First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I gave up on my TRDPro Tacoma because the drivetrain sucked and the brakes were horrendous, gladiator is light years ahead in that department with a lot more cabin space. You can get a nicely equipped Mojave for same price as Tacoma....at least here in NC.
This^. 100x over. And im a toyota homer. This current gen tacoma just absolutely blows. Toyota dealers dont haggle to begin with; and on Pro and sometimes trd offroad wont even budge off “market adjustments” its absurd.
Sponsored

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
If you are here seeking affirmation you found it. You already know the answer you will get here so just do it already!
Several dealers will offer you well below invoice, so factory order the Mojave you want for well below sticker price, and get a nice road trip out of it too.
My build was $62K MSRP, got it for $52K from Gupton.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
I currently drive a 07 Tacoma TRD Off Road (210k miles), and I’m ready for a new ride. I want a new Tacoma but Toyota won’t update the damn thing, every few years they come out with a new paint color and call it an “All New Design”. The Mojave looks very appealing but I can’t get pass the fact a base model JT cost $33,000 and a fully loaded Mojave is pushing $70,000...And they have the same powertrain. I can’t think of another vehicle that you can double the price from one trim to another and not get an upgraded powertrain…Does anyone else have a problem with this or am I being picky?
Look for a 2020. I got the last, best, 2020 Mojave left in SoCal. Sticker was $62k I got it for $56k. The only for sure difference from the 2021 is the transfer case and the rear Diff lock in 4h.

This is what I did 2 weeks ago. I went to the Jeep.com website. Selected the buy online link on the front page. Then select start buying process. It will take you to a page to select what vehicle you want. You will be able to find every 2020 Mojave in 150 miles from the zip. Then research the dealers and vehicles for your best option.

I love my Mojave!!! Best vehicle I ever owned. Good luck! And see ya on the trails.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Similar to @Nebulocity, I put an order in for a 56k Mojave at 8% below invoice, bringing it down to just under 47k and it’s pretty loaded, including nearly 3K worth of color matched hard top. Best of all incentives stack, right now $1K off the Mojave & Rubis. If available at delivery, I’ll be under 46k. Don’t try this locally, waste of time in my experience. There are a few dealers in the US doing this. I’m in PA and opted for Gupton in TN. Well worth the drive and $150 it will cost me via one-way enterprise rental & fuel. Nice thing about enterprise is they’ll come pick the car up at the dealership.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I'm pretty sure the new Ranger only has 1 powerplant across the range. The Gladiator is too heavy for a N/A 4 banger to be put into it like the Tacoma does. The take rate of 4 cylinder Tacomas is very low, and you can't get a 4 cylinder 5 speed 4x4 anymore. I was always impressed Toyota had a 4cyl 4x4 in the modern era and they axed it within the last few years. The JK had no engine option and either came in the 3.8 or 3.6 depending on year. For Jeep guys different engine options is not something we've seen for a while.
Sponsored