Sponsored

I wish...

Would you add a hybrid bolt-on to your 3.6L if it were available?

• Yes, in a heartbeat.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No, I'll keep this until I can buy new.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Yes, but only if the 4xe or 392 isn't offered.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Yes, but only if the 4xe or 392 is too expensive.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No, to hell with Hybrids.

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
I'm slowly adding more mods to my existing JTO. I think I could keep going and make it a great off-roader. I had proposed trading her in if the 2022 models had the 4xe engine. My wish is that MOPAR would make a bolt on hybrid kit to turn a 3.6L into a 4xe replacement. It would keep us from buying new, but would keep money going into their pockets. What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
No and while I think electric is cool I don't think its a cost effective option. I'd much rather have the 392.

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Are you thinking something like the mild hybrid system the JL's have?

Kevin

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
What is the plan to dispose of the influx of millions of used lithium batteries?
Asking for a friend.

Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
No, not interested. Not going to say the hell with hybrids, to each his own.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
It would be way too expensive as a kit. You would no doubt be better off trading in for one.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Hybrids for in town driving make a HECK of a lot of sense. I get terrible mileage in my weekly routines, and even a few hundred miles on the freeway gives a big boos to the average economy. I went on a 100+ mile loop last week going to a remote office. My "range" kept increasing for 35 miles on the freeway!

Conversely, my wife's 50 mile daily commute is almost all freeway and wouldn't benefit in the least from a hybrid. Her Honda SUV isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future, unless she gets hired away by another school in town. At that point, I'm going to pitch the JLUR 4Xe.........

OP
OP
Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone and everyone... no, I don't have any plans, nor am I mechanically inclined enough to design something. Just ask @KurtP and ask the times he's answered my stupid questions. This was more of a thought experiment, asking if you could, would you?

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
As a hypothetical? I would. As long as i could still run the big ass blower im bolting on soon. Shrug

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2013 all electric Nissan Leaf. It's a great car and I like it, but electric is not the solution they try to portray it to be. It's just a shift of resources, and the battery production and disposal likely produce more toxins than petroleum production. Solar doesn't work at night, when most people charge their cars, so we're burning coal or natural gas to avoid burning gasoline. The existing infrastructure needs upgraded to provide the capacity to charge all the electric vehicles they think we should be driving. It's something we should be working toward with better solutions, but to try and retrofit our existing system is just not feasible.

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
A person stops for fuel and a drink. Before fueling up, they purchase a 20 oz. bottle of water for say $1.00. Back at the fuel dispenser (the pump is in the fuel storage tank underground), the person grumbles about paying $2.75 per gallon while not realizing they have paid about $6.00 per gallon for that water. (128 fl.oz./gal)I suppose the exploration, drilling, lease fee, extraction, refining and shipping costs for gasoline are way less expensive than finding water. Barnum was right.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I stand with my opinion that if Jeep offered a more cafè style order process people could order specifically what they want and avoid silly package deals that make you choose one over the other. Prolly sell more units. They do it for corporate orders.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have a 2013 all electric Nissan Leaf. It's a great car and I like it, but electric is not the solution they try to portray it to be. It's just a shift of resources, and the battery production and disposal likely produce more toxins than petroleum production. Solar doesn't work at night, when most people charge their cars, so we're burning coal or natural gas to avoid burning gasoline. The existing infrastructure needs upgraded to provide the capacity to charge all the electric vehicles they think we should be driving. It's something we should be working toward with better solutions, but to try and retrofit our existing system is just not feasible.
Unless the cars are 100% solar, which extremely few are, then it is also an outsourcing of carbon emissions to other areas, areas that tend to be lower income. The gas plant that's powering the electric cars is where the burning happens. It's cleaner but the emissions are still being put on other communities.

I say if we're going to produce the emissions we should keep them local.
Sponsored