First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Premise. I've already upgraded my speakers...

Couple questions...
1. How big is the built in amp?
2. Is there a built in crossover if running a sub?
3. Can anyone who is not running an aftermarket amp compare sound quality to factory head unit?

General questions...
1. Are the dash and knee panel speakers on either side on the same channel?
2. I'm thinking about powering rollbar speakers with a separate 2 channel amp and running the front speakers 1 per channel off of the Insane audio head unit. How difficult would this be to do with this unit? Or is it even worth it?

Thanks...
Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
1)not sure as I've never used the built 8n amp

2)yes, it has built in crossovers

General
1) left and right are separate channels, not sure dash to knee from the factory.
Mine is setup with components, left and right separate channels (tweeter in dash and woofer in knee are one set of components)

2) at that point just do a 4 or 6 channel amp to run all speakers. I don't see the point of amping the sound bar but not the dash

OP
OP
red/green hawk

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
1)not sure as I've never used the built 8n amp

2)yes, it has built in crossovers

General
1) left and right are separate channels, not sure dash to knee from the factory.
Mine is setup with components, left and right separate channels (tweeter in dash and woofer in knee are one set of components)
Thanks for the input
2) at that point just do a 4 or 6 channel amp to run all speakers. I don't see the point of amping the sound bar but not the dash
Thanks for the input. Insane Audio boasts a "premium" built in amp on the head unit. Just wondering how many watts per channel. Doesn't specify on the website. I'm guessing 50 watts x4? I want louder than factory so I'm wondering how much louder the JL3001 is powering the speakers than the factory 5 inch I currently have. So my thought process is power all 4 front speakers with the JL3001 (as it sounds like the dash and knee speakers are on the same channel) and power the roll bar speakers with a 2 channel amp. But I think that neans cutting and splicing a lot of wires. I miss the analog days of hooking up sound.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Email them they are very responsive

when I had one in my JL it was a great unit and beautiful display way better than others out there since with theirs you can download apps
Sponsored