Sponsored

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The 4xe was the best selling PHEV last quarter in the US. Not sure what that says about the market yet lol. I know I want 1.
I have a hard time believing that over the rav4 prime… but maybe they just can’t make enough of them

roth_nj

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Everyone is saying about the same thing, and I don't believe any of them. The Ford is a bad joke unless it's just an in-town work truck. And probably still then, but it's well outside my market.

Claiming that Tesla is far behind the others is silly. Look what they've delivered so far. Often late, usually pretty much as promised for abilities.
I didn’t say Tesla is behind or their tech isn’t better. Just simply they have a track record of missing targets for releases

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I honestly can't wait for a 4xe Glaidator or even an all electric version. I know those are both far off (especially the all electric), but it makes so much sense to me. I hope an all electric is 300+ miles of range as well. I can not wait for when those are built.
Yeah I'm all about a partial hybrid, but full electric will never work for me; not enough range.

I need to be able to hop in the truck and drive to Maine w/o excessively long pit stops. I can do it now in my PPV Tahoe with only one stop in 7 hours (from MD).

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Not for me, but its a good gesture on Jeeps part. I sense more after market supply chain failures on the horizon.

o||4xe||o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022(?) Gladiator Rubicon 4xe
Been lurking for a year since I got my JT. Finally made an account to post this.

facebook_1623348187458_6808815796048471286.jpg

Jeep made this their Facebook cover photo earlier today, and I think they're teasing the Gladiator 4xe with it. Look at the dash: the gauges, blue stitching, and passenger dash grab handle all confirm it's a 4xe. But here's the kicker: look at the driver-side door mirror. That roll bar is a Gladiator, not a Wrangler.

While I won't go as far as to say this is Jeep debuting it, it certainly seems to me like they're teasing it.
I really hope this happens. That said, Stellantis published a roadmap this past week that casts some doubt on a Gladiator 4xe before 2H2023:
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Rubicon 4xe Hybrid Teased! Stellantis-EV-roadma

The 2H2021 PHEV is expected to be the Wagoneer 4xe, and the 1H2023 BEV is speculated to be a Wrangler - but I wouldn't rule out a Renegade (just a guess on my part). If the Wagoneer 4xe uses the rumored inline 6 instead of the turbo 2.0 from the Wrangler 4xe, that would probably translate better to the Gladiator.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Strange there isn’t Anything on that chart for Ram-

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
On the JT they're already at max GVWR. I've seen some JT models, particularly diesels, stamped with 6,350 lb. GVWR numbers. That's the highest GVWR of any midsize pickup in production in our country. In order to accommodate the 4xe equipment, they'd have to tack on another 700 lbs. which would then put the GVWR at 7,000+ lbs. At that point, you're literally talking Ram full size truck numbers. Would Jeep stamp the same total capacity on their midsize that Ram uses for their fullsize? I seriously doubt it. There is, after all, a limit to what the midsize chassis and dimensions can handle. I don't know all the ins and outs of how the engineers get to those GVWR numbers or the legalities involved, but I can't see them making a midsize truck with a 7,000+ GVWR.

So the other option is to reduce payload and towing. I'd say there is almost zero chance that the 4xe Gladiator will be able to retain payload and towing numbers that are equal to the currrent ICE Gladiator numbers. I will be shocked if they do that.

What you're probably going to see is the lowest payload and towing numbers of any Gladiator trim in the entire lineup. And when you combine that with a <20 mile electric range and a $10k higher starting price, it just makes absolutely no sense. There will be even less financial reason to buy a 4xe Gladiator than there is to buy the EcoDiesel. Cost per mile to operate the 4xe is identical, up front cost is higher, and you lose capability. Absolutely zero reason to do that in a pickup truck.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
On the JT they're already at max GVWR. I've seen some JT models, particularly diesels, stamped with 6,350 lb. GVWR numbers. That's the highest GVWR of any midsize pickup in production in our country. In order to accommodate the 4xe equipment, they'd have to tack on another 700 lbs. which would then put the GVWR at 7,000+ lbs. At that point, you're literally talking Ram full size truck numbers. Would Jeep stamp the same total capacity on their midsize that Ram uses for their fullsize? I seriously doubt it. There is, after all, a limit to what the midsize chassis and dimensions can handle. I don't know all the ins and outs of how the engineers get to those GVWR numbers or the legalities involved, but I can't see them making a midsize truck with a 7,000+ GVWR.

So the other option is to reduce payload and towing. I'd say there is almost zero chance that the 4xe Gladiator will be able to retain payload and towing numbers that are equal to the currrent ICE Gladiator numbers. I will be shocked if they do that.

What you're probably going to see is the lowest payload and towing numbers of any Gladiator trim in the entire lineup. And when you combine that with a <20 mile electric range and a $10k higher starting price, it just makes absolutely no sense. There will be even less financial reason to buy a 4xe Gladiator than there is to buy the EcoDiesel. Cost per mile to operate the 4xe is identical, up front cost is higher, and you lose capability. Absolutely zero reason to do that in a pickup truck.
There is 2 reasons. 370HP and 470ftlbs of torque. This power plant really moves out. While it may not be everyones cup of tea compared to that V8 sound, it is a very refined high power, power pack. It will impact towing and payload just like a 392 would, maybe less, and in hybrid mode it will knock down 30 mpg, easy.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Yes, but it draws a new demographic. Now they can own a Jeep, and claim they are saving the environment, because they drive an electric vehicle. Range and Payload won't matter to that group.