Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I am also 6'3" (mostly torso) & had some issues adjusting it to comfort.. What really helped... As strange as it sounds is the seat jackers. Raising the front of the seat keeps my ass back where it belongs instead of sliding forward so I can recline it a bit more.

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Just had them installed game changer 6'3 about 200 and 125 to have them installed can't say enough about this product did the 2" lower
Really glad to hear this. At my height, I know how important it is to have a good fit in your vehicle. Congrats.....

Sponsored

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
I just installed the 2ā€ lower seat slammers and tried a few options. I eventually went with 2ā€ down at the rear and I left the blocks out of the front (the seat jackers). The seat clears the floor and bolts up fine with the rear cut down and no front jackers, I am not sure why they recommend them; it actually made the seat too angled for my comfort.
Anyway, I am real happy with it set up this way. I guess this is the way the 5ā€™8ā€ average person feels!
BTW, I am 6ā€™5.5ā€ and 250 lbs.

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
Steve at Desert Does It just sent me this in response to my query, ā€œWhile we were prototyping on a JLU and JT, there was a plastic covered wire chase under the seat. Without the front Seat Jackers, the seat frame would compress that wire chase. The risk of pinching or cutting wires is what forced us to have the front Seat Jackers.ā€
FYI

jplive

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave-99 Jeep TJ-12 Buick Enclave
I am also 6'3" (mostly torso) & had some issues adjusting it to comfort.. What really helped... As strange as it sounds is the seat jackers. Raising the front of the seat keeps my ass back where it belongs instead of sliding forward so I can recline it a bit more.
Are you still happy with the seat jackers? Which ones did you go with, the adjustable or fixed? I love the truck but feel as if I'm sliding forward all the time.

thank for any input.

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
Finally installed the Seat Slammers after a few months of procrastination.

Happy with them so far. My visibility is improved and the pitch of the seat bottom is less flat and more supportive. Combined with a new dead pedal the long distance comfort is much improved.

My kit from DDI was slightly different from the excellent YouTube install video, which did cause one minor mistake when it came time to attach the rear brackets to the freshly cut seat. Watch for the way the holes are drilled - it's opposite the video out there.

OP
OP

Sammar

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Finally installed the Seat Slammers after a few months of procrastination.

Happy with them so far. My visibility is improved and the pitch of the seat bottom is less flat and more supportive. Combined with a new dead pedal the long distance comfort is much improved.

My kit from DDI was slightly different from the excellent YouTube install video, which did cause one minor mistake when it came time to attach the rear brackets to the freshly cut seat. Watch for the way the holes are drilled - it's opposite the video out there.
I am very close to buying the slammer. I have 2 seemingly obvious questions:
1) Does the seat still slide forward and backward?

2) the seat also has a height adjustment, does that still work with the slammer? (That may seem like a dumb question since I'm sure we all have it at its lowest setting)

Sponsored

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
I am very close to buying the slammer. I have 2 seemingly obvious questions:
1) Does the seat still slide forward and backward?

2) the seat also has a height adjustment, does that still work with the slammer? (That may seem like a dumb question since I'm sure we all have it at its lowest setting)
1. yes, but it's a bit stickier for me now than it was before. Could be the change in angle that the track moves on. Not a big deal as once I get my seat in place I'm not moving it around much.

2. yes.

nasman95

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport w/ max tow package
Occupation
Retired
I got my 1st wrangler in 1990 upon college graduation and solid it 4 years later. I've been wanting another since then and just picked up my Gladiator Willys on Tuesday. Love everything about it except I need the driver's seat to lower a few more inches. When I recline the back to where I'd like it my head brushes the roll bar. I'm about 6' 3" and am wondering if there is a way to lose some padding or something...........
6'3" with 36 inch inseam and no problems with my Sport with leather.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
6'4" here, installing these Seat Slammers this weekend. Supposed to give me up to 2" of more headroom and also make the seat less flat.
I bought the "Seat Jacker" installed then got in to try it out then removed it, no chance of it working for me. It put my head right into the roll bar and then some. I've got maybe 1/4 inch of space from head to bar in mine. Never that issue with LJ or XJ but my MJ not enough leg room really.

Iā€™m a short guy here at 6ā€™2 it looks like. No issues for me, though Iā€™m not too far from it.
You and me both.šŸ˜‰

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
When people say "6'4" here, no issues" what they really mean is "there are issues but I live with it because it's the coolest truck on the road."

Make no mistake about it, the interior of the JL/JT is TINY. A guy over 6' tall will find that their hair brushes the sport bar. Their knee will rest against the door on the left and against the t-case shifter on the right. There is no way to pull your feet backward and rest them flat on the floorboard while cruising with the cruise control set.

I have no idea why they shaved nearly 2" out of the width. The JK was already small enough.

I'm 6'3" with shoes on and 224 lbs. I put 11,000 miles on in 6 months. A few trips were 250 miles one way, I also did a trip from KY to MI and back in a single day. It's doable. It won't kill you. But is it ideal? Hell no. The interior needs to be roomier.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I agree with a previous poster that ā€˜for meā€™ the full slam is too far. Not because itā€™s too low, but in order to get it the full 2ā€, you need the seat jacket installed in the front. Fortunately, the kit provides a 1/2 in spacer for the back, which allows you to remove the seat jacking block in the front. I havenā€™t had the time to do this adjustment yet. The rake fully slammed is very comfortable while the cruise controls is on, but I find I have to work a bit to work the pedals. Itā€™s not as bad as that just sounded, but itā€™s just short of natural. By making the slight adjustment noted above, I should have a bit more rake than stock and an additional 1 1/2 inch lower seat heightā€¦best of both worlds.

Iā€™ll also comment on the other products on the market as I heavily researched this before purchasing the seat slammers. Unless youā€™re a daddy or momma long leg I donā€™t see them being of use. In fact, they may be a safety issue placing your head under the hoop. They provide an additional ???4-6 inches of backward adjustment. The seat slammer rotates the seat position in the same place giving you headroom and leg room.

A huge benefitā€¦is my knee now rests behind the transfer case shifter! Before it was very uncomfortable.
Sponsored