First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
This is not my first jeep build but I think one of my favorite! We had Jeeps before they where cool but have always enjoyed owning one.
I said years ago if they come out with a Jeep truck I would get one, but then we got out of the Jeep scene for a few and when they finally came out with the Gladiator I sold things to be able to get one and build it!
So here is a list of what we are doing and I will updated as we continue the build so follow along and let me know what you think!
We are starting out with a 2020 Jeep Gladiator in sting gray. We wanted pumpkin but couldn’t find one we wanted, so started hunting for a Hyperblue, but then my wife saw a Sting Gray and found a deal on a Mojave model! I know I’m going to get heck from building a Mojave but the suspension wasn’t the only reason why I bought one! The mai reason was the price was cheaper than a Sport Max so I couldn’t pass it up!
Starting out with:
Dealer limo tinted the windows
Bestop Sunrider top
Spiderweb sun shade
Ceramic coating
OEM black grille
Blacked out tailgate
13 Paracord grab handles
Line X orange sprayed in bedliner
Access soft bed cover
Bullet proof cell phone / Go Pro carrier
CNM side mirror relocation bracket
VMS Bullet Antenna
Curt rear hitch
Rebel Offroad Bed rail system

Now the Fun stuff:
KMC 17” beadlock Grenade Wheels
Nitto 37” x 12.50 x 17 Trail Grapplers load range D
3” Fabtech shock extensions
3” Rock Krawler springs
Core 4x4 control arms in orange
Core 4x4 front track bar in orange
Tereflex steering linkage
Tereflex steering brace
Poison Spyder front and rear differential covers
Yukon 4.88 gears and install kit
Rock Slide Engineer side steps
Fox 2.0 Steering Stablizer
Metal Cloak steering stabilizer relocation mount
Metal Cloak fender flares painted sting gray with ghost flames underneath black bedliner
GenRight front bumper
Warn winch
JKS sway bar links
Rebel Offroad rear bumper
Built right bed moule racks
Highlift jack
Power tank
Viaar Air portable compressor
Factory Aux switch
KC gravity Pro 6 lights
Artec fender liners
Tazer mini programmer
Rebel Offroad full bedrack (to haul a tandem Kayak and bike)
Lightweight propane tank

My plans are to have this build done by summer of 2021! We plan on taking this Offroad on trails and to show others what we can do!

B5069943-1BDD-45E9-A951-00109FD5A52C.jpeg

1469761D-B4AC-42AE-AD16-B4C1BA6B2FAF.jpeg

3E506DD2-AFF3-4E42-86FA-3A2D7CCE16AC.jpeg

30C76961-1208-41E2-A2FC-13038194CF39.jpeg

4169F45B-F4A5-484D-A0D4-F12D668F6AD9.jpeg

1CA73F01-35A7-42A7-8CC7-54562A738A55.jpeg

852981B0-57E7-4002-85D7-2FBC7B7F1B97.jpeg

B1B7BDF8-4499-4EC2-B22A-0CE119006C4D.jpeg

1D13805C-EE45-4F5C-A44B-3C14951FC0E6.jpeg
Sponsored

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Line X orange sprayed in bedliner

Jeep Gladiator Hypertension Sting Gray Mojave Build 1D13805C-EE45-4F5C-A44B-3C14951FC0E6
I did not know you could get Line-X in any color other than black! AWESOME idea with the Mohave! I will have to borrow that when I get mine. Did they have to order anything special to do that color?

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Can you give a little more info on the blacked out tailgate? I’m looking to do just that, but don’t want to muck it up....professionally done or DIY? If DIY, How’d you remove and then reinstall accurately the JEEP logo? How’d you line up the vinyl so it’s not wonky?....Also, where’d you buy the vinyl from?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Can you give a little more info on the blacked out tailgate? I’m looking to do just that, but don’t want to muck it up....professionally done or DIY? If DIY, How’d you remove and then reinstall accurately the JEEP logo? How’d you line up the vinyl so it’s not wonky?....Also, where’d you buy the vinyl from?

