Sponsored

Order came in early (but there was a reason)

jimcald

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon JT
20190603_131130.jpg
So, my driveway just got an upgrade and a couple weeks early. It turns out that it shipped from the factory without the spray in bed liner though. When I asked the dealer they told me that Jeep had cancelled the spray in liners without warning and are having the dealer spray them instead. Works for me though since I did not get stuck in JB status like so many others seem to be. Ordered 5/6 and took delivery 6/3. Making an appointment next week to have the dealer spray the liner.
Sponsored

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Would anyone else be annoyed by this? I believe I read that the environment for applying this stuff was best when it was fresh off the line...? Is that true or just "read on the internet"?

Edit: Congrats on the new Gladiator!

OP
OP
jimcald

jimcald

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would anyone else be annoyed by this? I believe I read that the environment for applying this stuff was best when it was fresh off the line...? Is that true or just "read on the internet"?

Thanks for the congrats..,

As far as the liner, I am not sure if the dealer was just making up an excuse or if that is a real thing but just thought I would post in case anyone is in JB purgatory and it helped.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered an LE and would be happy if the factory liner got skipped. I would prefer to get Linex instead. The aftermarket options are better in my opinion. Just refund the option or let me make up any difference.

BJV95050

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Pathfinder 2004 Harley Davidson Softail

The liner application process was too painful to watch, the inside of the bed is sanded down before applying the spray liner.

I'm still waiting for mine, placed the order on 5/1 and still stuck in D purgatory. I tried to modify the order since I'm still in D status and remove the liner from my build but the dealer told me that the order is in and can not be modified.

I should have spent the extra money and had the liner applied somewhere else and get a lifetime warranty than purchasing from the factory and have only a 3 year warranty.

Sponsored

Jensen66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
20190603_131130.jpg
So, my driveway just got an upgrade and a couple weeks early. It turns out that it shipped from the factory without the spray in bed liner though. When I asked the dealer they told me that Jeep had cancelled the spray in liners without warning and are having the dealer spray them instead. Works for me though since I did not get stuck in JB status like so many others seem to be. Ordered 5/6 and took delivery 6/3. Making an appointment next week to have the dealer spray the liner.

Man that color really rocks! The on line pictures on Jeep web site do not do it justice, really causing me to think about waiting on my granite crystal LE...

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Man that color really rocks! The on line pictures on Jeep web site do not do it justice, really causing me to think about waiting on my granite crystal LE...
Yep...that’s how it starts.....you may be out of crystal granite and into another color by days end.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Nice looking rig. Love the soft top. Does the premium soft top fabric match the roll up toneau cover? And one last question, does the top come off completely rather than just fold back?

Steve97ag

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2022 Jeep Wagoneer
Ughh!! Mine is stuck in JB hell waiting on the liner I would assume. I wish my Gladiator skipped the spray-in liner like yours. I've been regretting the factory option and wished I would've just Line-X'd it myself! Congrats on the soft top!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jimcald

jimcald

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice looking rig. Love the soft top. Does the premium soft top fabric match the roll up toneau cover? And one last question, does the top come off completely rather than just fold back?
Thanks,

The top material does match the tonneau fabric, that was a pleasant surprise. I have not tried to take the top al the way off but it looks like it would take tool . I will try and take a closer look tonight.

h4281776

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etubeandwire.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 White Gladiator Rubicon
Ughh!! Mine is stuck in JB hell waiting on the liner I would assume. I wish my Gladiator skipped the spray-in liner like yours. I've been regretting the factory option and wished I would've just Line-X'd it myself! Congrats on the soft top!
I ordered mine on 5/9/19 and the bed liner was no longer a factory option at that point according to the order system. The dealer is getting it done locally for me at $9.00 more than what the factory option cost. But all that means is I have to wait another couple days after mine is delivered.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
20190603_131130.jpg
Beautiful truck! I love the red with the soft top. I have a red with hardtop on the way but will be looking to purchase a soft top when they become available for ordering!

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
20190603_131130.jpg

Congrats. I wish that was my case.

Dallas91

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Silverado ltz
I think they meant to send that one to me. Looks like the one I ordered anyway. The bots say I'm still in D status despite ordering one day later than you.
Sponsored