First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
So I went to my local dealership to set a date for the lift install and as I was walking out I noticed a lifted 2022 JTR. I checked it out so see how mine will eventually look and a large number caught my eye. I looked at the pricing sheet and my eyes widened. MSRP for the JTR alone was 61,000.... that's about normal, but then when I looked at how much the dealer mark up is for a MOPAR lift, ok-ish 37's and in my opinion some ugly wheels blew my mind. It kind of makes my blood boil knowing someone is going to buy this.

22 JTR Upgrade.jpg

22 JTR.jpg
Sponsored

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I went to my local dealership to set a date for the lift install and as I was walking out I noticed a lifted 2022 JTR. I checked it out so see how mine will eventually look and a large number caught my eye. I looked at the pricing sheet and my eyes widened. MSRP for the JTR alone was 61,000.... that's about normal, but then when I looked at how much the dealer mark up is for a MOPAR lift, ok-ish 37's and in my opinion some ugly wheels blew my mind. It kind of makes my blood boil knowing someone is going to buy this.

Jeep Gladiator I think I'm going to be sick. 22 JTR

If somebody wants it? They will surely pay it to save their knuckles. Dealer told me they’d buy mine, lift it and mark it up the same way as used!

OP
OP
Mball488

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
If somebody wants it? They will surely pay it to save their knuckles. Dealer told me they’d buy mine, lift it and mark it up the same way as used!
18,995 for a lift and tires. It just hurts thinking about it.

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
That is...a truly unfortunate manifestation of a screwed-up market.

Sponsored

ezekio3160

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Not bad price at all. Don’t forget another 10k markup for re-gearing

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Lifts are way too easy to install to pay that premium. If someone wants to pay that to save a few hours I'd be fleecing people as well.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

Jeep Gladiators like this all over eBay that are way overpriced customs too

FamilyTruckster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Consulting on Stuff
I recently purchased from a dealer who mentioned they often get their "markup" in the form of addendums, or dealer add-ons that they add a lot of margin to. That way they aren't seen as marking up the MSRP, but it works out the same. Uninformed buyers just getting hosed.

FamilyTruckster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Consulting on Stuff
$200 nitrogen. That’s one expensive air down….. 🤣😂🤣
Nitrogen filling costs continue to be the most ludicrous of dealer tactics. How is it not common knowledge to reject these fees?!?!
Sponsored