Thanks!
I was going to do it myself because I install window tint and have done this kind of work before but when I got the ceramic coating reapplied (due to the company that sprayed in the bedliner got overspray all over the Jeep!!!! :( and I wasn't going to take the time to reapply it) I had the shop that took the overspray off and apply the ceramic coating put the piece on the tailgate. But far as putting the Jeep emblem back on there is a company called https://www.adhesivetemplates.com/product-detail/?itemID=13961&categoryID=2
where you can purchase the outline and put the name plate back on.
But I do know that you can purchase the black car wrap off Amazon or just do a search on google for it and it is very forgiving to apply. I think if you just take your time you can do it. Good luck.

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
I did not know you could get Line-X in any color other than black! AWESOME idea with the Mohave! I will have to borrow that when I get mine. Did they have to order anything special to do that color?
I own a body shop and I took them the paint they needed. But they did have to order in a Neutral spay for the liner. They just need paint mixed with no harder or binder in it.

Sponsored

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
I own a body shop and I took them the paint they needed. But they did have to order in a Neutral spay for the liner. They just need paint mixed with no harder or binder in it.
Nice. Thanks for the information.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Is that a pic of wheels painted orange? If so, please send pics. I've been wanting to paint the stock steel wheels that came on my Sting Gray JT but have not found a great orange yet. I've been looking for a flat orange but no luck so far.

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Is that a pic of wheels painted orange? If so, please send pics. I've been wanting to paint the stock steel wheels that came on my Sting Gray JT but have not found a great orange yet. I've been looking for a flat orange but no luck so far.
I actually just painted the back side in an orange because I wanted to powder coat the complete wheel orange but the wife and kids wheren’t to sure they wanted that much orange. So I have done this before to other Jeeps!

D3E4216C-DE80-4C39-B1D8-35289CEB2407.jpeg

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks!
I got mine here, and did it myself. Not too hard, just take your time and make sure it's warm. I got mine in two colors/layers so it looks like it's surrounded by a pin stripe. They can get you almost any color you want...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/875288...ckout-tailgate-decal?ref=hp_rv-1&frs=1&bes=1#

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
I got mine here, and did it myself. Not too hard, just take your time and make sure it's warm. I got mine in two colors/layers so it looks like it's surrounded by a pin stripe. They can get you almost any color you want...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/875288...ckout-tailgate-decal?ref=hp_rv-1&frs=1&bes=1#
I saw that too. And thought about it. I bought some black wrap and tried blacking out in between the windows on the doors and just that area took me forever so when I had the Ceramic coating done the shop also does wraps so they charged me $200 I told them to do it especially behind the tail lights!
I will tell you after taking the taillights out after putting them back in CHECK your tail lights. After picking it up and getting about 10 miles down the road my wife noticed I didn’t have tail lights?? So we turned back around and went back to their shop. And they had to replace both bulbs? Don’t know why but they where both bad!

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I saw that too. And thought about it. I bought some black wrap and tried blacking out in between the windows on the doors and just that area took me forever so when I had the Ceramic coating done the shop also does wraps so they charged me $200 I told them to do it especially behind the tail lights!
I will tell you after taking the taillights out after putting them back in CHECK your tail lights. After picking it up and getting about 10 miles down the road my wife noticed I didn’t have tail lights?? So we turned back around and went back to their shop. And they had to replace both bulbs? Don’t know why but they where both bad!
That is really weird...

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Got a couple things done today!
Got the beadlocks bolted down
And the differential covers 2 toned! These things look SWEEEEEETTTT!

Jeep Gladiator Hypertension Sting Gray Mojave Build 7F2AAB26-F10E-421A-94AA-BDE266D01CA5

Jeep Gladiator Hypertension Sting Gray Mojave Build 7EE56CE5-A43A-40F0-8B9E-D8F01D29DBBA

Jeep Gladiator Hypertension Sting Gray Mojave Build ACF403B8-8DE2-4681-8532-8B50C2658B5A

Last edited:

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
How did you balance the tires?