John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
mine was at 8 and at 8:30, there it sits.
It is a good looking jeep though.

20201023_082950.jpg
Sponsored

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I hear ya brother! A few weeks ago I made the first appointment for 7:30 thinking Iā€™d be first in line. They said it would take about an hour to mount the new tires. I went to check with them at 9:00 and my truck was still in the parking lot. They hadnā€™t even started!

When I complained they said the appointment was to check me in the system to ā€œget in lineā€ and that there were 3 people ahead of me. Funny because I was the 2nd car there at 7:30. So frustrating!

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
My dealer has a line in their appointments basically saying an appointment is a time to check in and no guarantee of service time

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
It's not just dealers. I was lazy this year and dropped off my car at our local tire shop to swap on my winter tires. Scheduled for the first appointment of the day when they opened. 2 hours later, my car is finally ready...:mad:

I love my local tire shop, but dang man! That would've taken me 20 minutes in my driveway! Which I would have done if I wasn't in the middle of a move. Oh well. Ordered some new KO2s for my JK while I was there.

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m NOT going to the dealer for my first couple free oil changes. Iā€™d rather pay and do it myself plus I can add the fumoto valve so next oil changes would be a breeze.

If I had a recall or something wrong that I canā€™t diagnose, off to the dealer.

Sponsored

Rattlesnake

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver
Thatā€™s why Iā€™m NOT going to the dealer for my first couple free oil changes. Iā€™d rather pay and do it myself plus I can add the fumoto valve so next oil changes would be a breeze.

If I had a recall or something wrong that I canā€™t diagnose, off to the dealer.
Yup. They can keep the oil changes. I'll do it myself and make sure it's done right. I've had it happen before where they didn't tighten the drain plug. I almost had a real big problem on my silverado.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have had three free oil changes done by the dealer with no issues. I don't have to make an appointment. I just show up mid-afternoon and am on my way in about ninety minutes.

I made an appointment for the Steering TSB and Driveshaft Recall. I signed the paperwork and was picked up by Enterprise to get the loaner in about thirty minutes.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have had three free oil changes done by the dealer with no issues. I don't have to make an appointment. I just show up mid-afternoon and am on my way in about ninety minutes.

I made an appointment for the Steering TSB and Driveshaft Recall. I signed the paperwork and was picked up by Enterprise to get the loaner in about thirty minutes.
This right here. I have had two oil changes and tire rotations done at Hendricks in Concord NC and no appointment made and I was in and out in around a Hour. Ordered my KO2s from sears and was in and out in 90 minutes the next day they came in, no appointment. The only thing that took some time was the lift. Dropped it off Thursday evening when the place was closed and couldn't pick it up until Saturday morning. Didn't make a appointment though with them either and the reason it took so long was because they couldn't get it to the alignment shop on Friday.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was not there long after all said and done. It seemed my truck was in the lot for a while. I am fighting war with shingles right now and maybe my arm and side being ripped off plus the steroids made my testy.
They did a good job.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I was not there long after all said and done. It seemed my truck was in the lot for a while. I am fighting war with shingles right now and maybe my arm and side being ripped off plus the steroids made my testy.
They did a good job.
That's totally sucks dude, I feel for you. Haven't had them personally but I've been around a few who have and it looks like hell

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's totally sucks dude, I feel for you. Haven't had them personally but I've been around a few who have and it looks like hell
Thank you.
I'm going to get the vaccine when its over for sure.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Shingles are not fun. I had a mild case on my chest a couple years ago. As soon as it cleared up, I went and got the vaccine shot.

Sespe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Wait, you actually got a scheduled appointment? All local dealers are only going through an online system. No phone calls allowed. "Email will confirm". Scheduled my Jeep Wave twice, you know what I got? Crickets.....

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It must be different for individual dealers. My local dealer in Marion NC gets me in and out very quickly. They don't do online appointments. You have to call them, but the appointment time means something there.

I'll let them do all service. If there's a warranty issue down the road, then it's easy for them to see in my records that I did everything I was supposed to.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, you actually got a scheduled appointment? All local dealers are only going through an online system. No phone calls allowed. "Email will confirm". Scheduled my Jeep Wave twice, you know what I got? Crickets.....
I scheduled my appointment when I was there getting an oil change. I got an email afterward that let me add notes and gave me the option to reschedule or cancel. I made it for ten days out and then contacted Jeep Cares to open a case. I asked them to assist in making sure the dealer had the parts needed. I got one phone call four days before telling me that they were having trouble reaching the service department, and one call the day after saying they couldn't do anything for me. The Service Advisor told me that he read the notes I left that morning, and they had to order the driveshaft and steering box. So they have had it since Lunch-time Thursday, I'm driving a RAM 1500, and have not heard from them since then. The driveshaft was supposed to be in Friday morning, and he said they couldn't order the steering box until the 31st.
Sponsored