I want a Gladiator but I’m concerned it’s not safe enough for a family vehicle

OP
OP
nachorubicongladiator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Jeep Gladiator Mojave
And thank you everyone for your input, I think I’m convinced. I’ll sleep on it. If all goes well I’ll place a build order for a Nacho Jeep Gladiator Rubicon tomorrow afteroon and this 2 1/2 year long car shopping nightmare can finally come to an end.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Crash rating wise this thing is a beast. Yes it could roll over, but you wear seat belts and got a full roll cage plus it's a truck, it typically wins unless you hit other bigger trucks.

I will admit the side curtain airbags in the back bother me a bit but then again probably none of us had side curtain air bags when we were kids and our cars are much safer now than then so I mean only you can decide if that's a risk you are ok with.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
And thank you everyone for your input, I think I’m convinced. I’ll sleep on it. If all goes well I’ll place a build order for a Nacho Jeep Gladiator Rubicon tomorrow afteroon and this 2 1/2 year long car shopping nightmare can finally come to an end.
Oh man, I hope I'm wrong but as far as I know you can't order nacho anymore.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Edit: @bleda2002 beat me to it. You can build Gecko now, but nacho was only a short run. Gecko will be too, so hurry up!

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Poor crash rating? It has a pretty good crash rating.
Screenshot_20210826-200832_Chrome.jpg
Yeah this ^^^ and I believe I read that the lack of 5 stars was because the gladiator/wrangler launched and right after the newer safety tests launched.

Sponsored

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
Edit: @bleda2002 beat me to it. You can build Gecko now, but nacho was only a short run. Gecko will be too, so hurry up!
Why do they ever discontinue colors? I think Jeeps should come in dozens of colors and think it's silly to take any out. Just add and give choices.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Also the 1 star ncap score was because it sucked at pedestrian hits, was not "easy" to install car seats (they should use Britax clicktite) and no lane keep assist.

The actual crash ratings were fine but they didn't like the lack of the ancillaries. Personally I think they had a bit of an axe to grind on it.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Why do they ever discontinue colors? I think Jeeps should come in dozens of colors and think it's silly to take any out. Just add and give choices.
So people will make impulse purchases when they hear "limited edition" haha. I'm almost positive that's why. I hate to admit, but it works.

OP
OP
nachorubicongladiator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet Silver Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Oh man, I hope I'm wrong but as far as I know you can't order nacho anymore.
It’s still available in the builder. I’ll be extremely disappointed if it’s no longer available but Billet Silver looks amazing too.

Sponsored

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It’s still available in the builder. I’ll be extremely disappointed if it’s no longer available but Billet Silver looks amazing too.
I feel for the Hydroblue - it looks great in person!

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
I love love love old cars, but today’s are much safer hands down. A few years back, one of the big insurance companies crash tested a ‘59 Bel Air against a new Malibu - no contest. The passenger compartment of the Malibu was intact while occupants of the Bel Air would have been severely injured or more than likely killed. I‘m comfortable taking my family in the Gladiator, including my grandson.
Jeep Gladiator I want a Gladiator but I’m concerned it’s not safe enough for a family vehicle 731EC9DC-008C-4054-9313-24082F78FF15

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I have a Rubicon Gladiator now, and my 2 prior cars were 4-door Rubicon Wranglers, going back 8 years. I have never felt unsafe in any of them. Just bought our daughter her first car, a 4-door Wrangler Sport. If I had the slightest concern about Jeeps being unsafe, I would not put my daughter behind the wheel of one. Best of luck, whichever route you go.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I constantly am amazed that I'm driving inside a full blown roll cage....it feels pretty safe to me.
Sponsored