First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Haven't had much time lately to do much but last weekend I started installing my Rock Slide Engineer steps!!!! Let me say these things are beefy!!!
Also decided since I needed to pull some of the interior out why not just pull the complete interior out and install a sound / heat shield as well!
Also if you install these steps I only had trouble with one bolt and that was the Drivers side rear body bolt. I think if you would heat them up you wouldn't have this much trouble but here is what happened.
It wouldn't break lose with either 1/2 inch impact I have so I got the big breaker bar out and used it and it was still tight, I would get it lose and then turn it back in to hopefully break it lose, I finally got it broke lose, and decided to take the impact to it and it backed out real fast then, and came all the way out! Then I tried to put it back up there and the nut had came lose or just went off to the side! I was mad!!!! So I knew I was going to take the interior out anyway so I went to pull the back panel off thinking there would be an access hole to the nut!!! NOPE!!!! And when I went to pull the back panel it snapped in about 3 different pieces, Talk about getting mad!!!!!! I was pissed at this point! And I know how to take interiors out and not this one so there's the other tip BE CAREFULL pulling the back panel off if you ever have too! I ordered a new one from Jeep, that wasn't cheap! So here are pictures of the install on the sound deadener. I will try to get more pictures of the install on the steps!

Gladiator floor.jpg

Gladiator PS side.jpg

Gladiator Rock Slider.jpg

Gladiator SIde steps.jpg

Gladiator sound 1.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Didn't do much this weekend to the Gladiator but installed a rear flag decal and tinted the tail lamps! I wish I could get the lift figured out! I'll get there!

Gladiator Back glass.jpg

Gladiator DS taillamp.jpg

Gladiator PS taillamp.jpg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Did you notice much difference from the sound deadening/heat shield material you used?

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Did you notice much difference from the sound deadening/heat shield material you used?
I have only really drove it once since getting it done, but I think it was a little quieter, It was my main driver when I bought it but now I bought a 2011 Grand Cherokee for my daily! I'll try to report when I get it out and drive it more, it kinda sits in the shed behind my kids cars so it takes a little more to get it out to drive right now!

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
Well I’ve been somewhat busy this past week with the build. I got the front Motibuilt bumper painted and the Warn 10VR winch installed. Then tore into the front end. I installed the synergy steering link, drag link and steering brace. The steering brace took the longest. With it being a Mojave I had to trim down a brace inside the shock pocket. The install usually takes about an hour this one took about 4 because I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t fitting. Then I moved onto the Core 4x4 control arms. I went with a Fox Racing steering stabilizer which I had to remove the factory bracket to make it work with the Metal Cloak high steering brackets I also had to retap the threads on the bracket for the Fox tapered bolt to work.

Next was the JKS sway bar links. The only thing I didn’t like about these are you have to cut a tab off the axle. (But I kept it just in case I want to go a different direction later on). Also got the 3 inch Fabtech shock extensions installed now I’m just waiting on the new springs. It’s getting there.

00F4586B-FA6D-463F-ABBC-5EAED36401C7.jpeg

1449E29C-4D5B-4982-8F8C-15E285A35EFE.jpeg

5D8AFD4E-DA79-4BFD-A80E-28F683BE226F.jpeg

60C9DF6A-9447-4D80-9D61-B5F2EAEC4F68.jpeg

D6BB0F44-B9A5-4F2E-ACFB-36AD43723188.jpeg

DAB87D93-A816-4852-B549-1F4C2D317D30.jpeg

0C861BE1-76E2-41D9-BD1B-D94458DC9DEB.jpeg

76BCB810-3B80-4CFB-A95C-615773C48B4E.jpeg

65ECC1E1-130C-47BB-B89F-6EEA7DA70266.jpeg

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Well I’ve been somewhat busy this past week with the build. I got the front Motibuilt bumper painted and the Warn 10VR winch installed. Then tore into the front end. I installed the synergy steering link, drag link and steering brace. The steering brace took the longest. With it being a Mojave I had to trim down a brace inside the shock pocket. The install usually takes about an hour this one took about 4 because I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t fitting. Then I moved onto the Core 4x4 control arms. I went with a Fox Racing steering stabilizer which I had to remove the factory bracket to make it work with the Metal Cloak high steering brackets I also had to retap the threads on the bracket for the Fox tapered bolt to work.

Next was the JKS sway bar links. The only thing I didn’t like about these are you have to cut a tab off the axle. (But I kept it just in case I want to go a different direction later on). Also got the 3 inch Fabtech shock extensions installed now I’m just waiting on the new springs. It’s getting there.

