I somehow won these, but do they fit?

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Thanks! I love it. Just a fair warning on the sarge green though....it can look amazingly different in different lighting/sun angles. More than any other color car i have owned. It truly blows my mind how different it can look. It can go from looking almost black to a very sort of mustardy green. Even a bunch of my neighbors were having a debate on what color it was after I drove by as they were having a picnic. 95% of the time I love it.....but when it looks almost black (in cloudy, low sunlight, heavily overcast weather) I am a bit less enthusiastic. However to me it looks so good in bright light that it makes up for it, and I always used to dream about owning a dark green landr rover defender 110 when I was younger...so it also sort of satisfies that urge.
Good to know, thanks. And I totally see and get that old defender dream. I looked at the new ones but in my mind the JT and JL are the only manufacturer that builds with new technology, and nails the vintage aesthetic. Even the new Bronco, looks great on the outside but the interior is just meh.

Jeep Baby!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Undecided

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Yes, they will fit, but they are not rated at the same towing rating if that sort of thing concerns you.
Alright so first Jeep and truck here so bear with me, but if it's the exact same tire, just a new rim - how would that change my tow rating?

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Sarge Green look covered in pollen?

OP
OP
Undecided

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Thanks! I love it. Just a fair warning on the sarge green though....it can look amazingly different in different lighting/sun angles. More than any other color car i have owned. It truly blows my mind how different it can look. It can go from looking almost black to a very sort of mustardy green. Even a bunch of my neighbors were having a debate on what color it was after I drove by as they were having a picnic. 95% of the time I love it.....but when it looks almost black (in cloudy, low sunlight, heavily overcast weather) I am a bit less enthusiastic. However to me it looks so good in bright light that it makes up for it, and I always used to dream about owning a dark green landr rover defender 110 when I was younger...so it also sort of satisfies that urge.
I feel the same way with my Sting Gray. AMAZING in sunlight, more meh in clouds/overcast.
But when I ordered I wasn't a fan of any available "fun" colors and gray let me do orange accents so I am pretty happy with it.

Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
How does the Sarge Green look covered in pollen?
Dusty and yellowish lol....I had literally just washed about an inch of pollen off before that pic. LOL...pollen is so bad here in MD that I literally have piles of it accumulating in the driveway.

OP
OP
Undecided

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
IMO, they will look good on your Sting Gray JT. I had them on my Sting Grey JLU.
Jeep Gladiator I somehow won these, but do they fit? Screenshot 2021-05-03 142314
Thank you for that photo!!!

I've been Googling around for different angles on sting gray trying to get an impression and keep going back and forth. Figure since they were free at least pay to put them on for awhile and if I end up hating them take them back off. That photo does make them look good.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have seen several people say that on here with respect to the wheels....but is there any actual documented proof? Asking seriously.
I have not seen any actual proof of this. It may well be true, but all I personally have ever seen is people saying it. Seems like it started from articles explaining how the gladiator wasn't just a wrangler with a bed and listing the differences. Wheels aren't marked with load capacity so I guess maybe FCA said this at a presser? I wouldn't put much thought to it though. There are tons of gladiators running around on aftermarket wheels designed for the JL. Personally I would stick to the tow rating on the truck.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
I have not seen any actual proof of this. It may well be true, but all I personally have ever seen is people saying it. Seems like it started from articles explaining how the gladiator wasn't just a wrangler with a bed and listing the differences. Wheels aren't marked with load capacity so I guess maybe FCA said this at a presser? I wouldn't put much thought to it though. There are tons of gladiators running around on aftermarket wheels designed for the JL. Personally I would stick to the tow rating on the truck.

Me neither. I am running them (and the load range c tires that came on them) without a worry in the world. But I am always open to learning more factual info (like if there was some sort of cryptic coding stamped on the back of the wheel that indicated weight limits or something).

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The only thing I have found on load limit on wheels is for the JK. In writing it states they are good for 1600 lbs per wheel.

I have been unable to find anything for the JL other than assumptions that they must be the same as the JK.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Thanks! I love it. Just a fair warning on the sarge green though....it can look amazingly different in different lighting/sun angles. <snip>
I had a VW Golf in dark green long ago. Dark parking lots with the old amber/yellow lights made it look black. I would have to ultimately say "you don't think I know the color of my own car?" to people.

The green really goes with bronze wheels, though - I've seen a few Taco's with that combo.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
BTW these wheels are optional from the factory. Or at least ones just like them.
Jeep Gladiator I somehow won these, but do they fit? 1620160848819

Jeep Gladiator I somehow won these, but do they fit? 1620160880565

Last edited:
OP
OP
Undecided

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Thank you all for your input! Had them swapped over today. Don’t hate them but don’t quite love them I think with the gray. Look less “cheap” though I think. Will keep for now

C38A7436-DD2D-4441-83FE-5971DBA220B6.jpeg

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
You can always plastikote the polished part to change the look.
If you don't like the color you can remove it easy enough and try another color.
Sponsored