It is a natural out there.

It seems that this color is one that changes from light to a darker blue (more sun) depending on how much sun-light is out (they both look great so not an issue). Many auto-paint colors do this to some degree, and some more than others.

Am I corect in my observation about H-Blue and sun-light, or is it a "figment of my looking at pictures on the internet" imagination?

SC Doberman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Folks, I continue to "feast" on the majestic nature of H-Blue, especially when photoed in nature with all of land, sea, and sky in the background. It is a natural out there.

It seems that this color is one that changes from light to a darker blue (more sun) depending on how much sun-light is out (they both look great so not an issue). Many auto-paint colors do this to some degree, and some more than others.

Am I corect in my observation about H-Blue and sun-light, or is it a "figment of my looking at pictures on the internet" imagination?
I see the same thing. Pretty cool how the amount of ambient light changes the shade of blue

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.

Let me see if I can help you out with that…
Sunny day blue
Jeep Gladiator HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club C772AAA4-9D5C-4F7A-B509-F5B56553BF97

Cloudy day blue
Jeep Gladiator HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club 0880BC8D-30F7-4D92-88FB-CC577ADD6B18

Close to dusk blue
Jeep Gladiator HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club F4A39992-6133-4035-B8A5-F11D97904EA8

And night time blue (the night I bought it)
Jeep Gladiator HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club BEDA7DD7-9F79-43FD-B0D3-110E3BED17DD

Hope that helps.

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
My Overland with 34s (yeah, I know, really 33s) and leveling kit. Love my Hydro Blue and saddle color combo.

Jeep Gladiator HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club A1C10B19-B6E1-416F-A323-1E58E23D118A

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Let me see if I can help you out with that…
Sunny day blue
Jeep Gladiator HYDRO BLUE PEARL Gladiator JT Club A1C10B19-B6E1-416F-A323-1E58E23D118A

Cloudy day blue

Close to dusk blue

And night time blue (the night I bought it)

Hope that helps.
Awsome My Friend, thanks very much!

That is quite a smile on your face too, I can see why such a unique and functional truck...

Looking forward to getting mine.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Awsome My Friend, thanks very much!

That is quite a smile on your face too, I can see why such a unique and functional truck...

Looking forward to getting mine.
You’re quite welcome.
Admittedly, I’m not a fan of the color blue. I’m a born and raised Buckeye, and as such have a genetic dislike for all things blue.
However, there was just something about Hydro that really popped. The way the color changes, the depth of the color tone, just something I couldn’t put my finger on. It’s one of those colors that my buddies say looks “awesome” and female friends call “so pretty.”

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You’re quite welcome.
Admittedly, I’m not a fan of the color blue. I’m a born and raised Buckeye, and as such have a genetic dislike for all things blue.
However, there was just something about Hydro that really popped. The way the color changes, the depth of the color tone, just something I couldn’t put my finger on. It’s one of those colors that my buddies say looks “awesome” and female friends call “so pretty.”
That is an interesting tidbit my Friend, but I totally understand...

The only color I really can't take is Gray. After 4 years on a ship in the US-Navy in the 1970's I had enough gray for a lifetime - LOL! And that includes just about on anything not just cars.

My favorate colors on cars are red, blue, sand, and that Taco in 2021 was interesting.

But given neither the sand and taco is offered in 2022, it came down to red vs H-Blue...

At first it was a dificult choice, they are both nice but in VERY different ways. And every time I go to my doctor there is a Red Gladiator Rubicon parked outside. It is an awsome and distictive looking truck. It makes a clear statement too.

BUT, the more I looked at H-Blue vs Red, especially in natural (nature) settings, the more I fell in love 😘 with it. And this thread, with all the various venues it was captured in totally sealed the deal.