Jeep Gladiator Hypertension Sting Gray Mojave Build 65ECC1E1-130C-47BB-B89F-6EEA7DA70266

Jeep Gladiator Hypertension Sting Gray Mojave Build 65ECC1E1-130C-47BB-B89F-6EEA7DA70266

looking good. Can you go into a little more detail on what you had to do to get the bracket to fit?

thnx

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
looking good. Can you go into a little more detail on what you had to do to get the bracket to fit?

thnx
I called Fox and asked them what I needed to do and asked if I could take off the mounting bracket and they told me I could and that Synergy made a high mount kit, that will work, but I already had a Metal Cloak kit so that is what I am using. You still have to use the Fox bolt to keep it low enough for the rod to move through the shock, so I had to rethread the metal cloaks fastener, to a course thread. I checked to see how much thread that went into their bracket and it was the same as what went into the Metal Cloak.. Let me know if you have any other questions.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I called Fox and asked them what I needed to do and asked if I could take off the mounting bracket and they told me I could and that Synergy made a high mount kit, that will work, but I already had a Metal Cloak kit so that is what I am using. You still have to use the Fox bolt to keep it low enough for the rod to move through the shock, so I had to rethread the metal cloaks fastener, to a course thread. I checked to see how much thread that went into their bracket and it was the same as what went into the Metal Cloak.. Let me know if you have any other questions.
sorry, i meant the synergy steering bracket by the coil seat

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
sorry, i meant the synergy steering bracket by the coil seat
On the Mojave model, the shock by pass hose bracket has to be removed and rebent and then there is a support bracket on the inside of the shock mount that needs to be ground down some for it to sit in there better to be able to get the bracket to sit where it needs to sit and get all the bolts in. I will see if I can get a picture of what I ground down.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
On the Mojave model, the shock by pass hose bracket has to be removed and rebent and then there is a support bracket on the inside of the shock mount that needs to be ground down some for it to sit in there better to be able to get the bracket to sit where it needs to sit and get all the bolts in. I will see if I can get a picture of what I ground down.
thanks. Super helpful.

im hoping the tsb sorts me out, but starting to plan ahead.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
thanks. Super helpful.

im hoping the tsb sorts me out, but starting to plan ahead.
I researched and researched what parts I wanted to use and what I wanted to do. I want a rig I can drive anywhere anytime but still do some descent trail rides if I want to or just take the time too! But I have ran into stuff not fitting on the Mojave model. I have purchased several parts that have found out that won't work. Started with one lift kit (to be able to keep factory shocks) and was going to go with a spacer kit but not a big fan so went with a different spring and found a shock extension that will work with the factory shocks! Still waiting on the springs to come in though!

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I researched and researched what parts I wanted to use and what I wanted to do. I want a rig I can drive anywhere anytime but still do some descent trail rides if I want to or just take the time too! But I have ran into stuff not fitting on the Mojave model. I have purchased several parts that have found out that won't work. Started with one lift kit (to be able to keep factory shocks) and was going to go with a spacer kit but not a big fan so went with a different spring and found a shock extension that will work with the factory shocks! Still waiting on the springs to come in though!
im waiting on my fabtech spring/extension kit to come as well.

OP
OP
Redjk07

Redjk07

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Self Employed
I finally got the Rock Krawler 3 inch front and rear springs and Pro X installed this weekend.
here is the build list
Motobilt front bumper painted body color
Ceramic Coating
Jeep black grille
5% tinted windows
Warn Winch
Factory 55
tinted tail lights
Rock Slide Engineer slider steps
Rock Krawler 3 inch front and rear springs
Rock Krawler rear Pro X 4 link
Synergy front steering links
Core 4x4 front track bar
Core 4x4 control arms powder coated orange front and rear
Fabtech 3inch shock extension (the keep factory Fox Shocks)
Rock Krawler 3 inch bump stops
Metal cloak 1/8 rear spacer
Clayton rear sway bar links
JKS front sway bars links
Fox Racing steering stabilizer
Spyder sun shade
Bestop Sunrider top
Access roll up bed cover
Link X spray in bed liner in orange
blacked out tailgate with orange pinstripe

things to come:
Yukon 4.88 gears
Metal Cloak Dif covers
Metal Cloak fenders
Aztretc fender liners
Adam’s Drive Shafts
Rebel rear bumper

C6F6F21D-05C7-4BE4-B4BF-9E9017AE27EA.jpeg

7A0FE1BE-B7D1-4DE3-9680-6E4BE1C9A4CC.jpeg

3888ED7C-D588-4C8B-A675-712ECFDBA6BD.jpeg

D07A5CA0-D2D3-4938-84D4-C177D5D2F1C1.jpeg

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I love the painted bumper. I think it would have been too much had you left the sting grey grill in, but I think it looks awesome against the black grill. Beautiful rig.
Sponsored