First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Keep in mind that I'm only talking about compressor refrigerators. The solid state, thermoelectric models are INSANELY inefficient.

That seems super high if it's a compressor fridge. As a comparison, a medium boat fridge with a Danfoss compressor runs 3.5a @ 12v, or 42w while running. And in my experience on boats, they run about 20-25% of the time in summer, not full time. Maybe the fridge is rated for that as the startup current? All motors, particularly compressors, have very high current during startup, easily 4x the running current.

This one uses 3.75w for example:
https://www.ubuy.com.zm/product/1UW...-freezer-refrigerator-18l-7-6-50-with-12-24v-

My last boat, a 32 footer, had a fridge that used 4a for about 20-25% of the day. So probably 300wH per day.
Sponsored

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser
I was looking at a Dometic CFX3 55IM and that may have been the startup amperage. apparently it uses 1.11 Ah/h at 90F with an internal temp of 39F. So it's going to last a hell of a long time

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
The 4xe has an electric compressor and it works really fast.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I was looking at a Dometic CFX3 55IM and that may have been the startup amperage. apparently it uses 1.11 Ah/h at 90F with an internal temp of 39F. So it's going to last a hell of a long time
Those numbers make total sense, exactly in line with my guess above. You could run this for weeks and weeks. I've considered just leaving a smaller cooler in the Tesla for the whole summer, running, with waters in it. AZ is HOT.

Shutdown Stranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Something must be wrong with his 4xe, because ours was never a pig on the highway. It held 8th no issue and could pull higher speeds with authority.
Thats not what I mean by being a pig
This is the first time I've heard a vehicle referred to as "being a pig" by any definition other than being underpowered. So, what did you mean?

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I've only ever used it, and thought others used it, to mean heavy, or wallowing. Like the 80s and 90s Camaros, don't care how much power you added, they were pigs.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I think High Altitude model brings some performance to the equation. It seems to be suspended well for road use and I think the cabin is better sound dampened. Weird to think of a jeep built for the road, but the HA edition 4xe is not half bad. Maybe my opinion of a 4xe model would ve different in a different trim level.

End of the day I would have that power plant in my Gladiator in a heartbeat, so that is my opinion.

jpjpjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I've only ever used it, and thought others used it, to mean heavy, or wallowing. Like the 80s and 90s Camaros, don't care how much power you added, they were pigs.
I would be curious as to the 4xe acceleration versus other Wranglers at different speeds (from zero, passing speeds, etc.). I thought you meant it was a gas guzzler.....but tying together air conditioners & pigs:

Marge : You know, Homer, there's $200 in the air conditioning account.
Homer : Oh Marge! Am I doomed to spend the rest of my life sweating like a pig?
Bart : Not to mention eating like a pig and dressing like a pig.
Apu : Don't forget the smell.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I'm not the one who called it a pig, as I've never driven it.

Sponsored

gladnewb

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Still figuring that out, but IT for now!
I honestly can't wait for a 4xe Glaidator or even an all electric version. I know those are both far off (especially the all electric), but it makes so much sense to me. I hope an all electric is 300+ miles of range as well. I can not wait for when those are built.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
I honestly can't wait for a 4xe Glaidator or even an all electric version. I know those are both far off (especially the all electric), but it makes so much sense to me. I hope an all electric is 300+ miles of range as well. I can not wait for when those are built.
That's why I did the deposit on the Cyber Truck. Unless the prototypes shown are total fantasy, it will blow away the Gladiator in every way possible. Considering that our Model 3 is an absolutely fantastic car that is actually better than announced, I have reason to believe the CT is going to be reality in six months. The tri-motor CT is faster than a super car, tows almost as much as a diesel, and hauls more than a 3/4 ton. All while using "fuel" at about 1/8th the cost of dinosaur fuels.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
That's why I did the deposit on the Cyber Truck. Unless the prototypes shown are total fantasy, it will blow away the Gladiator in every way possible. Considering that our Model 3 is an absolutely fantastic car that is actually better than announced, I have reason to believe the CT is going to be reality in six months. The tri-motor CT is faster than a super car, tows almost as much as a diesel, and hauls more than a 3/4 ton. All while using "fuel" at about 1/8th the cost of dinosaur fuels.
To quote Dr. Zira - All right, but [it's] so damned ugly.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
So is the Gladiator, which is probably the third ugliest vehicle of all time. Now the CT lets me upgrade to THE ugliest ever and the Gladiator takes fourth place.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser
So is the Gladiator, which is probably the third ugliest vehicle of all time. Now the CT lets me upgrade to THE ugliest ever and the Gladiator takes fourth place.
now I have to know what you put as #2 and #3 all time ugliest
Sponsored