Sponsored

i'll be the first 315/70r17 on a STOCK Willys

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I had 315s on stock Willys for a bit, while I was waiting for my 2" Mopar lift. Mine didn't rub on the ground lock to lock, but you could definitely hear it while moving when it was locked. I fixed this by adding two washers on each side to the stop bolts. Didn't want to go with aftermarket wheels or with spacers. I don't think the 2" Mopar lift would have fixed this issue anyways, so the washers are still there.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I had 315s on stock Willys for a bit, while I was waiting for my 2" Mopar lift. Mine didn't rub on the ground lock to lock, but you could definitely hear it while moving when it was locked. I fixed this by adding two washers on each side to the stop bolts. Didn't want to go with aftermarket wheels or with spacers. I don't think the 2" Mopar lift would have fixed this issue anyways, so the washers are still there.
A lift want fix that, you got to get wheels with more backspacing or wheel spacers.

OP
OP
rickettsj

rickettsj

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
A lift want fix that, you got to get wheels with more backspacing or wheel spacers.
the entire purpose of this is for those that want big tires on a STOCK vehicle. STOCK means STOCK, no aftermarket wheels, or spacers, or lifts, no matter how "small" or "inexpensive" the mod is., once you do a "mod" it is no longer STOCK. you will NEVER replace the OEM quality wheels with aftermarket EVER. Here in Michigan if you left aftermarket wheels on over the winter your at best going to get 2 years out of them until they are pitted and look like crap.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
the entire purpose of this is for those that want big tires on a STOCK vehicle. STOCK means STOCK, no aftermarket wheels, or spacers, or lifts, no matter how "small" or "inexpensive" the mod is., once you do a "mod" it is no longer STOCK. you will NEVER replace the OEM quality wheels with aftermarket EVER. Here in Michigan if you left aftermarket wheels on over the winter your at best going to get 2 years out of them until they are pitted and look like crap.
I know what the purpose of the thread was but I already knew that you was going to hit on the lower control arms I posted that earlier. I also posted that on a Max Tow, Mojave or Rubicon you want. Willy's are no different than a Overland or regular non Max tow sport. If don't have the wider axles your going to hit the lower control arms with any tire over 12.3" wide.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Okay, STOCK means STOCK. So, when you put on larger tires, you defeated your own purpose. YOU are no longer “STOCK”. Hypocrite.

Sponsored

MajorUrsus

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Professional
update with pics...they fit, but do rub only on the front axle control arms. The funny thing is they don't rub every time.....its an intermittent rubbing....but here are the long awaited pics.

now for the bad stuff:
-ride isn't as soft due to the higher load range tires went from C to E
-gas mileage is down 3-4 mpg
-trans never wants to go into 8th

pics don't do it justice.....this is how the thing should have came from the factory.....

I haven't flexed the suspension yet, but i'm a little in fear that it may send a front fender into the stratosphere if I wheel it hard.....but for daily driving i'm not worried one bit.
Jeep Gladiator i'll be the first 315/70r17 on a STOCK Willys 1656725765257
Looks awesome. I wonder what the not going into 8th gear is about. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
This is my Max Tow with 315 70 17 KO2s on it on stock wheels with it sitting at stock height.

IMG_20200213_183121.jpg

IMG_20200213_183153.jpg

Here is it with a 2.5" Readylift installed
MVIMG_20200215_113302.jpg

No issues but mines a Max tow. The Same wheels on my buddies Overland resulted in him rubbing the lower control arms at full lock.
I can confirm. My Overland rubs slightly at full lock. Mopar lift going on tomorrow….damn just saw this was a old post 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I can confirm. My Overland rubs slightly at full lock. Mopar lift going on tomorrow….damn just saw this was a old post 🤦🏻‍♂️
Yeah a overland will rub, I got the wider axles like a Rubicon on mine

kb5zcr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Diesel Rubi Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I understand this is an old thread but,
I am running 315's and run my tire pressure at about 27 lbs to smooth out the ride. A lot of guys have a harsh ride and many times it can be fixed by lowering the tire pressure, especially with these load range E tires. Heck I've driven at 20 lbs for many pavement miles while out in AZ when going from one BLM area to another.
Jeep Gladiator i'll be the first 315/70r17 on a STOCK Willys jee

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I understand this is an old thread but,
I am running 315's and run my tire pressure at about 27 lbs to smooth out the ride. A lot of guys have a harsh ride and many times it can be fixed by lowering the tire pressure, especially with these load range E tires. Heck I've driven at 20 lbs for many pavement miles while out in AZ when going from one BLM area to another.
Jeep Gladiator i'll be the first 315/70r17 on a STOCK Willys jee
That's all fine if you want to end up with more tire wear. I run mine at 34 psi and it rides great.

kb5zcr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Diesel Rubi Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I'm sure there must be some extra tire wear but I've got 65,000 miles on this set so far. I'm guessing I can get 10k more before I need a new set. Perhaps my duratracks have a harder rubber compound than other brands.
P.S. I do a five tire rotation.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That’s why I have and extra set of steelies for the winter. Gotta feed those rust bugs
Sponsored