Sponsored

Iron Wolfpack’s Review of his Jeep Gladiator

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
I picked up my Gladiator just over 24 hours ago. And I want to provide a quick review. I have been obsessing over this vehicle for the the last 5 months and I was really worried I would be disappointed. In fact, I was scared to even take a test drive because I didn’t want to be let down. So the first time I drove one was yesterday in my own LE.

It is amazing. I love it so much. I have put 300 miles on it going no where. Just driving around all over the place with no destination in mind. Weather here has been horrible. But I did manage to get the freedom panels off for about 30 minutes. That made it even more awesome.

It did wander a bit with tire pressure at 42 psi when I got it. I reduced it to 37 psi and most of that went away. I also own a Range Rover Sport that drives very well on highways and I didn’t notice much of a drop off if any. Leaps and bounds better than any Jeep I have previously driven. And much more fun than the Range Rover.

The engine has gotten better the more miles I have put on it. And I really like it. I find that it has more pep than I expected. And the truck seems to be more nimble than I expected as well. I have had a great time on curvy backroads testing it out.

I know we have heard a complaint about an extremely hot floorboard and Gladiators that you can barely keep on the road. I don’t doubt that these things exist. But I have not experienced either. Maybe there are some poorly made pre spec vehicles out there. But it seems that they got it right with mine.

I recommend everyone to drive one and decide for yourself how it drives. I lost some of my excitement over the last few months because some negative posts about the gladiator. But I got my excitement right back when I walked in and looked at mine for the first time. It is beautiful, capable, and going to be an amazing addition to my life. I would recommend this truck to anyone! It is so fun to drive!

Also big thanks to @Travis@TriCityJeep and the rest of the folks at TriCity. They gave me a great deal and also spent a good amount of time going over the vehicle and the infotainment system with me. I couldn’t be happier.

46D68A6E-2AEA-4846-82F2-360596C1BAC8.jpeg

DA6C1022-9CB6-45E2-A324-756C9E18D621.jpeg
Sponsored

Big Red Gladiator

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra (gone... Just totaled it 4/22/19) Now a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited, RX350 (Wife's) and soon a Gladiator LE
Good to hear. I have Red a LE almost here. I just love the way she looks.

Congratulations on yours and thanks for the review.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you are enjoying it. I have 34” tires & running 34# in them it’s perfect for my brand tire, when driving in the heat they go up to 36# anyway, Congratulations on a beautiful Jeep, i love driving mine i got 850mi so far

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
Thanks for the review. It’s nice to see some positives in a sea of negatives, but of course most people will only speak up to complain. Some of my JT dream is restored.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iron Wolfpack

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Thanks for the review. It’s nice to see some positives in a sea of negatives, but of course most people will only speak up to complain. Some of my JT dream is restored.
So true. I agree with this statement so much. I used to manage a call center. Most customers don’t speak up unless they are unhappy. Very few take the time to commend the people they work with. So a commendation is very powerful. I would bet you there are a whole lot of people out there having the time of their lives in their Gladiator and they don’t have the time to come in here to provide their review.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Nice write-up Iron Wolfpack and beautiful truck.

Great to hear all the positives and appreciate you sharing your perspective. Very excited for mine to arrive and looking forward to putting miles on it.

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
That's how I ordered mine except no bed cover. Looks great. Thanks for the review and congrats on the new truck.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking JT! I am not a fan of red, but for some reason, the JT in red looks good!!! I’m up to 2000 miles, currently on road trip with family to Florida, and it’s an exceptional ride! We have a RR Velar, and this is my first choice for road trips from now on!!!!

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I picked up my Gladiator just over 24 hours ago. And I want to provide a quick review. I have been obsessing over this vehicle for the the last 5 months and I was really worried I would be disappointed. In fact, I was scared to even take a test drive because I didn’t want to be let down. So the first time I drove one was yesterday in my own LE.

It is amazing. I love it so much. I have put 300 miles on it going no where. Just driving around all over the place with no destination in mind. Weather here has been horrible. But I did manage to get the freedom panels off for about 30 minutes. That made it even more awesome.

It did wander a bit with tire pressure at 42 psi when I got it. I reduced it to 37 psi and most of that went away. I also own a Range Rover Sport that drives very well on highways and I didn’t notice much of a drop off if any. Leaps and bounds better than any Jeep I have previously driven. And much more fun than the Range Rover.

The engine has gotten better the more miles I have put on it. And I really like it. I find that it has more pep than I expected. And the truck seems to be more nimble than I expected as well. I have had a great time on curvy backroads testing it out.

I know we have heard a complaint about an extremely hot floorboard and Gladiators that you can barely keep on the road. I don’t doubt that these things exist. But I have not experienced either. Maybe there are some poorly made pre spec vehicles out there. But it seems that they got it right with mine.

I recommend everyone to drive one and decide for yourself how it drives. I lost some of my excitement over the last few months because some negative posts about the gladiator. But I got my excitement right back when I walked in and looked at mine for the first time. It is beautiful, capable, and going to be an amazing addition to my life. I would recommend this truck to anyone! It is so fun to drive!

Also big thanks to @Travis@TriCityJeep and the rest of the folks at TriCity. They gave me a great deal and also spent a good amount of time going over the vehicle and the infotainment system with me. I couldn’t be happier.

46D68A6E-2AEA-4846-82F2-360596C1BAC8.jpeg

DA6C1022-9CB6-45E2-A324-756C9E18D621.jpeg
I came from Honda's and Yamaha cycles, the day I bought a Harley, I threw my leg over the saddle at 3 in the afternoon and as I pulled away I understand this: "It's a Harley thing you may not understand"...as I rode away to see the sunrise the next morning.

Hot floorboards, barely keep on the road: "It's a JEEP thing you may not understand" and having said that that maybe Jeep is not a good fit!

I remember selling my '97 Jeep Sharah to my next door neighbor who thought how cool this guy runs around no doors, bikini top, mountain bike hanging on the front SCUBA gear in the back on the way to have fun. They had never owned a Jeep, they kept it ONE DAY, traded it in on a VOLVO!
Sponsored